1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by bgil66, Jun 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. esox71

esox71 Alien

I don't see in a post-processing blurry mess irl

Nahkamarakatti likes this.
  2. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Stock AC compared to ACC looks like total crap. Especially vegetation and spectators looks fkin horrendous. The spectators look like they were put to troll people who complained about lack of spectators, the trees look like stage props from a school play. ACC on the other hand, IMO is the best/most realistic looking simulator around (on maxed settings and high SSAA, different thing who can run it that way)

Yes if you put GBW and custom shaders, reshade, CM adaptive PP filters to it, in some lighting conditions and some tracks it looks good. But is it AC anymore? Or heavily modded AC, doing things it weren't even supposed to do? Unreal 4 is very capable graphics engine, and ACC has implemented it well (aside maybe optimization, which I hope could improve, Forza 4 demo runs much much better in triple screen, while having pretty amazing graphics too)

Seriously, are you using max settings to make these comparisons? Surely if you put stuff on medium/low, ACC doesn't look that realistic anymore. But hardware is advancing

Last edited: Sep 21, 2018
    tow likes this.
  3. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

This!

Although wet spots/track and especially gravel traps in heavy rain or storm just don't look realistic to me.

But overall I like the graphics, but ReShade was needed to get the best out of ACC for what my GTX970 can handle.

4. mms

mms Alien

Well, no monitor/screen is going to be able to reproduce what you see IRL for the foreseeable future... Devs can only try to make things look as good as they can, also on a wide variety of monitors/screens, something looks good on your monitor will not on another.

As for the blurriness I think it was reported and they're going to try to fix it, hopefully they'll find something, because if it looks blurry on the monitor it will be unusable in VR...

esox71 likes this.
  5. OBTable

OBTable Gamer

1.6 - 1.8

6. mantasisg

mantasisg Racer

I found reshade sharpening and tonemapping to solve most of the looks problems. Didn't invent anything, but did it rather randomly. It is well said that ACC now graphics/models wise is much better, but it doesn't really look so much better because of some stuff which doesn't yet seem to be balanced and polished, it was just released to EA. Also there are much more lighting conditions and weather conditions, rain... must be more complex to get perfect I suppose, but possibilities are much higher. Sharpening and adjusting tones, exposure, gama gave me better look. More color and sharper image looks great.

7. I just tried your settings (65 global, 70 in game) and I couldn't complete a lap. Not sure how you feel the wheel is heavily damped, with those settings it felt like it was turned off half the time. No idea how you drove in AC with those settings. Just proves that two different people can use the same wheel and have it feel totally different.

8. mantasisg

mantasisg Racer

[​IMG]

:D

Joke, I know what overdamped feels like. When I had very high damping value with gyro on in AC, it was really uncomfortable. Lowered it and I stopped worrying that the desk will collapse.

Oh one more thing I just remembered. I used to have this one issue too. What about you steering wheel degs ? And did you enable the game to adjust the settings ? I had one big issue with Content manager in AC for over six months, I have missed one option to turn on, or accidently turned off IDK, and I had my steering wheel and virtual steering mismatch in most cars, and managed not to notice.... My wheel almost always felt very uncomfortable and overdamped, countersteering was just too hard. And then one day discovered that there indeed was an issue, that my degrees doesn't match with game degrees, it somehow not only made steering less precise, but also somehow freaked out the damping... so perhaps there are some people who has similar problems ? The GT3 lambo has very fast steering with small steering lock.

mms likes this.
  9. Sorry mate if you used the settings of my signature. I think I've put this settings one time in the signature and never add my changes.
    After buying the T300RS I'm using your settings you've provided somewhere here or at RD.

Greets After_Midnight

Edit: Or you're using my settings :confused:
    [​IMG]

o_O

Last edited: Sep 21, 2018
  10. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Hey..before i create a thread about this i want to check it first. Is there any way i can have UI switched to keyboard controls. but use wheel do drive ofc :D

Right now i have issue where UI is showing me huge numbers to press and i hate is...and cant use damn ESC to go back.
    [​IMG]
    Annoying as hell. Hopefully there is solution

Tnx

11. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

More advanced/customizable control options are going to come in the future, especially for keyboard and gamepads.

For now I think you can't use the keyboard bindings, but I hope that Esc can be used for Pause & Cancel and Enter for Confirm (either way if hardcoded or by custom binding).

mms likes this.
  12. fabT

fabT Alien

I think i'm experimenting the same FFB issues as @After_Midnight.
    Dampened, dull feeling.

Can you ( and / or anybody feeling the T300 FFS is ok ) post your own settings ( both TS panel and ingame ) ?

I guess you already did, but i'm missing the post.

Thank you.

13. Here are my exact settings:
    [​IMG]

(keep in mind that Damper only gives weight to the wheel while sitting still, in my testing I feel no difference at speed with it set at either 100% or 0%)

In game I am using 90 gain and 0 min force.

14. fabT

fabT Alien

Thank you very much, will try.

15. Same settings except global/ingame force 75.
    Have you set your wheel global/ingame to 1080 (rotation) too?

16. Yes, 1080 in both.

After_Midnight likes this.
  17. Stains

Stains Simracer

I don't see flat trees and shimmering fences either :p

18. Anybody knows if pedal sliders would be included in future updates like we have in AC1??

I really need this feature in game.

Gunja likes this.
  19. mms

mms Alien

Don't know what you mean by pedal sliders, but it's already possible to set min/max for pedals...

20. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

Probably referring to the linearity / curve slider.