1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by bgil66, Jun 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

The EA road map clearly says the R8 will be added with the release of the full game. :rolleyes:

;) :D

Gunja, mms and D.Jankovic like this.
  2. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Comparing to the hype about direct drive wheelbases and their prices, 800 Euros for rocksolid pedals, wheelbase and rim of good quality is moderate, plus the console compatability. Compared to a simple Logitech G29, it is expensive.

A good pedal set with a loadcell for brake is worth pure gold in sim racing, I found. I would not make compromises on pedals again. Pedals can make you faster - wheels usually will not (when changing from a low budget wheel to a better wheel) . Wheels just feel better, but will not make you faster. Its about immersion. I ignore DD wheels here, I never have used and felt one. The costs are too insane for my taste.

Compared to pedals, which will make you faster if going for a better model, a FFB wheel is both about handling and about immersion. I cannot tell you how good FFB is with this or that wheel. I had a G27 one year ago, thought it was okay, then got the Fanatec Elite CSL and found it to be much stronger and faster rotating, better effects. I donÄt think you must spend more money on the CSW2.5 wheelbase and the more expensive rims, and if you ever consider to use VR, the good look of the expensive rim will be a waste, in a way.

If you save some coins, I really recommend my combo, it offers a very good bang-for-the-buck ratio and gives you excellent performance while avoiding the four digit costs some other people spend on their stuff - per item. If you are impatient or cannot afford it generally, you are essentially stuck with the G29 anyway. And not everybody seems to say it is an improvement over the G27.

Maybe Fanatec offers smile price deals occasionally, anyone knowing? Christmas coming?

Salvatore Amato and mms like this.
  3. Briklebritt

Briklebritt Simracer

Got really performance problems with my GTX1070 on my 4K monitor with ACC. With AC i could get nearly 100fps when racing against 18 cars with high settings.
    Will you optimize performance or do i have to upgrade my gfx card?

Euroracing8 and Loren Thomas like this.
  4. Eero

Eero Hardcore Simmer

Can't see GTX1070 being enough with 4K monitor.

5. Stains

Stains Simracer

I have problems with 4k on 1080Ti ! A 1070 must be really struggling .

6. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Racer

Your signature shows something else. Wanted to ask if my GTX 980ti would be any good on 5760/1080 144Hz in ACC...?

7. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

i'm using reshade.
    Should i delete it and use only this or can i use both?

8. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

i've tried this but i haven't see any change, in fps neither in quality's image.

with r.MaxAnisotropy=8 i've more fps and a little worst quality.

This means that by default the game is running with aa anys setting = 16?

9. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

ReShade with adaptive sharpen and Eero's method together is way too much sharpening IMO.

I didn't get around to test it further today, but I can only recommend to use just one method.
    (stationary I liked ReShade's adaptive sharpen a little better, but the ini-method doesn't have a performance hit)

Otherwise you can of course still use ReShade for other filters with the ini mod.

Salad Fingers and GRFOCO like this.
  10. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Probably. Doesn't really make much sense to run it at anything lower nowadays, the performance impact shouldn't be high.

11. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

I have a question... I know it's bindable in the wheel settings menu but is there an existing keyboard binding for the pit limiter? The HUD help page/settings doesn't list one.

Edit: Nevermind, I found it. It's Left Alt + L in first or second gear.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
  12. Salad Fingers

Salad Fingers Simracer

I hate you Kunos... My wrists are soooo sore right now. I need to put the game down for a bit :p It's all your fault!

13. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

So, I've tested the modded engine.ini mod vs. ReShade adaptive sharpening a bit more and I noticed that there is some flickering happening which with ReShade is also there, but much less extensive. It's not just while being stationary, I see it also happening while driving.

For now I rather take the 7-8% performance hit with ReShade and then have way less flickering.

Did anybody else notice the flickering with the engine.ini mod?

14. mkotechno

mkotechno Simracer

See 7:20 LOL

15. Thank you I got a all the informations i need.thanks a lot. I think I'm going to wait for a month before tu buy something. a g 29 to begin and good pedals. Copy

16. Salad Fingers

Salad Fingers Simracer

Looks noticeably sharper now but I see more jaggies and a good amount of flickering. Is there something we can do about the flickering at least?

17. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

The one thing I personally care the most for on the topic of image sharpness/clarity is the (with certain video settings) seriously blurry digital display in the car. In 1920x1080 and everything on Epic it takes resolution scale 120 and up to make the display about as sharp as it typically was in AC1 and also fixes the issue of not being able to read the black text on bright background during night, which obviously comes with a performance impact. I hope that can be tweaked in future.

18. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

You could try ReShade sharpening and turn resolution scale back to 100. I have better image quality and performance with ReShade compared to no ReShade and 120 resolution scale.

19. Salad Fingers

Salad Fingers Simracer

I said it in an earlier post, I think that's due to an exaggerated DOF filter. There is no setting for it yet, but I hope we'll get one in the future.

20. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

No refund after all :D :D I seen this video but sadlly does not stick that long so it overheats the car :D :D Jk ofc

sissydriver likes this.