1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Lack of Communication and Honesty (Again)

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by alternatingcurrent, Mar 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I made this thread before, but it was closed due to arguments taking place. It's strange though, I've seen many arguments take place on this forum and it doesn't seem like they are all closed and treated the same. It seems like if it's towards the praise of the game, it stays, but if real issues and flaws are brought up that are valid, immediately, there's a closure of it.

The point of the thread is remaining the same. In that last thread, I wanted to talk about how Kunos has treated the situation thus far, with the console release. I understand there are extra hurdles to get things done on console, but this is beyond that. The lack of communication still exists and we are still being made empty promises.

We were told that an update would go into submission by the end of the month. As soon as the thread was made, I already stated that I thought this sounded like more of the lies from Kunos and the post was deleted with nothing said about it and no reason given. And really there are only 2 days left in the month, and there is no news. This is not the first time Kunos has promised something and under delivered, as a matter of fact, it seems like it's the trend. I'm sure this thread will be closed soon, because I'm not praising Kunos and calling out their faults, which actually exist.

When one of the Porsche Packs was being released, there were a lot of posts of how much longer we had to wait than the PC people to get. I remember then seeing a post by "Lord Kunos" saying that the reason there was such a gap was because it was just the beginning of the console release and that future releases will have less of a gap between releases. The Porsche Pack in question was release just a few days over a month later after the PC version, from this post. As of now, the PC version has had two updates over the past 2 months, and we've yet to get anything, and the gap has now increased (more than doubled), if anything.

And once again, Kunos has gone silent. Yes, I know there are still a day left in the month, but given the track record, it seems highly unlikely that Kunos will deliver on their promise once again. Why not at least give us an update on anything, if you're still working on it, why not say that you are and if things are still on schedule?

I came into this community and game hearing much praise and with optimism, over the period of the release of this game on console, that has been systematically crushed as time goes on. It seems more and more that Kunos lies to it's community (at least on console) a lot and doesn't value it that much. They're idea of "soon" is just saying, "Leave us alone" And not really soon at all. I've seen the devs themselves talk to forum members in derogatory and childish ways, which makes me question the maturity of the team.

The simulation you have made is amazing and far above any other, but almost everything else surrounding it has been terrible and inexcusable. You may say that I'm acting over privileged, but I'm only asking about the things that we were told we would be given. I know there are people who will defend Kunos no matter what I say or what they do.

I expect this thread to be closed given that I'm not praising Kunos, and instead calling out their flaws, although I'm hoping this stays open for people to see the way Kunos treats it's consumers.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Still no FOV and total lack of communication from devs. Jan 27, 2021
    Console Lounge Lack of Communication/Honesty Feb 7, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Lack of communication is the source of multiplayer crashers Nov 5, 2014
    ACC Troubleshooting ingame Replay TV cameras are black but with sound Apr 20, 2024
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Misano - skybox black flashes, graphics glitches, FPS drops Mar 10, 2024
    ACC Virtual Reality Misano skybox repeatedly flashes/flickers to black, skybox texture changes Jan 4, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer dedicated server cant set driver info "black background" Sep 24, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Game shuting down after black screen when launch May 31, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Stuttering and black screens Apr 9, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Lack of BOM in server results files Feb 15, 2023
    Chit Chat Room Blacklisted from Touge Life 3 Sep 22, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Black screen crash [Resolved by restored OS installation] Jul 16, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer 1.8.16 hotfix - Severe lack of servers after update Jul 6, 2022
    ACC User Interface Lack of in game information is off putting May 23, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality Vr mirrored screen black May 14, 2022

3. Kaaarp

Kaaarp Racer

4. Usually, i go on fight with this kind of posts, because, guys are repeating always the same things about the same probs without being constructiv.

But when i read yours, i see a gamer and a customer that has been fooled by the italians.
    And we're all in the same boat. I think clearly that, nor Kunos moov its *** and invest massively in the console (you know making money all those kind of things) nor they close console section, and let the game as it is like TDU2.

It's sad to see how good they can be about sim, and how bad they are about marketing and com.

I'm tired from this lack of everything. lack of tracks, lack of cars, lack of featuring.

5. Excellent post. I'm sure it was very important for you to contribute this to the thread.

Honestly, it's not that bad, by itself. The amount of content and features doesn't bother me, it's just the way it's handled which gets to me. For example, the way we're fed this information. We're told one thing, and given another. The phrase "soon" has no meaning to Kunos. Even when they update a situation, they do it in the most vague possible manner then don't even hold up to the vague statement they made.

We've yet to be told what is even being worked on or what will be included in the next update. We're told we would get private lobbies, but we're not told what features will be there. It's exactly this type of desertion that I'm talking about. Then when they release it, we find so many things missing, and people wonder why.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2017
    Reinart86 and Donald_Trump2016 like this.
  6. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Hmm...

