1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Lack of Communication and Honesty (Again)

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by alternatingcurrent, Mar 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I mean, if this thread was pointless, what was the point of your post? Doesn't that make it even more pointless?

But still, I understand your point... but my point is, this is what it's been like for console since launch and I'm not alone in feeling this way. If this thread gets locked, fine. But I don't think it should and I don't think that's fair. You can't just ignore that way that Kunos has handled this situation. And when anyone brings it up, rather than seeing what is actually being talked about, you get annoyed at the person saying it.

Maybe there is a better way to express it, but I can't think of it right now. I don't think I'm being unreasonable, although I'm open to any honest criticism.

AndyB16 and Donald_Trump2016 like this.
  2. I guess you're right, technically. But still, there are implications (sunny reference) that you can't ignore. After a certain point, you realize that you're using the word "soon" in a different way. Not you, mind you. I understand you were joking. But I'm speaking of Kunos. When they say "soon," it's like a slap on the face. It's like them demeaning our concerns in a way and just pawning it off to a vague and not completely honest expression in "soon." How different is that from lying?

What is the point of being SO quiet and vague about it all?

I remember reading that there would be a drag strip and photo mode when the game launched, but there wasn't. We were told that beyond technical limitations, this game would be identical to the PC version when launched, but it wasn't. There are key settings missing. We were told that the game would be a solid 60FPS on console, and it isn't. Isn't that lying? Granted, I'm still willing to ignore all the previous if it seemed like there were signs of improvement. But I personally don't see it and I'm presenting why based on the way things have happened thus far.

Donald_Trump2016 likes this.
  3. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I dont remember exactly what they said but I also think they said it was supposed to be the same. And if they actually did, which i recall, they werent being honest about it since alot settings are different and missing.

hoss2852 likes this.
  4. M I S K A

M I S K A Rookie

You should be happy, nothing compares to the development of LFS...just saying.

Fat-Alfie likes this.
  5. hoss2852

hoss2852 Gamer

Alternating i totally agree with your sentiments. If people are honest they will see the hollow shell of a game we have. And on console how can we even call it a proper sim if the tyre model is unrealistic seeing as the PC has different modelling. It is a shame but I firmly believe it will never be as promised on console ie PC equivalent. If people dont like what you say to bad they are either PC users or happy and rich enough to throw away money on something which is plainly not what we were told it would be.

6. Thank you. You see, I'm not trying to just bash this company or anyone. I don't want to start any unnecessary arguments or anything. I just want to talk about the issue at hand. That is, we were promised things which were not completely true and are still treated that way. This isn't fair. And also we're not told anything further about how or why? I understand that people are tired of seeing the same kind of complaints, but my reason for making this thread is to bring light to it so people can actually see it and understand why (which is a lot to ask of people on the internet). I don't think my concerns are just out of nowhere.

I felt a little cringey making this thread, but then, if i didn't, I felt like no one is really addressing this issue that exists. And when it is brought up, it seemed like it's brushed aside by unreasonable fans of the game or by Kunos themselves.

7. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

But this thread wasnt about what was promised in the game before release, its a thread about them not giving you info and its the end of the month. They never promised that afaik at least. I see no reason to make up things to make it sound worse than it is, thats the only reason i posted in this thread.

8. This thread is about what the title states, that there is a severe lack of honesty and communication. I was bringing that up as an example. I also brought up other examples just to further illustrate my point. The reason I talk about all of these things is because it seems to be a pattern.

9. Oh look another PC player in the console lounge.

hoss2852 likes this.
  10. Kaaarp

Kaaarp Racer

Did anyone bother reading reviews before buying the game?

If not, and you bought it on a vague recollection of unsubstantiated promises, you cannot whine when it doesn't fulfill these vague promises that were probably never made.

The game released without private lobbies, photo mode, drag strips etc - no one hid this from you - if these things were essential to you enjoyment of the game you should have kept your money and waited for kunos to deliver or bought a different game.

