1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

VR Support - Yes or No?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Derek Speare, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Technically EA is not a "launch", look at Wreckfest. ;)

grandepunto, ShredatorFIN and mms like this.
  2. Haiden773

Haiden773 Hardcore Simmer

Whatever... If you want to know how to deal with miscommunications, see Lord Kunos' post....

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/vr-support-yes-or-no.50080/page-2#post-975973

Ask. It's really that simple. :rolleyes:

3. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Honesty here from the dev’s is one of the large drivers of the community, some people really just can’t handle the truth! Lol.

With early access things aren’t expected to be perfect and fully optimised, it’s a work in progress. I have personally never even ran a lap of AC on a flat screen, so 1122 hours all in VR, would not be possible to go to a screen I wouldn’t think at this stage.

No question weather ACC will have VR or not, just how soon it becomes available to the users. As with all work in progress projects you just don’t know when it will be done until it’s done, my hope is it’s sooner rather then later

Micii1 likes this.
  4. membran

membran Rookie

Well, here's hoping that it'll work out and see VR support down the road.

The press release as well as the Steam Store page mentioned "VR Readiness" (the Steam Store page even had HTC-Vive/Oculus tags IIRC), which is why I wishlisted the game in the first place. While I understand that features' priority might shift in the early game development stages quite a bit, it's hopefully equally understandable that a quiet removal of all mentions of such a previously announced feature generates a bit of concern on the user's side of things.

I'll buy into the Early Access when I see news of added VR support, for what it's worth. I couldn't play the game otherwise anyway, seeing how my racing seat is facing the empty wall these days, with VR googles hanging about nearby.

Stains and Micii1 like this.
  5. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Simracer

VR is an additional feature right?
    Are you more interested in running the game with the oculus rift or are you more interested on game functionality such as tyre model, FFB, Safety Car, race rules ,weatherm, solid multiplayer?
    Let the guys work on creating something solid and then extra feature will come ( if that is possible)
    Did you buy VR and cannot play on one screen anymore ? Bad for you spoiled kids

6. Echo_

Echo_ Gamer

All of that is important yes but should all be done with VR in mind from the beggining, VR is the future no doubt about it, I'm very sure it will come at some point, us VR users will have to wait until its supported before getting our wallets out, simle as that, no need to get all salty. :)

denis dracup, Andrew_WOT and Micii1 like this.
  7. hristo1026

hristo1026 Racer

[​IMG]

Ciccina2016, surtic86, Jekay and 4 others like this.
  8. Haiden773

By that logic, lots of things included in the base are features--Rain, time transition, MP ranking, etc. But we've come to expect those things. Expectations evolve with the technology. All you have to do is look at the history of sim racing and games in general to see that.

And, yes. I did buy VR and now can't play on one screen anymore. And if you'd spent an extended amount of time racing in VR, you'd understand why. It's not for everyone, but you can't beat the level of immersion and realism it offers.

Jekay, mms, Micii1 and 3 others like this.
  9. boabmatic

boabmatic Hardcore Simmer

I'm with you on that Haiden773 , I tried to play on a single screen after a month of VR use and it really is impossible to back , I found myself trying to turn my head to look out the side windows and constantly going off track as i couldnt judge braking/apex on a monitor any more.

Haiden773, hristo1026 and Micii1 like this.
  10. Serge M

Serge M Alien

You have clearly not ran AC in VR for any length of time. For those that have all the tyre model, FFB, Safety Car, race rules ,weatherm, and solid multiplayer is not going to help, it’s like having access to your favourite supercar but no access to any fuel...

Once you are use to racing from inside the car rather then controlling the action through a window the single screen feels VERY unnatural, because it actually is

PS, I don’t believe this will be a proble, full faith there will be some form of VR enabled in EA or soon after even if it’s just alpha/beta support

morpwr69 likes this.
  11. Blamer

Blamer Hardcore Simmer

I don't even have a monitor near my rig anymore...

12. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

I'll buy ACC with or without initial VR-support but, even if the rumors of VR's progress having stalled turn out to be true, it's still very much alive within the Racing and Flight genres. There may be an apparent lack of progress on the VR-tech front right now but, I suspect further VR-adoption by the PC-crowd rests on a plateau that is currently being sustained by the high cost of hardware upgrades (especially GPU's) and the lack of improved visual quality & performance gains for use in VR.

In VR circles, it's well-established that titles designed from the ground up to include VR-support will have better overall performance and VR-specific features than those that are ported to VR. VR progress may seem to be at a stand-still right now but, I don't think it's going away anytime soon and more Sim-racer's are likely to take what the tech has to offer at some point, especially if things drag on for longer than anticipated. Better HMD's are bound to come at some point bringing with it, a new wave of VR adoption and increased demand. Any smart developer building a Sim-platform for the future should be including VR within the foundation. It's hard for me to imagine that Kunos would not do so.

13. I´ll never forget when I take place first time with the rift. I was sitting in the 488 GT3 at the pitroad and other cars from behind passed by. The true size of the cars in 3D compared to the flat tiny pixels at the monitor and the sense of speed when they passed by blows my mind. Naturally looking around in the cockpit with all that stuff in it - love the detailed screw caps - it is THE key feature for me in racing sims, I would compare it to the switch from racing with an ancient Joystick (if not said keyboard) compared to a FF wheel.

And I am 50 years old, racing at PC since 1992. So I got a bit of experience ;)

Jack_NL, Mascot, dajdosta and 9 others like this.
  14. Haiden773

The first few laps in VR were just amazing. When the session first loaded, I was a little worried the graphics were going to be an issue. Then I started driving, and that concern quickly faded. I was seeing my favorite track like I had never seen it before. And the ability to hit an apex, or wrap it around a wall with centimeters to spare is just unparalleled. :)

15. mms

mms Alien

Yes I bought VR and cannot play on one screen anymore. I might be a kid at 40+, was never a spoiled one though, I got nothing really for free in life, I had to work hard for everything, even my firs computer with 64k of memory I had to work for a whole summer break. But as I mentioned earlier, I can fully understand that VR is not the priority, despite the growing number of VR users, we're still a small fraction of the marketplace, it just does not make sense to focus on things that only a small number of players can enjoy.

BTW, your PC is more than capable of playing games in VR, and nowadays it does not cost THAT much to make the jump. Be warned however, once you're in it, there's no way back...

morpwr69 and hristo1026 like this.
  16. Typer

Typer Simracer

^ This. And once that door is opened, there’s no way back. I’ll be waiting for ACC to have VR support before diving in.

I would imagine it’s the case, but have Kunos ever let on that they have display-tech stats in AC? Does Steam provide developers with that sort of analytics?

I’d be very interested to hear what percentage of players are using VR and how many hours they play compared to non-VR users.

morpwr69 and Haiden773 like this.
  17. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

You'd probably find a higher percentage of VR-users within iRacing; so many of those guys have cool toys! :eek::D:)

18. mms

mms Alien

I don't think you can get those kinds of stats by game, but overall there are less than 1% of players using a VR headset:
    Steam_VR.PNG

It's probably somewhat higher in racing games, but IMO still pretty low. And while VR users might spend more time in AC than players with monitors, that doesn't really matter...

19. Echo_29

Echo_29 Hardcore Simmer

First experience of racing in VR was in Assetto Corsa, just randomly joined a online track day at Spa, took the Ferrari 458 Italia and completely blew my mind, I didn't have to even adapt, if anything It was such a natural thing for me, braking and hitting all the apexs, power steering out the corners. I can never go back to 2D.

20. There is actually quite a lot of doubt about it. Any news of a CV2 at CES or E3?
    --------------------
    What's next, a 'MP on day one of EA? (or I no buy)' thread?

Andrew_WOT and bgil66 like this.