1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Are you worried about GT Sport and Project CARS 2?

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Viperconcept_, Mar 21, 2017.

1. cysxdnfy

cysxdnfy Rookie

Does it still have progression? Like money to buy and upgrade new cars. If not I'm probably going to hold back on buying it

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

2. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

That exactly what it doesn't have. The typical GT career mode has been replaced by a series of challenges (like the driving school), about 100 of them. Probably to train people to get in the Sport mode, the main mode of the series from now.

cysxdnfy likes this.
  3. cysxdnfy

cysxdnfy Rookie

Well then looks like I'm waiting for reviews I was going to pre order such a shame.

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

SlimCharles likes this.
  4. Keith Quinn

Keith Quinn Racer

OK so I finally got my access to the beta version of GT SPORT and OMG by far the best looking racing title on console right now and I've played them all! Sound is greatly improved the tracks brands hatch looks amazing what you see in the trailer is actuall gameplay stunning! Replays look like you're watching a real race! The AI is good I raced in pro the hardest difficulty and they are not too hard but fight for position! The car handles good although AC has them on physics but pick up and use GT SPORT takes the cake here! I played first with the DS4 and outstanding then with my cheap T80 and it works amazing no settting to mess with just plug and play here! This isn't a GT6 reboot my opinion is this may be the best GT they have made to date definitely a buy!

You can change TC , BRAKE BALANCE , TORQUE SPLIT ON THE FLY !!!! gauges are sexy hud is great all in all so far so good loving it !!

Oh and frame rate is solid 60 from what I can see even when bunched up maybe a tad of stutter but it's the beta so they can fix it I'm playing on a 4k HDR Samsung and the HDR looks outstanding

5. rich1e I

rich1e I Simracer

A lot of people praising AC physics for being "superb" and wondering if Project CARS' physics will be on the same level. Sorry, but what level? I absolutely feel disconnected to the track when driving on AC. Also the instant loss of grip sometimes is not very realistic. Once you lose the back end there's no way you can catch it. It feels a bit like an animation. Collision model is also very strange, imo some kind of pinball physics. When you go off track and you're on the grass it always feels like it's wet. A minimum of accelerating keeps you spinning and spinning. Absolutely annoying. So when it comes to realism AC physics are in no way top notch imo, and the fact that you can drift everything is a bit suspect. I'm not saying AC is not fun. I had some really enjoyable and fun races.

6. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

[​IMG]

7. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

GTS just looks utterly boring to me though, graphics look great, souns are still shyte improved or not and i know the sounds would prevent me from playing the game much (GT6 seriously offended my ears ). I also think the HUD is terrible, far too intrusive and in your face. For me personally GT needs to have a great career mode, great sounds and greatly improved AI for me to ever purchase another title from PDI. If its online only as GTS is then pick up and play physics are not for me in a racing game. There's also the fact i no longer have any faith in PDI and fully expecte GTS to be missing some of its selling points on release or have graphical issues not witnessed in the Beta.

When you lose the back end there's no way "YOU" can catch it maybe but i certainly can as can my noob friends who have just bought AC. I'm struggling to believe that the problems you're experiencing are down to the physics and not the player. Which racer in your opinion has top notch physics btw?

Robdisco, LeDude83 and cysxdnfy like this.
  8. rich1e I

rich1e I Simracer

The game in question is not another racer. I've played AC a little bit and I did manage to catch minor slides indeed, but you seem to not know what I'm talking about, so if you think the problems I've experienced so far are down to my poor driving, I'm fine with it.

9. Luke7

Luke7 Simracer

How come the steering wheel animation is still locked at 90 degrees? Is there a way to change that? Failing that, is there a way to remove the hands and steering wheel in cockpit view? And is there away to remove that annoying floaty camera in cockpit view?

If not, then I really don't see myself enjoying GT sport, unfortunately, despite the amazing visuals. A shame really, since these features are relatively easy to implement.

