1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by bgil66, Jun 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paul thomas

paul thomas Racer

No it does work. The setting posted earlier where wrong. It should read

[SystemSettings]
    r.DefaultFeature.AntiAliasing=3
    r.MSAACount=4
    r.MSAACurrentFrameWeight=0.6
    r.MSAASamples=8
    r.MSAASharpness=0.6
    r.Tonemapper.Sharpen=0.5

2. GingerMcAle

GingerMcAle Gamer

3. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

From Pankykapus in the FFB dampening thread:
    Thank God there is official word now about this. There WAS something wrong with the dampening after all. Love how some tried to tell, it's the most "realistic way".. to have issues with the damper implementation. :rolleyes:

Anyway, can't wait for an update, totally awesome news.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
  4. McNappa

McNappa Simracer

hopefully we will get more FFB sliders :)

5. I bet you just get adjustable dampening and probably optional gyro function because every wheel has different amount of inner friction and different linearity properties. Most of the issues seems to be with Thrustmaster and Logitech wheels. Fanatec products can live with the dampening because these wheels have the drift function to make the wheel quicker when countersteering.

I hope we will still have the oscillation free "realistic" FFB so every user can think it as an upgrade over AC FFB.

Lawndart, LeDude83, mms and 2 others like this.
  6. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

MSAA is not possible in deferred rendering, the only thing taking effect here is the Tonemapper Sharpen, everything else is ignored. Try setting the sharpen to 0 and you'll get the same image as with default TAA.

7. unknwn

unknwn Alien

My guess is that even with damping fully off the wheel will stay heavier relatively to AC.
    ACC doesn't have that strong "spring" that tightens when loading the tire like in AC hence percepted dynamic range is lower without large drop offs or peaks in FFB force. Those peaks are the force that wants your wheel to snap in center (or countersteer heavily).

TDS, mms and Nahkamarakatti like this.
  8. mms

mms Alien

Please don't forget that for different wheels the issue might surface on different levels. Also keep in mind that FFB is a very personal thing, what one person likes many others might hate.

I personally like the FFB on my CSW2, it gives me enough feedback to catch small slides and sometimes even bigger ones. We'll see if the fix they provide will make it even better for me, which I doubt, but I really hope it will fix the problem for you guys so you can fully enjoy this game.

TDS, Whitestar, Minolin and 1 other person like this.
  9. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

I simply read only one post saying ACCs FFB is most realistic and therefore all other sims should be concidered as “games”.:rolleyes:
    No one here even jumped on that argument, so I think it’s save to say the community concidered that one as a “troll post”. Which is a good thing.

So please, keep calm and wait. The fix will come eventually.

:)

LeDude83, Boller and Nahkamarakatti like this.
  10. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Yeah, but many said it's best FFB ever, nothing wrong with it, dampening is perfect etc... well, turned out it wasn't. But anyway, good that it will be sorted.

And some extra options will be probably win-win, people have different wheels and tastes. Sounded to me like it will be in October build.. Not like it was unplayable but I prefer to wait for October tbh

11. mantasisg

mantasisg Racer

Hopefully FFB change will be small and subtle, also there won't be more or too much sliders added. Deal with it, less is more. Perhaps you'll get used to it, don't be so static.

I don't think ACC FFB can be very wrong, T300 user here. I also used gyro in AC.

For the very first tries in ACC I spun for lack of "commands" from FFB, I guess, plus not being used to new more sophisticated physics. Then I started doing more "asking" with my wheel inputs, rather than waiting till FFB will give all the commands. And I don't really have any problems.

I also realized that a few times I could have had car uncatchable because I drove on marbles too aggressively. Hopefully resistance to changes and all sorts of dislikes will result only in improvements, but not simplifications and steps back. :)

Kopiller and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  12. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

To me it’s still the best FFB ever because of it’s complexity and the information load.
    Still, that over dampening has to be fixed.
    Imagine what will come out of that....

Nahkamarakatti and mms like this.
  13. I agree. I will keep the damping thou.. :)

14. mantasisg

mantasisg Racer

I don't get the "over-dampening". I use 35damper in wheel profiler since AC. But it was said that ACC don't react to that. No issues with damping here. T300.

But you'll get stronger powersteering I guess, you should also feel less of a tire then, I think.

15. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

There will be more options, if you check what Panky said. Which seems to be only way to make people happy, I for one hope for something more than "small and subtle" changes. But don't want to really get into this conversation again, some like the ACC FFB some don't, lets just wait for that update

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  16. mantasisg

mantasisg Racer

There is no way to make people, I mean - gamers, happy. lol I dig you want the AC FFB back, as much as it is very good, it is not better. This is simulator, the reference is reality, so it moves towards it, if it would not, it wouldn't be broken in terms of main idea. You might not perfectly like something IRL too don't you ? You also might get used to something, or you might not, whatever.

Ok, kool, lets have a lil slider to make you happy, but I suggest to be conservative and minimal with it, so when we talk about ACC we all talk about relatively same thing. Who knows how messed up was your AC FFB settings haha Now you can't mess them up.

PS I didn't try steering ratio in setup yet, but you should try to increase it, I think. It should make your wheel lighter, but you'll have bigger rotation angle, will have to work with the wheel more.

17. plaid

plaid Alien

Best would be a wide variety of sliders either in a extra menu like advance graphicsettings or at least the possibility to change ini files, so especially for specific settings for each wheel people may get more out of it.

18. f_deutsch

f_deutsch Hardcore Simmer

Are there plans to implement forward rendering?

mms likes this.
  19. mantasisg

mantasisg Racer

Wide variety is not good because more sliders means more possibilities to go off. Repeat - less is more, less is more, less is more :D

dermonty and Kopiller like this.
  20. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Don’t be that guy!

We have notable members reporting a severe issue here!

Let’s wait and see.

mms likes this.