1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Unsporting behaviour

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Thug, Mar 12, 2019.

1. MrGit@Twitch

MrGit@Twitch Hardcore Simmer

Restart was recommended not to be used right now, so it's just /next as the only available command.

TDS likes this.
  2. I tried too MP on AC official server. It's a horror. Some guys are really great and fair on the track but many are terrible. They don't know - or simple not respect - the basic behavior rules. They ignore the flashing lights, the white line on pit lane exit and so on. Some of my experiences: on qualy I drive with lights on. Normally it's a "sign" that I'm on flying lap. Somebody driving out of the pitlane ( it was on Monza), I passed him,but in the first chicane he try me to overtake and push me out. Other "driver" in the next lap: maked a brake test in "Curva Grande" directly in front of me. About the race starts I'm not saying anything. After all try to enjoy the game :(

OrganDonor and Son like this.
  3. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

We will see how the system works when it is completed, it is too early now to be frustrated. It looks like a comprehensive rating system will weed out the "non committed" people.

Besides, I have great hope in these "live special events" I saw on the roadmap some time ago. What are they?? Who knows. My strong hope is that they are small leagues following the example of SimRacingSystem:
    • A few race events per "league", each race event stays on for a week with the same race repeated every day, even twice a day, so that you can redo the same race during the week if you were not satisfied with the result or if you didn't have time to join on the first day (this "race when you want and as many times as you want" is awesome because it avoids a lot of after-race protests and allows people in different time zones and with different life schedules to join);
    • For each event points are awarded, and points are subtracted in case of accidents;
    • You can book in advance for each race instance, and servers are created right before the race according to how many people have booked the event, with matchmaking putting people with similar level on the same server;
    • The total points decide the winner of the live event, and also are added to a "competition rating" (maybe just that one I saw in game?) that is permanent. That would provide fun and competitive "semi-serious" racing with some incentive to win.
    So we could have public servers for casual driving, private (password-locked) servers for racing with friends and leagues, Kunos servers with live special events for convenient mini-leagues and both Kunos official or sponsored "big" e-sports events for the pros. This is my dream:cool: but I trust in @Minolin

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
  4. Nick Moxley

Nick Moxley Alien

Triple screen Online MP Racers be like.....

[​IMG]

#SorryCouldn'tSeeYaThere

Hagen, menos | M6, Son and 1 other person like this.
  5. Raklödder

Raklödder Simracer

I think that was the guy, but I didn't curse at him. All I ever did was to ask him to stop ramming me and others, while driving around like a maniac, but if you saw that chat, you'd know that I was laughing my *** off.

6. Paul Sutton

Paul Sutton Simracer

Yup the race start's are a demolition derby type of thing best to sit back and just drive past all the spinning cars in T1 and T2. Thats if you make it to the start that is, Big smash fest before the last corner before the race started.
    I must admit i did hit a few ppl was driving the lambo and could not get it to turn spun about 5 times. tried my best not to drive back onto the track in front of anybody but that did not work out as i planed thats my bad.

7. Si.

Si. Simracer

There’s s bug around starts and pits where although in gear and throttle working the car won’t move, it happened to me the other night and I believe that’s the primary reason for chaotic starts.

8. OrganDonor

OrganDonor Racer

I once saw a guy go straight through the first corner at Monza at full speed, not even trying to slow down. Genuinely laughed when he disappeared right before rejoining the main track and smashing into someone :D Probably got kicked.

One thing that needs fixing is the bumper car behaviour - cars go flying far too easily once you touch someone. I've been touched (not in the way that you think!) and I've tapped someone in a corner or two and it's caused me or them respectively to spin straight away. Cars should have more mass and shouldn't feel like paper cut-outs.

Pheebau likes this.
  9. mms

mms Alien

Stefano mentioned that MP collisions are not yet tuned, supposed to get to get at the level of AC at least...

10. R1-Limited

R1-Limited Racer

I hate haters so much. I mean really. I saw we need a mod that loads a SAW and or a C120 120mm Gatling gun to rid the sim racing world of these ingrates.
    I guess you can do a few things
    1. be more careful on the start
    2. Qualify faster then the ingrates
    3. Race your own race
    4. Understand Poop happens
    Unless server owners and or the points system actually works, I would hope that those who have yet to get the points to race in higher caliber races. Until that happens, well Boo freakin hoo

11. Gopher04

Gopher04 Simracer

Well I tried again tonight and wont bother again, there is a group just going around the Kunos servers just doing everything to wreck races so I guess the Devs can do their own MP testing from now on..

Raklödder likes this.
  12. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

I have just had a race with a friend of mine, we just found an empty server and raced, there were only the 2 of us but it was great fun.

13. Paul Sutton

Paul Sutton Simracer

Yes this is really bad if you just tap someone they shoot off like a rocket and spin.

14. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

Recently it's quite difficult escape having someone crashing into you in the first lap.

If I brake a bit sooner in the first corners to avoid any mayhem in front, there is someone behind that don't brake soon enough and crash into 3 or 4 in a single take.
    If I manage to out maneuver the cars crashed in front, there is almost always another car behind that comes so fast that is unable to avoid the cars scattered in track and take me out, nonetheless.
    Even starting from last (without putting a qualify lap) it's still difficult, because suddenly there are a bunch of cars all over the track, out of track, returning to the track, a big confusion.

I think it's most of all a matter of behaving in track and having respect by the other players, and currently there is very much lack of either.

15. Tim Wilson

Tim Wilson Simracer

One thing for sure, the old start system was much better than using the pit limiter. The fast guys up front could just scoot away and have a race. Now all the goofballs bunch up at the start and nuke T1. You're better off doing an intentional cut if you are in the front rows, and give the position back if the other guys survive the bumper car interlude.
    In a race today, I started p2 and was hoping we could get away, but the pole sitter decided he would crawl to the start. I tried to lay back with him but he was going so slow that people from the back started passing us both. Two lambozos went ripping off and when we got the green they had 25 car lengths on us. Totally broke my concentration and I blew past my brake point and was at 100m. I had to take to the inside weeds to avoid taking out the pole sitter. I checked up and let him by me and it looked like we were clean when just out of the next turn I got taken out by a high speed kamikaze. Then of course the entire field had to tag me on their way by. Did I rage quit? No! I sat in the pit and watched the replay to see what went wrong. And well- Evrything went wrong!

I think(and it would be good to have clarification from a dev) that the only way the new system works is if everyone(especially the pole sitter) just starts the engine and goes- as fast as the limiter will let you. If you coast, you can get passed. It's not good if the pole sitter becomes the marshal. I've seen it several times now and it always goes real bad.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
    chksix likes this.
  16. Transyt

Transyt Rookie

I think it's best that KUNOS introduce driving license. If you make too many crashes during a specific period, you lose points. When it reaches zero you are temporarily removed from MP. Then you need to do a series of safety awareness missions to regain your point. The difficulty and numbers of the missions are dynamic, judged by how worse and frequent you behave online. In such way, it would be more and more difficult to get back on line if you don't learn your lesson.

Strawberry, GroteBakkes, Arlo and 4 others like this.
  17. menos | M6

menos | M6 Hardcore Simmer

There definitely needs to be certain penalties for other behaviors than on track behavior.
    I was on a server recently were one kid would make a fun of running at full speed through the pit lane and taking out people who would try to leave the pit lane for their qualifying session.

If you brake the speed limits in the pit lane you should loose points in the appropriate rating. If you brake the speed limit by a very excessive amount (say 80kmh instead of the 50kmh limit) you get black flagged, your cars is locked to the pits - you may still be able to watch the race from the pits, BUT black flagged people should not be counted any longer as a full slot in the track rooster and should be pushed off server if fresh people enter the server if the server is full so you do not end up with a server full of DQed cars in the pit. DQed people also should not have the ability to use the chat to prevent spamming of the thread.

chksix likes this.
  18. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

Great and very important suggestions guys! ACC getting a rep of having very bad MP will affect sales in the end. Similar to other MP games where hackers and griefers roam free.
    (makes me think it's a conspiracy and concerted effort by the RF2 people to make ACC fail) ;)

Racing Licence is a must
    Locking to pits or immediate bans a must too

I miss Minorating so bad :(

19. menos | M6

menos | M6 Hardcore Simmer

I think it is MUCH too early to state something like this.

The current build has so far only a basic implementation with minimum MP features after the whole rewrite.

We need to give Kunos time to implement all MP features first, then calibrate them before stating something like this. It is still an Early Access WIP after all ;-)

We should keep the input coming though what behaviors we see and what ideas there are to solve potential behavioral issues all the while being patient for Kunos taking on that MOUNTAIN of work to finish the product.

I am really looking forward to the finished product from what little we can see from build 0.6.3 already, knowing how well Assetto Corsa turned out to be after sufficient development.

BoinkTheBeaver likes this.
  20. MobyDuck

MobyDuck Gamer

At least it is good to see that I am not the only one having these experiences with other guys on the track.;)

But the automatic judgement system usually drives me nuts even more as everybody has missed his breaking point here and there and tapped someone from behind.

It just happened yesterday that I had to go off track on corner exit to avoid crashing into a car that was too early on the throttle.

Bam.. "you got kicked from server due to unsporting behavior". This makes my bite into my wheel when I was on a decent place after 25 minutes racing.:mad:

But I remember quickly that we are in early access and this judgement system has probably got not the highest priority so far.

But other than that, I enjoy the new versions multiplayer performance.
    It is working way better than previous versions and I am looking forward to the polished release.:D

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019