1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by bgil66, Jun 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yes! you're right...It's "hidden" inside the pedal option.

Thanks!

mms likes this.
  2. fabT

fabT Alien

Tried, sadly no change.
    Even updated TS control panel as well as firmware.

Except for curbs, grass and ABS kicking in my T300 FFB is almost comparable to applying a simple spring to the wheel.
    Meaning almost no perceivable details, completely dull.

I've to drive by only relying on muscle memory so far and it's not fun at all.
    Well i guess i'll wait for updates / fixes.

3. mantasisg

mantasisg Racer

I think ACC physics and FFB requires to get used to. Especially if you never used gyro effect. As simple as that.

Perhaps after getting used to new stuff, details will appear to you.

Maybe those thousand hours in a single simulator has its drawbacks.

4. Ricky Reject

Ricky Reject Hardcore Simmer

Cant put my finger on it, but there are some nuances that seems to be missing or pass you by in the FFB settings....OR it's just something getting used to...or a combination of both :)

That said...driving in the rain is very much awesome. Again, cant put my finger on it, but there is something "organic" about it. No in depth analysis, just saying its awesome :)

Schnipp and After_Midnight like this.
  5. Same here mate :(
    What I tried today is to set 540 (rotation) global and ingame. Maybe its me but the wheel feels a little bit more increase.
    OFC it can be a simple placebo or the wish behind to have a good FFB. o_O
    Edit: Like I said it seems to be a placebo effect :confused:

@mantasisg
    You're right on the fact you've to get used to the feel. But if you feel nothing its hard to get used.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2018
    mms likes this.
  6. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Gentlemen, in case you are not following that other thread, here's my settings you can also read what I did before the FFB suddenly got really good for me in ACC.
    I don't know how it happened...hope the devs can work it out, soon.
    It's certainly not a matter of getting used to something new. After whatever changed on my system, I can drive ACC now intuitively like AC. The differences in FFB are minor and for the better in ACC.

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/cant-catch-a-slide.51047/page-15#post-994781

Ricky Reject and fabT like this.
  7. Your findings already in use mate :)
    On a sidenote: You're using the firmware 43. Michael is using firmware version 25. My version is 27.
    I'll try to update the firmware too the latest available version.

Edit: Update to version 29. The latest one for the T300RS. So let's see :)

Last edited: Sep 22, 2018
    LeDude83 likes this.
  8. LeiF

LeiF Alien

I am also on firmware 43 for T500RS, just looked and that is no longer the latest version, 47 is latest now.
    https://support.thrustmaster.com/en/product/t500rs-en/

However I don't think I dare update in case something goes wrong, I would rather wait till the next major EA update to see what KS pull out of the hat regarding the already acknowledged issues.

fabT and LeDude83 like this.
  9. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

Was on a good flyer last night ready to get my PB when all of a sudden the wheel TS-PC became unresponsive, felt like a mechanical failure in the steering rack in game... cool. Looked on base and no power light, the cord came out lol.

mike599xx, BrunUK and sissydriver like this.
  10. I tried it and there is no difference at the feel of the wheel. Also different force settings doesn't help. Increased forces just adds more weight at the wheel but not more details.
    So let's wait for the next major EA update like @LeiF said.

Greets After_Midnight

11. fabT

fabT Alien

Tried as well, same outcome.

I tried the Huracan on AC as well, for a quick comparison.
    I think i've probably never run it on AC before, yet i had no problem "feeling" the car. FFB clearly works there.

Back to ACC i noticed no improvements.
    Even varying gain strength just makes the wheel heavier / lighter, no better detail.

Sure i may get used to it, as anybody can.
    The point is i can't find it much entertaining.

Oh well, it's just a game and/or it's just me.
    No biggie, we'll see.

12. manuel_rendo

manuel_rendo Racer

ACC FFB is dull,empty,it does not transmitt anything from the road except Tyres slippering....and pretty much it,,
    Compared with race room is very poor,tragic at this stage,,and most of us are trying to assimilate something
    Which is obvious,,this is a beta version,,just a preliminary sketch of what it should come,.,but it is
    Surprising to have delivered this beta with such a poor FFB performance,,in fact it is very concerning,,
    ,,again,,raceroom,is far beyond this,,,(FFB wise),,very disappointing right now,,,

13. mms

mms Alien

Please understand that's not the case for everyone, lots of players including me get very good FFB. Devs are aware of issues with some wheels, hopefully they'll fix it soon.