I won´t defend anything, just because I´m on pc (ps4 owner too), but everything KS has confirmed in any forthcoming patch, has mostly been in that given patch. Then something happens, like the Porsche RSR, but it did get there a few months delayed than promised.
    As a customer, would it sometimes be easier to have a different mindset on updates? Like, if it was confirmed that it´s being worked on, hard, that it´ll come sooner or later, and the possibility that the guys working on it are passionate about getting it right with the resources they possess?
    I'm being honest here: there´s been far more occasions where Kunos has said a definite "NO!", when asked if a certain feature or content would make it into AC. And yet, they gave in and brought many anyway. The other way around, I have yet to see some major confirmation of content/features that has NOT made it, sooner or later, into the game. And, as it´s been true to PC aswell as console, things get delayed by many variables, often ones outside the Kunos dev team.
    It has right from the start been a sim in development, constantly improving, not a definate released product that just receives the usual few patches and then is left behind, like it´s true for the majority of console games, or even games in general.

I understand it´s a b*tch to not be able to have private lobbies, but really...soon you'll have them and you'll forget about it and move on to the next thing you "want". So really, it's possible to lower the level of frustration by simply not allowing it and just wait. It'll be much healthier to this support forum and up the motivation for the devs.

Have a great weekend :)

Cheers!

mms and eSEA One like this.
  7. By itself its not bad if you are not aware of what is happening in the world and in car games.

Bring gameplay from ac to FM7 and that will be perfect.

8. Jebus

Jebus Alien

Oh look, another broken record player. Yawn

pippo10 and Patteyh like this.
  9. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Yeah, and that´s about as naive as any idea can get. Sure, every dev would do just that, if it was so easy, and if it was such a great idea to cover all in one game.

10. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Did they say that they would update you when it went into submission?

11. I can understand what you're saying. But again, this isn't about features. I imagine Kunos will eventually deliver what they said they would, although the experience on console has yet to imply such. But I know about the PC version, and am still giving them a little confidence because I understand it is harder to get things done on console. My gripe is not the lack of content.

What I'm saying is, there is a stickied thread on top, over here, saying that an update will be put into submission by the end of the month and that would be given a list of what's included in that update "real soon." We're now a day away from the next month, and there's absolutely nothing since then, no list, no status update. I understand that Kunos are not able to constantly come on the forums and give us every single update. But the thing is, when they told us we'd have a list "real soon" and the update would be submitted by the end of the month, is it too much to ask just to let us know, by the deadline given themselves, if it has actually happened? Or even if it hasn't, let us know why and what to really expect? It really seems like we've been fed nothing but marketing lies up until now. As the title says, it's more about the lack of communication and honesty. We're barely told anything, if anything at all, and then even then, we're let down. It seems to imply Kunos does not care for it's console base as much as it's PC base.

Donald_Trump2016 likes this.
  12. TeKnO-_-91

TeKnO-_-91 Racer

''The simulation you have made is amazing and far above any other''. dude its good but there are others that do a better job at ''simulation'' ;)

13. They didn't tell us they would inform us when it is submitted, but why not? It would only ease the us to know that Kunos is doing their best. At least, we were told we would be given a list of what's included, but that hasn't happened. Of course, it was said "real soon," which really, as I said before, doesn't seem to have any meaning to Kunos.

I'm starting to feel like making this thread might be useless, because it doesn't seem like Kunos is going to change in this way. Vague updates and timelines seems like a normal thing here.

14. I agree, my idea was more "take way more time to dev AC like 2019 for consoles and gives us something full".

I have the sensation that they haven't seen whats console world is, you can't just bring updates as you want like PC. Plus, console market is not the same. People are ok to pay DLC, not to wait for majr updates.

15. danowat

danowat Hardcore Simmer

I'm not sure what's worse, the continual moaning about the state of the product, or the condescending replies from (mainly) PC owners.

Neither camp is particularly endearing.

16. In terms of driving sensation and feel, that's my personal opinion of Assetto Corsa. I'm not trying to change anyone's mind, just expressing what I feel.

TeKnO-_-91 likes this.
  17. You're right. Even as I was making this thread, I felt the redundancy, but I feel this has to be brought to light. Yes, we are moaning and complaining, but it's not completely unwarranted. It's not just out of nowhere that these many people are complaining and asking for answers.

Reinart86 and Donald_Trump2016 like this.
  18. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Did they at least say they would give you a list of whats included as soon as it was submitted? Otherwise its a bit ****ty to call someone a liar/say they doesnt keep their word because of it.

Kaaarp and Schnipp like this.
  19. Yes, they did say they would release a list of what's included "real soon." Forgive me, since I can't recall where the exact post is, but I'm certain I saw the post. It might be in the actual stickied thread.

Perhaps calling it a lie might have been harsh. Granted, maybe they didn't intend to lie, but really, telling half truths isn't that far off.

20. Im sorry to be the one to tell you alternatingcurrent but making this thread was pointless. Surely you have better things to do than write an essay complaining about an awaited update for a computer game taking too long???

pippo10 and Jebus like this.
  21. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Real soon is a very subjective thing so its good to say that because they dont promise an exact time frame. If they put it into submission today or earlier, you should have it in about 2 weeks or so? We'll see "soon" :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.