10. Keith Quinn

Keith Quinn Racer

Listen I'm not saying GTS is the AC killer but many people say they lost faith in PDI yet praise a game which released no where near what is was supposed to be! People say the hud in GTS is intrusive yet look at the hud in AC you might as well not have one at all! So many features are missing and yet were promised on AC it's hard to keep hoping they will get it to the point where it should be on console. Regarding campaign or career mode in GTS the beta doesn't give us access to that but seriously any career mode is better than the one in AC !

Don't get me wrong I like AC a lot but it was always missing something to me there is just not satisfaction to progress unless you're online even then it's suspect depending on who is in at the time . I too was pissed waiting for GTS but understand they are a huge company and caught a ton of flak for good reason when GT6 came out but it was in far better shape than PJC and AC when it released so...

11. Luke7

Luke7 Simracer

Ok, but can you guys (beta testers) suggest to PD to do something about the floaty cockpit cam and to give us the option to remove the steering wheel and hands. It won't take long for them to do and it will make the game playable for people with cockpit setups.

LeDude83 likes this.
  12. IMO, Those of us that are very dedicated to the game will probably still use AC among other sims. But, make no mistake. Often more than half of the people online in AC (PS4) are certainly not dedicated. Many are just messing around with a controller, and will break up a race like clockwork almost every single time, whether on purpose or not.

I don't think Assetto Corsa will see much boost in online activity with Private lobbies until leagues flock in. In my opinion, they timed their release very poorly if an epic takeover of the sim community was their intention. Nobody without a wheel, patience, and the desire to perfect their craft is hyped about this game anymore, and even many of those people are gone now too.

I was running in a PCARS DTM league right around the time that A.C. came to consoles, and the opinions of all of my league buddies, (and other buddies), was pretty darn universal... "Oh this is really fun! Let's meet up online and race... Wait, we can't?? We can't set up races or run league events AT ALL??" Then they returned or sold the game and many are actually holding out for PCARS 2. I'm not complaining, It is what it is.

While we have a very dedicated and patient group of hardcore simmers here on the forums, we must remember that we are but a small percentage of total users and hardly represent the majority. This is a scope and target marketing problem imo. AC was a hardcore sim, and they wanted to make it approachable. Soon the hardcore simmers will be the only ones left, wishing it was the PC version.

Here's the big kicker though, I think I'm actually looking forward to that happening. Think about it, what I'm predicting is a smaller community of more serious drivers (their original target market?) sticking with the game. Great for the community, but maybe not for Kunos Sales.. So their business and our community interests kind of clash there.

Again, I'd rather stick around with the super dedicated and respectful simmers and work with a good company like Kunos, even if that means less players overall. Food for thought...

Cheers guys, I'm here till the end.

Ethan

//Project Grassroots

Last edited: Mar 31, 2017
    jamie mullaney and svenvangent like this.
  13. right, so if we sums up, marketing plan about AC on console were crap, they are loosing lots of customers (because we'are customers and not only gamers) and then lots of other franchise from all side (PS4/XBX) are take a solid lead.

hum, the only one we have to wait is FM7, to see if T10 is still lazy or not...

14. Jezza819

Jezza819 Hardcore Simmer

I would almost guarantee they are sill going to be lazy.

Straight6lover likes this.
  15. I bet on the same side...to me they are at the same point as GT was about the 5th opus, sure of them, and nothing new...hope we're gonna be wrong!

Jezza819 likes this.
  16. No no, don't get me wrong mate. Of course there was some hyperbole for dramatic effect. It's not as bad as it sounds, really. Beating T10's sales aren't a priority for a company like this, its just not going to happen. This was probably in the plan from the start.

That said, of course other franchises will beat Kunos sales by a huge margin. Isn't that the point of this game, A sim for only us hardcore simmers? The only way for Kunos to beat the big companies' sales numbers would be to "sell out" and start listening to what NFS players want.

They're a small company and can satisfy their niche market (us) to stay profitable without attacking Turn 10.

