1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

1.11 and PP3 Impressions

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by ALB123, Dec 20, 2016.

1. I did an integrity check and it found 15 (!) failed files. WTF.

Everyone tells me even V7 cars feel different and I didnt think they did, so maybe that'll do it, lol. Still need to try again once I'm home.

That said, the 911R with max rear ARB felt pretty nice in normal driving. Still too "easy" to exaggerate to me, but at least it sure didnt drive like a boat (GT4 welp), and its much more natural feeling than the GT3RS which does strange things when driven hard, like the electronics are losing it or something.

Avoletta likes this.
  2. matz_AUT

matz_AUT Hardcore Simmer

not sure really, sound is still stereo I believe, at least I can hardly tell if front or rears are locking up.
    But with the virtual 3D all sounds, specially in the cockpit, are very vivid and have some plasticity, so its quite immersive
    Sry, if i misunderstood your question.

The Pc-363d virtual 3D effect is switched on via a seperate driver that is integrated into the cord

3. mister dog

mister dog Alien

The way you guys manage all this new content and the added improvements to every facet of the game in the meantime, is incredible for a team of what is it; 20?

Christmas coming now so take a well deserved break [​IMG]

4. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I think they have said ~30. But even with that many its impressive.

Seria17hri11er, baboon and mister dog like this.
  5. mister dog

mister dog Alien

Indeed, not many teams of that size actually manage to deliver as much on such a short notice. And heck even first part studios with huge budgets don't even come close.

Very impressive, I think AC is the only game that constantly sees improvements and content without huge breaks of many months where nothing happens? I can't think of another studio doing the same and as a consequence people stick with your product.

6. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Ok, thanks. I'm a huge fan of virtual surround with headphones. It must come from a surround source, though. I've never experienced a convincing 3D illusion when the effect is just slapped onto a stereo source.

That being said: I'm still glad you're happy with it :)

7. xela1

xela1 Racer

hometown of PORSCHE !!! IMG_4241.JPG

8. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

On my G35 I had issues with Windows 10 for some time and I had to use the normal stereo mode. Than it got fixed and sound is another level in the virtual 3D mode. Much more depth and immersion in general. The algorithms at Logitech seem to work quite nice. It´s not all about locating sounds, but I can isolate specific sounds much better than in the normal mode, the way I can do it on my bike in real life, too (Hearing the cams htting the valves, the chain, etc.). Obviously it can´t be as detailed as in real life, but it´s a definite improvement for me.

9. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Hmm ok, thanks. A good fake surround system will do what you describe - add general "room" to the sound, help make it feel more airy and spatial. It gets bad when the algorithm tries to decide which signal should be coming from the front and from the back IMO.

So it sounds like yours are doing a good job. I would want to try such a rather subtle system.

The best thing in HP surround I ever heard was Beyerdynamic's 2000 € system with a 5.1 receiver/decoder and a headset with a headtracker on top. It had two speakers only, like it should. But the surround illusion was close to perfect. I tested several games including Bioshock. I was turning around all the time because I thought someone was in the room behind me.

10. matz_AUT

matz_AUT Hardcore Simmer

I originally bought them to better distinguish where opponents on track are, and clearly hear if the fronts or rear tyres are locking up. However that is not the case, at least for me.
    However the engine sound with the virtual 3D really is very very impressive. It makes you believe you actually really are in an enclosed cockpit, and once that 917K engine comes close to redline it feels like sitting in the middle of an orchestra.
    With the RSR I time and again find myself to modulate the gas pedal, just so that I can hear the rattling of the timing chain more often, because with the virtual 3D I can so distinctively hear it among all the other sounds of the engine, while with 3D turned off in comparison it seems like it is surpressed.
    Realistic? not sure.
    Immersive? You bet!

Robert M525 likes this.
  11. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Sounds also like a "less is more" approach - good.

12. It's just a shame that...after the intro and first level....BioShock was rubbish.

13. Where is the MX-5 NA?

14. arthur666

arthur666 Alien

I don't think they would release it in a Porsche Pack. Probably in 2017. Might want to check in another thread. In here is the only official mention that I know of. : http://www.assettocorsa.net/assetto-corsa-v1-5-dev-diary-part-33/

Only really drove the 908 and 911R last night (plus the GT40), but both were very fun. I really like that 911R. I knew I would, and I've been hyping it to myself, but it really lived up to that. Will be one of my all time-favorites. And it made me appreciate having a toy gearbox clamped to my desk.

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  15. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

A
    Available for download on the internet, it is a great mod, you should get it!

arthur666 likes this.
  16. NA probably stands for Not Available :p

17. 6S.Manu

6S.Manu I'm Awesome! Staff Member KS Dev Team

[​IMG]

18. Mathieu Labbé

Mathieu Labbé Hardcore Simmer

I also use that virtual 3D from a soundblaster Zx to my ATH-M40X headphones since a few days ago. Dont know if I should set AC to 5.1 or keep stereo but with that fake 3D enabled and windows set to 5.1, it really brings AC to another level in the sound department for me too. I would never use that for music or even movies but in games, why not. Two times now that I'm passed by a faster car without noticing it arriving in the back, hearing it passing me by made me jump like hell :D Of course the 'surround' is very limited, but the effect is good enough to improve my immersion feeling by quite a lot.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
    LeDude83 likes this.
  19. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Ah you were the one blocking me. :mad: :D

(Just a joke, for humour-less. ;))

20. Looks like I am going to be quoting Aris a lot... 2nd time posting this in the thread :D

See this:

You both should verify game cache. The majority do not feel this way about the update.