Michael Hornbuckle and LeDude83 like this.
  14. mantasisg

mantasisg Racer

Even though I liked the FFB, and it is great for me, I still decided to play with it, understand better whats up.

Discovered that degrees are very critical indeed. You also have to restart the game if you changes degs in profiler. Originally I had really awesome FFB, but I had wrong rotation, 540 in wheel profiler, 1080 in game... basically I had 2x faster steering, in game it rotated 2x more and i didn't notice.... damn I never notice that, it is 100th time :D IDK why my wheel was at 540, probably Automobilista did that... But ACC was actually pretty awesome, it was just more difficult to be precise, however I had to turn less...

At first i tried adjustments, but I was having a mess. But later I updated T300 firmware, adjusted to 1080, then 1080 in the game, and it is great, slightly softer now and less fast obviously, but more precise and real, Huracan has ~600 degrees.

I also have it "inverted" in advanced options... for some reason I had to do it the first day... but now i am leaving it, because wheel seems to feel a bit more solid and pronounced... or placeboed.

I actually got used to 2x faster steering :D But normal is not so much different. I will still aim for fastest steering ratio, I think.

15. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer

For those that are on Package: 7.TTRS.2017 there is apparently no need to update driver or firmware. I installed that one and mine says:

Firmware: 47.00
    Driver: 2.10.9.0

The release notes don't mention any changes in the T500 either after the 2017_TTRS_7 update.

16. manuel_rendo

manuel_rendo Racer

I can take that if I had not compared with raceroom...please ,do so,,
    It is like day and night,,anyone can do it as it’s free (race room) which by the way I came across
    Into it..can compare...again,,the differences are more obvious when comparison is possible
    Speechless,,,,pls,try same circuit,and similar car,,,that will make ACc developers blush...
    (And I am not fan of any racing sim,,but I have tried them all),,,iracing(good FFB but cost a fortune)
    Rfactor 2 good but old,grippy ,roughly speaking good,,but needs a major update regarding graphics,
    And finally this Acc,,,sorry,,,but far beyond any of those,,and miles behind of race room
    Except on graphics and dynamic weather,,on that Acc is the best,,other than that,,it is at the moment
    a car video game withouth soul ,spirit,or anything that makes it different,but the rain and the weather.

17. mms

mms Alien

You still missed the point. The point is, that with SOME wheels ACC FFB feels great. On my system the level of details in FFB in ACC is not that much different from AC or rF2. Yes, it feels a bit different in each SIM, but I pretty much get the same details in each of them.

18. manuel_rendo

manuel_rendo Racer

So,,you think it is mainly because of the wheel used at the moment?
    It might be possible, I have no reason to back up that statement nor deny it..only someone from within Acc
    Could respond or those lucky enough with the proper wheel..
    I have tried Ac the old one with my wheel and it is ok,,not a big deal ofdetail,but at least some detail and feedback is good.,,
    I have tried ACcompetizione with the same wheel and it is dull as hell...but I guess is because of my wheel not the software,,which will be updated and boosted above the rest of sims shortly.(hopefully)
    I have tried raceroom with the same wheel and it is a blast,,a joy,really fun...you can feel everything,and it is very
    Easy to configure,very detailed as well,,really fun to drive and very realistic.....I guess not because of my wheel,,rather than that,,because of the program itself/wheel combination.
    I really hope to be wrong. With Acc ,,,...

19. mantasisg

mantasisg Racer

It is mostly because of whats your perception of FFB.

Some guys wants FFB to drive a car instead of them. Some wants some mythical compensation of missing G-forces. The thing that I feel more responsible of car control in ACC than AC, makes it so much more exciting and immersive. AC has great FFB but, I think it is too helpful, and it is one of the reasons why you can get to the limit more easily, also in ACC the "scary zone" of slip curve is more punishing, so it is not only FFB. Also there are marbles and varying grip of the tarmac... everything adds up to confusion, as a result we are not communicating well, because we don't understand...

It would be best to understand the mechanics of car steering, so we would have less abstract opinions.

As for trending feedback... you guys make up your mind if it is dull, or overdamped lol For me it is neither. If I wouldn't know how it is I would suppose that it is simply very heavy wheel, with lack of detils, it is not true.

20. mms

mms Alien

Please don't exclude the possibility that there are some issues with certain wheels. The devs acknowledged it in the support thread, and they are looking into it (you might want to take a look, once you manage to associate your account with a steam ID :D:D:D )

kofotsjanne, LeDude83 and mantasisg like this.