1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by bgil66, Jun 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mantasisg

mantasisg Racer

I see notable members reporting no issue, or at least no SEVERE issue at least. But yes, lets wait and see. But IMO, some of you guys should ask "does it make sense" before you simply ask "do I like it". Seek for understanding, before seeking to be understood.

2. plaid

plaid Alien

If you can't use them: Sure. In that case you maybe should leave it to those who can, who maybe find ways to improve it somewhat.

I could imagine that a dev doesn't spent one or two years perfecting the FFB for each wheel. Some communitymembers may do and as a result you have a slightly or much better FFB.

Its basicly the same with graphic settings. People put on ambient occlusion, don't know what it does and complain about low fps. But its not a good idea to offer a minimum of settings and you are forced to play with things set ot high and low, that you would like to be low and high.

3. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

An overly dampend wheel is one of the worst issues one can encounter...
    :rolleyes:

nate, Echo_29 and Walkman 2 like this.
  4. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

No.

5. mantasisg

mantasisg Racer

I am sure some community members can't tell the difference between the FFB and physics. And I think Kunos is much stronger now, and can pay proper attention to most of available controllers. Just to prevent users from ruining their settings, and distortion of overall feel and impressions. Also saving your time ;)

I don't say that there couldn't be more options, or some tweaks, but less is more anyway, only really necessary stuff. Some stuff is indeed related to some particular wheels, it'll be sorted out. For example in AC my G25 benefited a lot from lutgenerator which adjusted torque linearity of the wheel...

I think there are much worse issues in ones life :D (and it is not overdamped :D)

Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
    Kopiller likes this.
  6. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Yeah sure, fear of being forced into war with Russia, and so on...

WE were talking about simracing, and a large part of the community suffers from overdamping...

Which you simply put aside to ignore...

Did your 6 month offtime work out? o_O

7. Hopefully the forthcoming fix is only (or at least mostly) for T500 users since they are (almost) unanimously claiming that the FFB feels completely wrong. For my T300 the FFB in ACC feels very similar to AC when using DAMPER_MIN_LEVEL=0.03 in the GYRO options. I prefer DAMPER_MIN_LEVEL=0.01 so it won't break my heart if something similar is changed in the update.

I doubt that it is something nearly as simple as this though considering that enabling dampening in your wheel control panel for ACC only affects the weight of the wheel while sitting still.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
    ShredatorFIN and mantasisg like this.
  8. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Thx, will check it out. :)

9. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

No offense intended but, you are basically saying "my way is the right way". I think that there are at least three categories of players (perhaps a combination of):
    • Simulation Purist - only wants realism - period
    • Competition player - minimal feedback, only what improves performance
    • Immersion Player - whatever makes playing more enjoyable is good
    IMO, none of these player-types should be excluded by having rigid / very limited FFB settings. Yes other titles keep things simple but, there are generally tweaks that can be made to suit most players, if they are willing to do the work. I don't propose that Kunos make ACC-FFB just like that of AC but, it should be better and if the physics are improved, there's no reason why the FFB can't be as well. As it is right now, my experience suggests that ACC-FFB does suffer from dampening, gyro or some combination that is causing very linear self-aligning torque behavior; the steering resistance during cornering is very linear and has little - if any, variation. Lateral-scrub detection is virtually non-existent in the FFB and every Sim I play provides some form of front-grip loss detection in the FFB whether it be vibration, progressive resistance with a plateau / or drop-off, or some combination of those (with audio cues - of course).

Furthermore, the inclusion of lateral-scrub effects or other grip-loss detection is needed imo - not only for the FFB but, also to support other types of feedback (tactile and motion) because, it all makes sense and is so much more immersive and effective when the various channels of feedback are firing on all cylinders in harmony; it just works. With the current way the FFB works in ACC, things feel very out of balance in that way. That's how ACC differs from almost every other title right now for me and as great as the visuals and audio may be, there's still some key components missing in the FFB that really detract form the experience.

For those that prefer the current dampened FFB in ACC, that can always be done through tuning the FFB in various ways (usually hardware settings) so, having more settings in the game should not take anything away from the experience for them. :)

TDS, matz_AUT, Echo_29 and 3 others like this.
  10. mantasisg

mantasisg Racer

Let me be funny for once :D I know that context is about simracing.

I have said that with my T300 wheel there is no such issue, so there is nothing to ignore. I have also used gyro in AC, much like Michael, so there is not so much shocking difference. Got used to ACC in first 5 hours of play.

While I understand that some might really have issues, I believe a lot are just failing to get used and are stuck and resisting to change, understand, learn, accept. There is a bright side for that in case you have a point, but usually it is based purely on like/dislike - it is useless feedback, perception and expectation might be wrong and cause the rejection.

It was 6months ? :D But what kind of rhetorical question is that ? A bit off-topic- I haven't lost anything.

11. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

:rolleyes:
    Pls don’t get us lost in fights already fought.

