1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

1.11 and PP3 Impressions

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by ALB123, Dec 20, 2016.

1. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

It would be cool if they got a cooperation with Pirelli so they could use the correct names, it is after all an Italian company too.

grandepunto likes this.
  2. baboon

baboon Alien

If that's true, would you put such a tire on a track oriented car like an X-Bow or an Exige 240R? If yes then what is the ingame street tire on cars like these? All-season tire ;) :D

Nahkamarakatti likes this.
  3. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Im pretty sure that x-bow only have semislicks. :)

4. baboon

baboon Alien

Yes, was just an example :)

5. Orne

Orne Alien

Are the HR tyres more difficult to get to proper temps ? I ran 5 laps at Silverstone Nat in the 911R and GT3 RS and I could never get the tyres green.

6. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Sometimes you're overcomplicating things guys :D

Street tyres: Any good modern high performance summer street tyre. Anything you can find easily on your local tyre vendor.
    Semislick tyres: Track oriented semislick tyres. Things like the original Toyo R888. NOT the latest R888R for example. Good trackday tyres, minimal tread.
    Hypercar tyres: Those are special tyres, made specifically for the cars by the tyre manufacturers. They will have sufficient tread for rain and look like max performance summer tyres, but they also have custom compound for the cars and are stickier than a "normal" semislick. Usually they have more grip than a semislick, but wider slipangles because of the tread.

That's it.
    V10 will keep the same names, and we will work heavily on their behaviour, heating, and handling.

Chappa, Kristaps, witoldinho and 33 others like this.
  7. baboon

baboon Alien

You're right it's a pretty pointless discussion, but can be fun to do anyway sometimes ;)

In the end we all have to deal with how the tire is on track and find out how to get the most out of it. And i'm really happy that these tires are still WIP :)

8. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Looking at current car tests it becomes obvious that even IRL tyres are confusing. The Corvette and the AMG GT R were tested by Sport Auto with semislicks in disguise that were named like "normal" high performance road tyres.

So in AC it's best to not worry too much about the names but just learn how to drive each compound.

Seria17hri11er, DaveS78 and baboon like this.
  9. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Can you change name of trofeo tyres to cut slicks or something?
    You approved that idea ages ago. :p

10. Orne

Orne Alien

Oddly the HR tyres feel like they have less grip than the semi slicks to me

11. Aristotelis

They don't. The cars though are much faster and powerful that your typical semislick equipped car

12. Orne

Orne Alien

No doubt about that and there isn't a way to compare the semi slicks on cars that use HR. I had my ambient temp at 10C, raised it up to 28C and the rears are nicely in the green on the 911R, the fronts are a bit icebox, in the 60C range. Interestingly enough I had no problems driving the Carrera S at that ambient temp. Although it has 80 less HP than the 911R, ha !

I don't pretend to understand all the nuances at play with this stuff. Every track day is a new learning experience for me

13. Sleeper Service

Sleeper Service Hardcore Simmer

First impressions so far and really having only driven the 911R and the GT3 version are... cool :cool:

Keep up the good work @Kunos, by the time I get a 250 GTO and the 787B AC should be in excellent shape :)

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  14. kakusso

kakusso Hardcore Simmer

The new inertia makes driving in AC a whole new experience. So much more demanding. Corrections are more often needed and they need to be done faster than before.

Seria17hri11er and LeDude83 like this.
  15. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

@kakusso
    Do slides behave different now? I noticed that it felt more natural to catch slides this morning when I did some laps with the 911r. Might aswell be placebo or only 911r though.

max_86 likes this.
  16. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

I like the GT3 R, it´s quite challenging around the Ring. That thing does not like curbs at all. Still need to compare it to another GT3 with the updated V10 tyres, I have a feeling that they might have a it of the same effect after what Aris posted about the tyres. The new Porsche GT3 R is indeed not as much a cruise as GT3 has been before, it needs constant attention.

The feeling of the 917K is pure awesome. The sound is one of the best Kunos have done so far in my opinion, you can feel so much just by listening. Drives great, too, even if it constantly tries to get me sweating.

Didn´t like the 911R at all the first time I drove it. Have an issue with the sound of that one my G35, need to turn down engine volume from 10 to 8 to avoid crackling. Than it was quite nice, but not as overwhelming as I expected.

The Turbo S surprised me, it´s quite great, a good AWD tank. Really fun to overdrive and slap around!

The Cup car feels like a really good and balanced racecar, looks like it´d be a perfect car for MP or for a nice new Championship over a lot of different circuits. Will have fun with that one for sure.

Only had a short go with the 908 at Monza full course where it was quite easy to drive if I braked early enough. Need to take it to the Ring maybe, too, I guess it will be a lot of fun on a circuit with more turns and bends.

919 is fast and feels like a spaceship. The aero grip is out of this world, going through Radillon at ease full throttle at about 285. Don´t like the brake feeling yet, there´s very little response so I don´t use the brakes as much as I could yet. Maybe more practice is needed here.

About the update itself, I am really looking forward to using that Championship feature, will likely start a series between the holidays. The road feel of the cars within PP3 is even still a step further into the right direction. The cars react so much to everything, curbs, bumps, load, elevation changes, just feels alive. Best thing I felt was going over a crest in a turn while still slightly braking. Car started to rotate as the rear axle went over the crest and the load decreased, and than settled back in slowly while the rear suspension was dampening down the oscillation. And I kind of felt all of that in the moment.

To make it short, thanks to the whole Team at Kunos for delivering once more a total batch of awesomeness! From the posts of some devs it seems like it was real pressure to hit the deadline but what you achieved in less than a month is amazing! Congratulations to the release and Thank you very much!

17. liakjim

liakjim Alien

And what about troffeos?
    They are like slicks?

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

18. kakusso

kakusso Hardcore Simmer

I still need to use the new pressures, but yesterday the Porsche GT3 and the Ferrari GT2 felt less forgiving. Too slow correction and they would spin. Too much input in the correction and they would spin in the opposite direction. AC had this behaiviour in the early versions but it is a lot more refined now.

19. Aristotelis

Think of them like intermediates racing tyres. But you can imagine what would have happened to the hype train if I would call them intermediate (and no we can't have rain in AC!)

20. I feel a bit nervous to run AC again today. Yesterday I had easily my worst feelings with the sim since the very first day and I really wish it was something fu*cked up on my end.

Road cars felt like they've suddenly lost their weight and rear engined Porsche's eating turn-in's like a modern FWD hatchback. Felt like bad rFactor mods. Like the good old center pivot. Tried couple of hours, frustrated and shut down my PC.

My hopes are still high that it's just something really badly messed up on my end. Fingers crossed. ;)

earlyapex likes this.