1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic PC guys-What do I need for AC @60fps & 1080p

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Traks1, May 4, 2017.

1. Traks1

Traks1 Racer

Since my circa 2007 PC appears to be on it's way to wherever clapped out peecees go when they die I am considering the purchase of a new PC capable of comfortably running AC on my currently owned 1080p (a little more actually) monitor at 60fps rock solid without any poor compromises in quality settings. I have found it difficult to find reliable info online about what is really necessary for that specific job. I have no wish to go beyond the capabilities of my current monitor atm because cash lack of.
    I know that a 1080ti would be complete overkill for example and that's about it.

So, any recommends for CPU (Intel preferably-but no good reason for that), details of RAM needed and of course a suitable GPU would me much appreciated.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Multiplayer [ALG] Server startup (need staff/interested persons) Apr 27, 2024
    ACC Physics Does ACC not implement real life braking mechanics?(Need some insights on this recent youtube video) Mar 16, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer We REALLY need a player report feature Dec 27, 2023
    Chit Chat Room Need help with UI control binding Dec 19, 2023
    Chit Chat Room Need help setting up Fanatic V3 pedals Dec 6, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting [Need help] Monitors "turn off" during races. Nov 1, 2023
    Chit Chat Room need help plz Aug 4, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC needs a new installation every day Jun 2, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Who do I need to bribe to get PSVR2 support on ACC for PS5 (pretty please?) May 13, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Need help with this error message Apr 24, 2023
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Need to reset stats. Apr 9, 2023
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres Tyres physics, need some explanations on FZ's, Dx_REF,LS_EXP's and MULT Jan 19, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Urgend help needed --> Fatal UE4-AC2 Error - Game won't start Nov 23, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Need help? Can't post. Oct 11, 2022
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Server Dossing so on, needs to be sorted. Jul 9, 2022

3. martcerv

martcerv Alien

With a gtx 1080, i7 6700k and 16GB 3200 DDR4 I can run 7680x1440 solid above 60fps only turning reflections down 1 notch so for 1080 running up to 32 cars, a good cpu and even 1060 should be able to do ok I would guess.

Schnipp likes this.
  4. PRO Stream BG

PRO Stream BG Simracer

i7 7700k = 349 euro
    16gb DDR4 corsair vegeance at 3000mhz = 130 euro
    Asus Rog Strix z270h = 169 euro
    Corsair 650w 80 plus = 59 euro
    Asus Rog Strix GTX 1070 8GB = 449 euro
    Samsung SSD 850 Evo 240 GB = 85 euro

And you gone a have a perfect 60fps at maximum settings for AC at 1080p

5. martcerv

martcerv Alien

If the guys only intends to play 1080 @ 60fps I think he could go a fair bit lower spec then that.

Tomcul, AndyB16 and Reinart86 like this.
  6. PRO Stream BG

PRO Stream BG Simracer

The lower specs can save around 200-300 euro if change some components but, with that rig can use in future mamy other games also with VR is at sweet point... I just recomend him a sweet point for price and performance for now and a near future...but you are right with some less power can reach 1080p too , but if he need a new pc i recomend a specs similar than that

7. Traks1

Traks1 Racer

Ouch!:eek:. A £250 gtx1060 was what I was beginning to think was the minimum I would need too GPU wise. Honestly, I was hoping for a lot less expensive just to get 60fps at 1080p (u know, what a ps4 pro can do for £350 all in?). The i7 range cpu's seem to start at £300ish!. I was looking at and hoping an i5 7600K (still £200ish though :( ) would be enough. I'm not a skinflint but that's £550 squids before I even get to the mobo, RAM, PSU, storage devices, case etc which a week or two's research tells me aren't going to be chip money either!.

Bit disappointed to tell truth. My research seems to imply, what you are now confirming, that it would likely cost me quite a bit in excess of £1000 just to get a PC capable of playing AC as the £350 ps4 Pro currently already does (i.e 60fps @ 1080p) and my already paid for normal ps4 just about nearly almost but not quite does. What point am I missing here that makes the PC route worth all that extra?. If you are wanting the top end of 4k 100+fps or VR gaming I get it, console can't cut it. Not trolling, just curious. If my research and your assessment are correct it makes it hard for me to justify to myself, never mind her indoors who must be obeyed, seriously speccing up a much needed new PC just to be able to play AC (and probably only AC), that I otherwise need solely for browsing the interwebs and typing waffle on various forums with.

Maybe someone will come along in a minute and say they are getting what I am looking for with much cheaper components. Let's see.

JohnSchoonsBeard likes this.
  8. liakjim

liakjim Alien

7700 is not needed.
    7600K is more than enough.
    Same goes for the gpu.
    A 1060 or 580 are just fine.

If you wish to go for maximum settings and also down sample, go for the 1070.

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Schnipp and mms like this.
  9. mms

mms Alien

Check my signature, I'm running AC in VR, it's more than enough for what you want....

10. aphidgod

aphidgod Alien

My GTX660 owned AC at 1080p, you don't need much firepower to run it at that resolution. Basically if you update your 2007-spec PC to a 2012-spec PC you'll be fine - if that's your benchmark. (I'd aim a bit higher, personally.)