Gyro in AC with a consumer wheel? ...o_O

It’s all about ACC here, and since I really disliked gyro, I feel the necessity to have it in ACC.
    when it’s done right, it’s a plus.
    But dampening out important information the haptics give you....meeeh!

I’m confident ACC will shine on this, just be patient.

12. Poloman

Poloman Racer

If you do like the FFB,it doesnt mean that it is realistic. (Maybe in your wheel it is,for my G27 is not,i only use LUT in AC and absolutely nothing else,all canned effects (kerb,road,slip)->off)
    Funny thing most real race drivers thinks something is off,and i believe at least one is racing in blancpain and said he will get in touch with the devs. So,you are the one stuck and resisting to understand,that this is EA and if we don't point things that are wrong,because we believe in kunos (Hey,i do believe too,i really love how @Aristotelis explain most of the things) there won't be an improvement.
    People both sides needs to calm down,and accept a different point of view,so that the game can be what everyone wants.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  13. Yes, where have you been for the last three years. The settings for my T300 that I use in AC, which includes enabling GYRO, were given to me by a Kunos dev and they are fire.

mantasisg likes this.
  14. mantasisg

mantasisg Racer

No no no, no "my way is the right way", but the reality way is the best way, there is nothing to invent.

I am holding my position that people shouldn't have settings like day/night for FFB each, less confusion that way. Why in my reality gyroscopic forces should exist, while in your reality gyroscopic forces doesn't exist ? We have the actual reality, which answers the question, and makes things clear. I can understand if there is an issue if your desk is being ripped apart, but that's it. For me it is ok, and my desk is not the most rigid.

I think we are only one player type - simracers. What is this, simracism separating everyone into types ? :D

There are things which some guys might not feel comfortable yet, such as bigger grip drop-off when you overdrive the peak, no that's not ffb, you lost the car. It is worse, but it is more realistic, which means it is better.

I think self aligning torque/lateral force graph is usually similar to slip angle/lateral force graph, isn't it ? It is fast, steep.

Scrub depends on the geometry of the car. The drop off when you understeer depends on how little mechanical trail is. If mechanical trail is big, you probably feel less drop when understeering. Depends on geometry too, tire... I agree that in ACC now you don't really get understeer feel, but it depends on things. Other fake stuff is fake, only good if sim doesn't simulate pneumatic trail well and the car actually should have a drop when understeering.

I think motion feedback is overrated. Visual feedback is probably the most important, then sound, and then FFB. I don't think additional FFB impulses are good, if they mix-up the feeling and you don't feel the tires anymore as you should, and you do feel tires well now, it is very awesome. Tires ! Not only wheels.

I would only suggest to try to get used to stuff for at least a little bit longer, you are not that old :D

Raklödder and Nahkamarakatti like this.
  15. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

No, they are not! When ever you realize that?

16. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

If I may elaborate regarding my view on feedback in general; I've been Sim-racing since the early 90's so I do know what I like and don't but, I also recognize that reality is just that and there is only one, all others are imitations of reality. Therefore, technically - sim-racing is attempting to imitate reality but, the fact is - it's not real. It's just a matter of how much additional information via effects we use to support the physics, those which exist in RL but, are absent from our virtual environment, hence the reason we even have FFB at all; it exists to enhance the experience, how can canned effects be wrong in that context? From a pure dynamics perspective - sure, it'd be great if all feedback effects could be 100% based on physics but, the game FFB-API simply doesn't include all effects that exist in reality. In leu of that, I'm fine with the option to use certain effects that effectively enhance my experience and I also recognize that my preference is not "thee way" to do it, it's just one of many. ;)

TDS, Echo_29, Jebus and 1 other person like this.
  17. mantasisg

mantasisg Racer

I don't think Kunos should throw away real force if it is there. And additional effects are not necessary to feel the car, I think maybe it is even harmful to get used to them.

I am not sure, but sometimes I think that feeling a car through a seat could be a myth, what it really is could be simply visual feel of an angle. But I haven't drove a racing car to feel big inertia, so I could be really wrong. But I don't think that feeling g's would help to feel the slip curve, could it ? Perhaps even make it harder to sense things ? I should ask a guy which I know, who is actively racing for many years. So if in case "butt feel" is a myth, then there is no reason to add artificial stuff to compensate it and mask on actually important ffb stuff.

To me ACC feels like if you really have only fronts in steering system, and it is great, perfectly enough to dance with the car. In AC there is sometimes a suspicion you could feel just tiny bit of rear slip before it actually would influence some slip at the front (in case of oversteer), there always should be a little delay between front and rear in ffb, I mean no rear in FFB, but how rear influents front. Visual cues probably kicks in sooner, like speed of light, and are most essential.

18. Stains

Stains Simracer

So is this as good as ACC''s AA will stay ?
    Im not upset with it just curious !
    How is VR performing ? Will my 1080Ti/7700k run well at 90fps ?
    Thanks .

19. Stains

Stains Simracer

Deleted

Last edited: Sep 21, 2018
  20. rd.king

rd.king Hardcore Simmer

is there an in game FPS app ?