@P73 and chooligan1994 like this.
  11. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

This is what you wrote:
    And they didnt promise a date when you were supposed to get news and if they did, give me a link to where they said it. Dont call other liars when you dont stick to the truth in your own post.

pippo10 and @P73 like this.
  12. I never said they promised a date... I said they said that the update would go into submission by the end of the month. The end of the month is in 2 days, and they have yet to say anything. Now, I know that's still not them lying, but I highly doubt anything went into submission thus far. I could be wrong and I accept that, but I'm just judging from the past. In the past when an update went into submission, we were told that it was submitted and in the hands of Sony/Microsoft and that it'd reach us soon.

13. Console Lounge

JungleBoy said
    it is possible to have a preview of the contents of the next update? private lobbies and then?

AC_CM505,Mar 21, 2017
    Hi - We hope to provide you guys with a full list of everything you can expect in our next update real soon!

14. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

Console players, me included have been complaining about the games lack of bits compared to the pc from day 1. It won't make a slight bit of difference, they do communicate with the forum though, not particularly very well again compared to the pc side, but that's more than you get of turn 10. I've waited 7 months, I've had my money's worth out of the game 3 months online until I couldn't stand it anymore due to crash idiots and complete lack of settings online. So another few weeks wait ain't going to bother me, if it's a big juicy update with loads of added features brilliant, if it's the usual half baked, things broke, things mended same old same old I'm just going to uninstall it and move on. There's other racing games to play that work online.

Plato99, @P73, hoss2852 and 1 other person like this.
  15. Jebus

Jebus Alien

Awww, bless your heart my son.

16. Exactly:rolleyes:

Jebus likes this.
  17. First of all, this game is available for pre-order before release. When going into Gamestop, on the back of the box for the pre-order, it said that drag strip and photo mode would be included in the game. I don't even care about that though, but I can see you're not the type to actually read because your response doesn't even address what I said at all.

And you're telling me it's my fault because I didn't read reviews? You think other random people's opinions of the games are more important than following what Kunos themselves is saying about their game? If you're going to argue with such flawed logic, get outta here man. You clearly have nothing to contribute to this conversation.

Why aren't people like you banned for such useless comments?

18. Premise: yes, I am a PC user. I swear I wont use my PCuserness to do bad things :)
    Not a nice attitude, but let's go ahead.

As far as I know, it's not Kunos being in charge for the console release of AC. They make Assetto Corsa for PC, then the remaining work is to be made by 505 (conversion, approval).
    I may be wrong though.

Again: I think you are blaming Kunos for something that is out of their responsibility. The PC version has schedules they regularly match. It happened to have delays "our side" too, but they had very understandable reasons.
    We've even got hotfixes released on saturday or sunday nights, just to tell.

Again: I would ask the right team for possible explanations.

They (505) can't release what they have when they want. Every single patch has to be approved by Sony (PS4) and by Microsoft (Xbox). You should take into account this added step to understand why release times can have variations.

I think that, if you keep basing your opinion on wrong assumptions, you won't probably have a chance to make a good opinion, but this is only my personal point of view, and maybe I am wrong.

I saw some cases of some Kunos members having an un-acceptable way of coping with customers, this can't be denied. But it happened I think 2 times. Apart from this, my opinion is that the guys are doing an incredible work and they keep doing it since quite some years now. I wouldn't resist 1 month under that kind of pressure, so I would understand even some more moment of rage.
    In the end: if you are looking for a perfect experience where everything goes the way you supposedly would like, I think this life isn't the best place where you can find it.
    Good luck :)

pippo10, @P73, eSEA One and 1 other person like this.
  19. ZX636

ZX636 Hardcore Simmer

Stefano has posted a couple of comments here and there recently and that's very appreciated. Wish everyone working on the console version, in one way or another, could do the same. Maybe not daily, if that's too much to ask, but a couple of times per week seems reasonable. Same goes for the bug section. More communication would certainly reduce the amount of frustration some users are experiencing.

20. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

505 is only a publisher and the ones that port the game over to console is working for Kunos afaik.