Ace Pumpkin and Tomcul like this.
  11. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Not exactly owned. I had this gpu before upgrade to 470 and I had to keep reflections at static, shadows at high and natural filter in order to keep 60fps .

470 can keep 60fps at 1440p , reflections low , shadows maximum and dof to none . It will deep occasionally to lower fps if sun is low and many opponents.

AC can be really taxing with reflections and downsample so it depends what user needs and how many can spent.
    At the same time can be really easy on gpu removing some things like reflections.

12. aphidgod

aphidgod Alien

Granted mine was overclocked, as is/was my 3770k, but with shadows/reflections on high (not much of a compromise) and everything else maxed I was getting 110+ on Kunos tracks. (And I was actually running 1920x1200, come to think of it.) Not that a 660 is even in the realm of possibility here, just making a point. It doesn't take a lot of power to run this game @ 1080p. A decent (current) i5 and a 1060 should do it without breaking a sweat.

13. mrsmr2

mrsmr2 Racer

I was running 60 fps easily on my 7850. I usually ran a capped 120 (bumper view only to keep the frame rate up) with 15 or fewer cars.

The main difference I see with my 970 is the ability to run more cars. I still use the same settings as when using the 7850.

I don't use any PP effects. Edit: and most settings set to low as my priorities are to maintain 120 fps. I've never been convinced by the higher reflection settings - might need to go and have a play and see if they mske much difference in the current build.

AC is very scaleable.

14. liakjim

liakjim Alien

With pp on? Hard to believe.

15. paulieGTR

paulieGTR Alien

Seriously....

You can never have too much gpu power in a system. period.!! :)
    Plenty of overhead can never hurt, when it comes to the GPU.

This will always give you the best chance of having to only upgrade one component at a time in the future.
    CPU > GPU > CPU etc. vs CPu+GPU > CPU+GPU and so on - much like a tic/toc in tech.

When it comes to upgrading... you should always, always buy the highest spec of any one component that you can afford at that time.
    This makes your PC so much more modular, as opposed to bulding from or near scratch every time.

My m1000 is like 5/6-7yrs old - case is 7yrs old.
    mobo ~3yrs old, same as 4770k and the ram.
    In the current build i went from 670 > 780ti > To titanX(~2.5yrs old) and before that,
    on another build it was an 8800gts 640mb and before that 7800gt and so on, all the way back to voodoo...

I will not upgrade this system again until volta appears.
    It will again be the highest spec'd components that i can afford at that moment in time,
    but i'll always be looking to the future.

That is the best advice i can give.
    It's served myself and many simmers, who've chosen to stick to this rule over the years, very well indeed.

Last edited: May 4, 2017
    Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  16. aphidgod

aphidgod Alien

I have nothing to gain by lying... I used the Natural mod PPF, but that was only worth ~5-7fps for me. It was a good card, factory OC'd and then further OC'd by me when it started to show its age. In a good system with a strong processor, also OC'd after a few years of service. It was a solid performer.

Not meaning to drag this any farther off course, OP, I apologize if I'm doing so. I suppose it's kinda on topic, but you're not going to buy a 660 + 3700K so not altogether relevant. :)

Traks1 likes this.
  17. liakjim

liakjim Alien

I am saying that because I owed the 660gtx until recently .

18. PRO Stream BG

PRO Stream BG Simracer

I repeat for smooth and all settings to maximum , without do a compromise you shoud strike to around my suggestions, its true you can run it at 60fps with a 200-300 euro less than mine suggestion but you must make a exceptions is some settings and touching some of them makes it look "bad" , better spend a bit more money and push it at maximum, you gone a be much more satisfy when you can run it without any problem and without doing exceptions in the settings

19. Torcano

Torcano Alien

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/Bfj6Ps

This will do you great at 1080p for years for 1100 of your english monies. You could swap out the 1070 for a 1060 if you are really strapped for cash and turn it into a sub 1k build and it'd still do great. You could theoretically go cheaper on some parts like the PC cabinet and get a smaller SSD but meh, IMO not worth the 30-40 bucks you'd save.

PRO Stream BG likes this.
  20. PRO Stream BG

PRO Stream BG Simracer

This setup is similar to mine , by price and shoud work too (and i repeat to reach 1080p 60fps is easy with less power but you sacrifice some settimgs, and to make sure your not this setups are the sweet spot... And are around 1100- 1300 euro PC builds here in Spain

21. PRO Stream BG

PRO Stream BG Simracer

You cannot compire the price and specs of ps4 pro with PC...because dont forget the console is a "closed" system who can make a much better results with much less power than equivalent to PC prize.. The optimization for consoles aways is better because the devs work to make it run on one hardware and not like in PC for milions of combinations.. For this to do the same what ps4 pro with the boost mode in AC you need at least 1100 euro (+/- 200) PC build! Dont compare it , if you have any friend with good pc build go and check how runs to him, if you have any place where you can test pc hardware and AC go and do it.. And you gone a surprise what PS4 PRO is doing for 399 euro :) Never compare console to PC is the huge error who people do ... To get better result you must spend money like in my exemple and suggestion otherwise dont expect the smooth gameplay of the Pro...

JohnSchoonsBeard likes this.