1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Lack of Communication and Honesty (Again)

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by alternatingcurrent, Mar 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fat-Alfie

Fat-Alfie Hardcore Simmer

I honestly don't understand all the anger and frustration from the console users. I bought pCars for the PC, even though I had read reviews that told me the physics model was not great, and friends online had told me that it was not great.

I bought it anyway. I was disappointed. I don't play it. It's quite simple o_O

I'm not trying to cause an argument, but could you tell me what was promised to you before you bought AC, and what was missing when you first played it? I have played AC since Early Access so have 'grown up' with the acceptance that AC constantly evolves. In my opinion, AC on the PC started off great and has simply improved over time (barring a few tyre model blips). I know all the console users can't be lying, or idiots, so there is clearly an issue for you. I just wonder how it is so different to what was advertised.

pippo10, fr13del and eSEA One like this.
  2. ohjeah

ohjeah Hardcore Simmer

This is kind of a perfect example of the lack of communication.. Nobody seems to even know who is exactly developing the console version and why it is so different compared to pc version. I'm under the impression that the console version is also developed by a (very small?) team of Kunos and 505 is only a publisher. Though the fact that not very well organized bug reporting and support is handled by 505 games is kind of weird..

3. I see we have different info :)
    As far as I know, the Kunos team was too small to afford the console development itself and they made an agreement back in time with 505 to manage the console release.
    Then, in late 2016 in January 2017, the owners of 505 bought Kunos Simulazioni too. What I got is that Kunos still makes the decisions about AC development and content, but the porting is by 505.

This is from an article about the acquisition of Kunos Simulazioni by Digital Bros:
    Based in Milan, Digital Bros is the parent company of 505 Games, which helped Kunos publish Assetto Corsa on the PS4 and Xbox One consoles.
    Source: http://www.teamvvv.com/en/news/comm...-Kunos-Simulazioni-bought-out-by-Digital-Bros

4. ohjeah

ohjeah Hardcore Simmer

Promised: Same features and content as seen on pc. With different ui and lower number of ai cars on track to compensate the lack of processing power on consoles.

Missing: Many features and most of the basic settings and options available on pc.

5. danowat

danowat Hardcore Simmer

I think I am right in saying that it was mentioned prior to release (in some interviews / pre-release blurb) that the console version would be the same as, and have parity with, the PC version.

Which isn't the case at all.

6. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

It says that they helped publish in your quote aswell.

7. Yes. I get it as: they take the AC code and make it to publish on console.

8. ZX636

ZX636 Hardcore Simmer

Both versions (PC/consoles) are built by Kunos. 505 is just the publisher.

9. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Theres a difference between a developer and a publisher. Kunos is a developer and 505 games is a publisher.

10. First of all, thank you for trying your best to stay on topic and civil about this. I appreciate that. I understand my frustration is showing itself, but as I said before, I don't think it's completely unwarranted.

From what I gather, it seems like you're saying that Kunos are not responsible for the console version of the game. From my understanding, 505 is a publishing company, which means to my understanding their main job is to publish the game, not develop it. This means things like bug fixes and really, anything internal in the game is all from the developer. And again, there have been two threads made asking who is in charge of the development of this game that I have seen myself, and neither was answered. Again, pointing the lack of communication.

And again, as for the patch, there is a stickied thread in this forum stating that the patch will be submitted, by them, into approval. There is no mention of 505 having anything to do with it. Yes, I understand that Sony/Microsoft handle the patch afterwards, but that time frame is very small, usually about a week or even sooner. There are many other games which get patched and much faster intervals, sometimes multiple times a week, so that shouldn't be a huge issue.

As far as the assumptions, if you read the post in the sticky, it's hard to miss that implication. I mean, even if you look at the stickied thread, it is so vague. All it says is that they are doing what they already told us before they were doing. They're posts and updates have all been extremely vague. What else would you gather when this type of thing is consistently occurring?

And lastly, I am not asking for a perfect life experience. This is a game... not life. This is not the entirety of my life and I understand life is not "perfect" or whatever. Really, I don't understand how you got that notion at all. If you read carefully what I am saying, you'll see I'm simply addressing some key issues.

11. TeKnO-_-91

TeKnO-_-91 Racer

sure, i was just making you aware if you didn't know already

12. How you like it more. But why should 505 ask to report console bugs in a different way than we do for the PC version, if they haven't to do with development?

13. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/console-customer-support-info.42696/
    Why would Kunos need to know about a bug in the console version if they dont work on it?

Sorry @alternatingcurrent about all offtopic. This was the last one from me.. You can report the posts if you want to see them deleted. :)
    I hope you get your update sooner rather than later

14. Kaaarp

Kaaarp Racer

Um, yep - that's how reviews work - a journalist plays a game and then tells you about it. Been that way for decades.

But, back on topic - when you open a thread by saying "I've already said this" - why bother posting? You've had your say kunos heard you, we heard you...

Are we there yet
    Are we there yet
    Are we there yet

This constant demand for attention is rather grating which is why you receive some unsympathetic replies.

Davi2877 and @P73 like this.
  15. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

The other problem that creates a lot of arguments in my opinion is, you look at pc side of forum, the communication you receive in game, especially bugs, evolving the game is brilliant I haven't seen anything like it before. Then on the same page of forum you got console section, communication is limited, you get the odd bit thrown in by lord kunos, bug reporting and feedback is a joke if you compare the 2 sides. This is what's causing most of the trouble. Both sides of forum have paid for the game, so why don't both sides receive the same level of feedback.

16. SkechBG

SkechBG Racer

I give a last chance to Kunos to make the Console version at par with a PC version, with a CUSTOM BUTTON MAPPING, FOV, SEAT AJUSTMENTS ! SO basic features i cant belive they are not incluide it with the game! For me doesemt metter if they release a Prived Lobbys soon or not, if this basic options are not implemented too i give up! I love the game but im tired of driving with that rediculous button set on my T300rs , the bad FOV and Seat position in every car.... If they not release this features (who are present in AC on PC) thats it , my patience is over! And never more buy Kunos game or 505 published game, is rediculous the lack of so important basic stuff .... And yes im angry because i preorder the game i get a seasson pass i own it on pc too and i expected some similarity in the settings...and the difference is huge only with the lack of this 3 BASIC settings!

hoss2852, ppbucko and kofotsjanne like this.
  17. eeerm no
    This question has been answered millions of time, and the answer is always the same:
    The console port is done by Kunos Simulazioni, 505 is a publisher and not a developer (in this case).

No idea where the doubt is to be honest.

18. We don't want sympathy we want patch updates or at least information concerning patch updates.

hoss2852 likes this.
  19. No worries man. Thanks for you sentiment, but as I said before, it's not just about the update. I hope we're communicated with better and told things more clear. Good day. :)

20. ZX636

ZX636 Hardcore Simmer

IF (a big IF) the bug submission form works, then I won't even care about the different support treatment between console and PC users. Can't wait for the next update to be released to see if the graphical glitches that have been there since day one have been finally fixed or not. If they're still there, then yes, we'll need to push again to get the same amount of support because that would be the only solution to see them sorted.

ppbucko likes this.