All this is okay though, Kunos doing this would ruin it! We would likely see a dramatic shift in priorities throughout. I'll bet the average vote (including all console racing gamers) will go towards Car customization, a reset button, nitrous that goes 400mph, a MOON ROVER mission! Lol

I'm sure you don't want that stuff in your sim...neither do I. And if sales and chasing the largest possible target market are your biggest goals, the niche will be neglected. I'm not saying anything negative on Kunos here. They have done a great job sticking to their niche and not "selling out".

Cheers.

cysxdnfy likes this.
  17. So sad looking around the landscape of the console racing community these days. I started racing online competitively way back on the original Xbox on PGR2. Arcade physics, but outstanding features and playability that kept legions coming back day after day. Before they finally shut off servers for first Xbox a few years back you could still get on PGR and find dozens of lobbies going. Then moved on to the equally epic Forza 2. IMO the feature set for FM2 should be the gold standard for every racing game regardless of sim or arcade. You had fully customizable lobbies, career mode with leaderboards for each event. Made career mode fun and gave huge replay-ability. Then there were the hot lap boards and the class and overall rankings. Then a separate exhibition mode that combined the fast leaderboard hot lap cars with the multiple lap leaderboards of career. You even had a full local leaderboard that kept track of your PB's on each track. There was never a shortage of things to do in that game. Which led to a massive and rabid community with sub communities based around the varying aspects of the game. Major auto manufacturers ran competitions giving away cars and various prizes (thanks Hyundai). Multiple professional gaming leagues were running Forza pro leagues. It was a exciting community and game to be a part of.

Forza has sadly chased the casual graphics lovers more than anything else since then. I have small ray of hope that with the advent of eSports that Goofawalt and T10 will move their game back closer to it's roots. But not holding breath.

I would say Kunos had better be worried about Forza, GT and PC. Even Simbin has announced a new console release. Let's just hope it's better than their first attempt. AC on the Xbox was dead on arrival. My friends list contains some of the best and most dedicated console racers on the planet. I'm one of three who purchased AC at launch. Have played it very little since. Mainly due to the fact there is nothing to do in the game besides hotlap by and against yourself.

Unless Kunos really hits a home run with lobbies AND the addition of many other features considered standard they might as well just abandon it now. At least for Xbox. Maybe learn some lessons and try again. A good place to start would be by loading up FM2 and taking note of the feature rich racing experience it offered. Take AC's physics and drop them into a game where the features are designed to inspire competition and it would be a monster. Console sim racers don't want or need a bare bones port of PC games where developers rely on modding community to fix what is missing. Or continuous updates of physics that constantly change the performance. What the console community needs is a functional, stable and feature rich racing game with good sim physics.

Maybe one day one of these developers will finally figure that out. Again, not holding breath......

18. Awww, abandon? Thats a bit harsh now, isn't it? There will be lessons learned I'm sure but it's still one of the best sims I've ever tried. For $39.99? (and startup costs) I've got a training tool that helps me stay sharp, build endurance, and practice race strategy. How can you beat that?

19. I'm not saying it's all bad and certainly it does those things well. But it needs to be more than that if they want to succeed on consoles. Like I said, with no custom lobbies or leaderboards it was pretty well DOA on Xbox on day one anyways. At least from the online standpoint.

Hopefully the lobbies are great and it takes off. If they're bad or don't work well...........

20. rich1e I

rich1e I Simracer

Normally AC and its community don't have to be worried about GT Sport or FM7 because they're a different type of racers, more simcade, but as GeorgiaDawg said there's not much to do on AC. Online lobbies management is absolutely poor imo and I can't see many people racing online atm. I can't even see any server lately lol. I'm not the guy to offend people or talk unfair ****. I understand the fact that AC has a small team and limited funds etc, but what they're offering on the console side is really not that exciting and not enough. AC is just missing too much basic things.

GeorgiaDawg, one of your teammates made a nice video about how Forza's changed over the past 8 years. Absolutely awesome in depth documentary showing what direction the franchise has taken. It's obvious, more casuals means more money. That's what's all about...

Last edited: Apr 1, 2017
    Ethan Nichols and cysxdnfy like this.