1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Lack of Communication and Honesty (Again)

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by alternatingcurrent, Mar 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kevin Kirk

Kevin Kirk Simracer

..................................................on social media P.C.users are actually getting a kick out of us expressing how we feel about the state of the console version. Its become the joke for them and they enjoy scrolling thur to find the console users venting their frustration just to comment on it. They are enjoying the state of the console version. Myself everytime I feel the frustration I remind myself there isn't but a couple of people working on the console version unless I'm mistaken. Somewhere their is a guy trying to climb that mountain so I'm not going to say that much about him not being being able to climb it fast enough. I'm sure someone is working their *** off trying to do that. That said its still not much of a stretch that console players would need to vent about the situation they are in. That's not a broken record, that's just being human

Donald_Trump2016 and TitzonToast like this.
  2. ZX636

ZX636 Hardcore Simmer

In regard to your last post, I can see why. No matter who asks what, this kind of tone is completely unnecessary.

3. Cercata

Cercata Gamer

Hey guys, if we have these guys answering questions instead of programming, all that stuff we're asking for will arrive later, so it's counterproductive for us.

BTW, I'm wondering why the CMs don't handle this, it's their work.

These forums should be a way for communicating with Kunos and giving them feedback for making Assetto a better game, not for harrasing developpers :p

4. Kevin Kirk

Kevin Kirk Simracer

the guys asked if cockpit view adjustments made it in and got that response. That's not exactly harassing anyone.

hoss2852 and Donald_Trump2016 like this.
  5. Kevin Kirk

Kevin Kirk Simracer

......that response from someone who is suppose to be our life line for info about the game is just horrible to read. The guy simply asked a queston about a update we know very little about.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2017
    DatNoiseV12 and Donald_Trump2016 like this.
  6. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

You must not read threads, that or you are the dishonest one. There are many unclosed threads pointing Assettos flaws our and threads simply filled with the same posters spitting their dummies out. I'm amazed this thread wasn't closed with the way you labelled them liars and dishonest.

Remind me, what was the budget for Horizon Zero Dawn? ( it's over 45 mill ) And who publishes it? ( Sony, it's Sony ) And how much does Sony charge them to get these patches out asap? ( Mates rates I'm presume )

Some people just dont have a grasp on reality.

7. DonZmeuheu

DonZmeuheu Hardcore Simmer

IMO Lord Kunos behaves like a pussy...oh wait He actual is a pussy! Can't believe how unfriendly you communicate with your customers. The customer is the King and not you ****ing developers! The only thing people want know is what will come and when. I know you dont have any date to share but to read this sentence After a Month now is ridiculous. I know you are a tiny Team but who cares...hire a few people! I really don't expect anything from Kunos in the future because for me they allready ****ed up. It's not your sim that is ridiculous, the sim is great...but you Guys from Kunos are ridiculous in the way you communicate. Step down from your high horse and sit in a car:)

8. Cercata

Cercata Gamer

Ok, let's ask more and more questions, to see if we can stop completly the development by keeping they busy answering ...

9. Kevin Kirk

Kevin Kirk Simracer

yes, that's the issue the console game is facing. Players asking to many questons about a update that's days away.

10. @P73

@P73 Simracer

I get your point. A gentlemanly answer is always nicer than a short tempered one. On the other hand, sincerity is ALWAYS prefered above fake politeness, so disgustingly present in the business interactions carried out by community managers, sales reps and the likes of it.

His initiative to come here and try to address the doubts is praiseworthy. He answered the main questions and got annoyed at having to answer again what had already been answered before. A little rude? Yes, but 100% authentic. High IQ fellows just don't have any patience with beating about the bush or silliness of any kind.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2017
  11. Kevin Kirk

Kevin Kirk Simracer

12. Kevin Kirk

Kevin Kirk Simracer

.....we are all on nerves about the update. Today is the day it was said to be submitted by. So we made it to this point now we just have to be patient until its approved

@P73 likes this.
  13. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

I hope all this discussions dont end up with @Lord Kunos not passing by anymore by the console forum.

Im not agree at all with the tone of the response to @DatNoiseV12 because as I interpreted it, he was just asking about some features with harmless intentions.

In the other hand, I understand completely the annoyance of the team when they pass by. No constructive criticism whatsoever, total lack of empathy to the team and even insults (WTF!).

The CM is paid to be arround here and to put up and be nice against the rain of **** some console users generate (on twitter is even worse). I dont believe Stefano is paid to do that. And he has already said that doesnt like it.

So lets be empathic and fair at least; is not incompatible with being critical.

DatNoiseV12 likes this.
  14. Kevin Kirk

Kevin Kirk Simracer

....... I agree, we made it to this point of it being submitted. That was the hard part. So lets not fall apart waiting for it to be approved. It doesn't take all that long for it to be approved. Maybe a week or so judging by other update I have keep track of. Maybe alittle longer for microsoft

SlimCharles likes this.
  15. Can you!?

16. Most info is not out there, hence the thread.

17. Don't know why l received what turned out to be a temporary ban? l've had no explanation so hope l don't do it again.o_O:confused:

18. TiredTyres

TiredTyres Rookie

Thank you. A happy customer. Can we console users expect track surface conditions to be added at some point? Will we be able to chose opponents in Championship and if so will that be extended to quick races and race weekends?

19. lmagine if there was a post stating what was in the incoming patch/update.......There would be no questions to answer on that front.

hoss2852 likes this.
  20. HavanaB0B

HavanaB0B Hardcore Simmer

And it would be a little premature to have something like that until your patch/update had been approved.

OriginalR6kid, SlimCharles and @P73 like this.