1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Lack of Communication and Honesty (Again)

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by alternatingcurrent, Mar 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

If kunos do the console version and the pc version then why are the 2 sides of forum updated, especially the bug side of things so differently. Pc side gets updated pretty instantly with the colour coded system on left hand side and console version gets updated every, well hardly ever. ?

2. this also has been answered many times.
    PC forum support is done by KS staff while Console forum support is done by 505 staff.

pippo10 and Fat-Alfie like this.
  3. danowat

danowat Hardcore Simmer

I would imagine the stock answer would be, because of the lengthy console certification process.

It's a rubbish excuse, especially when you look at a product like Horizon Zero Dawn, which has had 6 patches in less than a month since release (not that it needed them).

Edit : I misread, I thought you were talking about the development lag, rather than the forum updates.

svenvangent likes this.
  4. AC_CM505

AC_CM505 Staff Member

Hi,

Firstly, we know you guys hate hearing the word 'Soon' but until we have an EXACT launch date for an update, we can't say much more! With regards to the next console update, we're hoping for an April launch. Again, when we have an exact date, we will communicate that. We totally understand your frustration and be rest assured, we wish we could just make these things happen at the press of a button. :(

When it comes to discussions, we won't close threads unless people start becoming argumentative or abusive towards other members of the community or the team. We are totally open to constructive criticism though and whilst we cannot reply to each and every one of you, we are here and we are reading what you guys have to say.

5. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

And the setup tunes screen on Xbox that hasn't worked properly from day 1.

ZX636 likes this.
  6. ZX636

ZX636 Hardcore Simmer

I guess the 1.14 update hasn't been submitted yet, right?

7. Right, go ahaed, smash PC2 and give us the most brilliant sim you've never made.

i keep saying in all my friends group on xbx that AC is amazing, but currently, many things plays against my volounteer.

8. See now, here's where the confusion is...

Okay, this was my understanding before, but it's good to have it confirmed and clarified. Thank you for that. But then.....

See this is what is confusing. If 505 is a company that only publishes the game, what kind of support would they be able to provide? You said that the development is done by Kunos, so even if we reported to 505, wouldn't it just go to you anyway? What's the point of the extra channel?

Thank you for your feedback. I understand it may not be easy and you may not have set dates. But from the sticky thread, it was stated that the update would go into submission by the end of the month. Now, even if you weren't able to make that deadline, it would be nice to hear something about it. For example, a follow up on whether or not it has made submission yet. Even if it hasn't, it's just nice to be updated about it, so we know what's going.

As for arguments, there are users coming in simply for that, and because of them, the thread is ruined. As you can see, the very next post from mine is just some derogatory, useless statement, which is what causes arguments. I don't want to argue, but when these people come and start things like that, it ruins the thread, and eventually gets closed. Because of those few individuals, the rest of us have to suffer and not get the answers we were looking for.

Donald_Trump2016 and ohjeah like this.
  9. Tberg

Tberg Alien

I feel compelled to reply on that.

Please look at the way you open a thread, beginning with the title. It doesn´t matter how pissed you are or not, you MUST communicate without insults, defamation etc., if you want any hope of positive answers.

pippo10 likes this.
  10. I don't see where the confusion is. Support staff are support staff, devs are devs, that's how it works in pretty much every software studio out there.
    Having devs interacting with the users is pretty rare, it's usually left to the individual dev's attitude to do it or not do it.. most professional devs won't touch user-base with a 100 foot pole and they live a fantastic and happy life.. me I do it, and I end up being considered a dickhead for it, I can't blame those who don't :D, they are doing the right thing.

11. AC_CM505

AC_CM505 Staff Member

Hi - The last thing we want to see here is arguments brewing up and we will keep an eye on discussions that escalate out of control. We try and be as open as we can with you guys, but please understand there's only so much info we can communicate at any given time.

Thanks for the feedback! We appreciate it.

Interallsorts likes this.
  12. ZX636

ZX636 Hardcore Simmer

It's all good man, as long as the devs check the reports we submit and take care of the glitches from now on.
    I'm sure the Exige V6 Cup will be fine because Mr. Piva saw the thread. Same for the Praga because George reported the tyres' issue. Don't know about the 2-Eleven/Elise/Exige S/488GTB/Nismo R35 etc. etc. Hope to see them fixed one day.

13. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

Thanks for answering, if this is the case then, why don't 505 staff update the bug thread as often as the kunos staff do for the pc bug
    thread.
    I've said it before I think the way the pc side is updated, informed and communicated with is brilliant a credit to the gaming industry.
    Thanks

For example things reported in pc side , go reported then no issue or fixed, pc users know that the next update these things are fixed.
    If this system was the same on console side, half the threads and complaints and the guessing to what's going to be fixed in next update wouldn't be happening.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2017
    Reinart86 and @P73 like this.
  14. It seems this clears things, you were right I was wrong.

---

And to @AC_CM505 and @Lord Kunos sorry for the wrong info given. Did it in good faith, but anyways it wasn't correct.

stefanoCasillo and kofotsjanne like this.
  15. again, if you look at the PC side of things you'll have nothing but disappointment. Most of the PC core team members have known each other for 15+ years, we literally spend the entire day (virtually) together from the moment we wake up to the moment we go to sleep. There is simply a more direct line of communication between us, but again, this is an EXCEPTION that cannot be taken as an example, these kinds of chemistry are not created easily, they just happen... If that's your benchmark, prepared to be very disappointed by pretty much any support staff ever. I don't spend any time on other racing game forums but I am prepared to bet you get MUCH less interaction there than here on the AC Console forum, so I'd say, stop the whining, go play the game, or don't play it and play something else. When an update comes up, check it out, if you like it fine, if you don't like it, it's fine anyway.. it's just a game, it's supposed to be something we do for fun isn't it?

16. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

You are correct, it is just a game. But since I do seem to have your attention, would it be cheeky to ask what is in the next big update. Lol

17. In retrospect, I could have phrased myself better and been less aggressive and my frustration got the best of me, but I didn't have any intention of being antagonizing or derogatory, so please forgive me if it comes off that way. (And after reading it back, I can see how it can)

I see, thank you for that clarification. I wasn't aware that was the norm. It's strange that companies would want to distance themselves from their own consumers in that way, I suppose it's strictly corporate. I'm not saying that's the case here, if anything, it sort of makes me respect you guys a little more for taking the time to talk us. I appreciate this feedback. And sorry if I came off like an *****le. (which I think I did)

Fat-Alfie likes this.
  18. This is the golden question... I hesitated to ask this since I thought it was too much to ask, but if this gets answered, that'd be awesome.

DatNoiseV12 likes this.
  19. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Just look at companies that have people taking care of media. I guess its the same thing with gaming wheres there usually a community manager that know what to say and not to say. I dont think that game developers get to learn this while they get their education because that is not their job. :) @Lord Kunos is a great example of this :D

20. DatNoiseV12

DatNoiseV12 Simracer

right now, and this is just my guess, people would simply like to know what's inside this update. even if its not been sent and you dont have a release date to share with us. is that possible ?