1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Price Please!?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by go.neil, Aug 4, 2018.

1. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

How 54,99€ is "almost 40€"?

[​IMG]

https://store.steampowered.com/app/737800/F1_2018/

And why people have such weird opinions about "fair pricing". Here some examples

- Project Cars 2 standard edition still 59,99€ in Steam. With Season Pass 89,99€
    - The Crew 2 standard edition 59,99€ and Season Pass on top of that 39,99€. Gold Edition 89,99€ (spoiler: its crap)
    - ONRUSH in Microsoft Store 69,99€ normal edition. Deluxe Edition 84,99€
    - Every NFS turd ever released, always full 60€ on launch

ACC with great graphics, top physics... suddenly not worth. People whine about Wreckfest pricing too, it's funny to me. Only the best destruction racing game ever made, developed for 5 years... not worth 45€ to them. People like this deserve to have their hard disk melted

Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
    Quffy, Freddie Seng, magzire and 4 others like this.
  2. chakko

chakko Alien

Oh, i didn't know that the price for the Early Access had been asked. I was thinking of the final price. 39 € definitely seems a bit steep for the Early Access.

And LOL @ comparing it to the price point of a AAA game. 1. ACC isn't a AAA game. 2. ACC isn't AC, in the sense that it is a game limited to ONE race series.

Anyway, this is all speculation. We will see. I'd be very surprised when the game was 50 - 60 € though. That neither sounds like Kunos, nor do i see it justified for such a game.

I think what most people don't understand anyway, though, is, that a price doesn't reflect what a product costs. It reflects what you can take, on a market, competing with other products, to make sure you sell enough copies, and survive as a company. Kunos could also take 150 € for ACC. Or 5 €, if it was an iPad app. If they sell 10 times as many copies as for a PC game, it'd be the same. ;)

Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
  3. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

Tightfisted people can always wait until the next Steam sale. You just need to be patient.

Pulley likes this.
  4. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

upload_2018-8-6_17-31-15.png

You should know better :D

pankykapus likes this.
  5. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

I'm optimistic by nature, can't help myself.

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A5010 mediante Tapatalk

magzire and Minolin like this.
  6. chakko

chakko Alien

True thing. That's the glorious about the times we live in, right? Everyone can choose whether they want to buy it on day 1, because they can't wait, or wait 2 years until it's on sale.

7. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

I don't think you will need to wait two years, but that would be a good sign. It would mean the game is a great success.

mms and chakko like this.
  8. Why?

9. chakko

chakko Alien

From Wikipedia:

None of that applies to ACC, or Kunos, in general. PCars might be seen as AAA game. Usually, rather games with budgets of 100 million $ plus, and 50 million sales are categorized AAA games. PCars, as one of the best selling simcade games had 1 or 2 million sales, i believe.

Anyway, ACC features one car class, and 10 race tracks or so. Even when you compare it to AC, it features a lot less factory content, so, it'd be pretty weird if it would cost more. Of course, i don't make Kunos' prices, so, they can charge what they want. I just do guess work, like anyone else here. And i don't think it'll be more expensive than 30 or 40 €, final price.

Fremen_78 and nate like this.
  10. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

To be honest i am happy Kunos is not AAA company... Look how all AAA games end up being pile of **** filled with the microtransactions and lootboxes Yess looking at you Forza devs Ubisoft EA etc.

Fremen_78 and trucidatio like this.
  11. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

Let be the simracing into a niche.

12. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

So in essence, "AAA racing game" means that it's almost certainly garbage. Since pretty much all studios matching that description, put out uninspired crap

"AAA" doesn't mean much. Quality determines value. Value of a clock is determined by how it stays on time, not by how many were making it

Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
    mms likes this.
  13. chakko

chakko Alien

But, that's just because the regular audience values nice graphics, effects, and arcade racing more than simulation aspects. And, i'm sure there's people who like to develop arcade or simcade racers as well.

Anyway, i wouldn't call stuff like Flatout, or Wreckfest "uninspired crap". Those are actually quite fun games. As was Need for Speed Underground. They're just no pure simulations.

Andrew_WOT likes this.
  14. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Good arcade is not crap.
    Crap starts when something is pretending what it is not, backed by a bunch of mindless, brainwashed by master minions.

Freddie Seng likes this.
  15. mannitom77

mannitom77 Racer

You do realize that you will get the full game eventually with that Early access price when it's released? But I hope you're right and only die hard fans buy it right from the start of EA. Because then Kunos will get better feedback and maybe avoid many useless whinings from those who don't understand the purpose of EA.

Original AC early Access was 39,90€ and I think full game was 49,90€ when it was released. So I'd be surprised if ACC would be any cheaper.

Like I said before, you will eventually get the full game with that EA price. So anything below 50€ will propably save you some money. Because imo game this magnitude souldn't costs anything less. Below 50€ at full release of the game would be self underestimation from Kunos.

16. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Me neither, Wreckfest is great. But people whine about it's price a lot...not seeing it as "AAA" despite it being the best game in it's genre. I think gamers (who don't have money to purchase) attack small studios on forums, in hopes of price drops. Because they know they can't affect big ones.

By uninspired crap, I mean games like NFS, they haven't been good in years. Still every time 60€. People accept the prices, because they know they can't win any forum whining campaign against big names. The Crew 2, seems like big failure that costs nearly 100 euros in it's full edition. Dirt 4, I wasn't impressed. The rally physics were simply wrong. Codemasters couldn't make believable tarmac physics in Dirt Rally. "AAA studio" isn't a guarantee of much, especially in genre of sim racing. Is sim racing somehow of lesser value?

https://store.steampowered.com/app/307960/IL2_Sturmovik_Battle_of_Stalingrad/

IL-2 was released in 2014, another niche genre by niche studio. They don't seem to shy away with their pricing. Would assume it has dropped a bit too along years?

ACC has a prestigious license and graphics that beat pCars 2, so IMO it can easily cost the same as pCars 2. It targets largely the same audience (minus consoles, at the moment)

D.Jankovic and Andrew_WOT like this.
  17. Eero

Eero Hardcore Simmer

AC was £29.99/€34.99/$39.99 during Early Access, I would expect ACC to be around the same price .

Fremen_78 likes this.
  18. chakko

chakko Alien

They buy because they obviously like it. Noone has to buy anything. And publishers realize that it is so popular, so they charge what they can charge. Market economy. I think that's absolutely fair enough, i would do the same, when i'd see that something sells.

19. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Well what seems to be popular is beyond me. I only pay for quality. Many games that sell well don't really deliver it. They sell well, because people buy "known stuff" like AAA sequels. Even if the franchise has been going downhill for years (or another annual reskin) they are happy to dish out 60€ + season pass. And in next sentence bash an "overpriced" high quality game by smaller studio, like Wreckfest

D.Jankovic likes this.
  20. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Dont know any decent AAA driving sim and so for me there is no decent AAA game. I dont mind fun games like wreckfest which is also not a AAA title. AAA to me is much like hollywood fast food or any mainstream entertainment.

Pretty much total crap with no substance, designed to be easily consumed by the masses that are as dumbed down as the general crap they consume. ;)

Price of ACC doesnt bother me, a tank of fuel here costs close to $100 and it doesnt last anywhere near as long as a good sim or give anywhere near the entertainment hours per dollar they give me. Also $40 barely gets you 4 drinks at a bar and I sure dont see people debating about the cost so much.

You can easily make the choice yourself if you want to spend the money or not with every purchase. And if developers dont make a reasonable profit from their games they will stop producing them and what would we use all our sim and PC hardware on then?