1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Just a plain old thank you

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Zinny, Jul 5, 2019.

1. Zinny

Zinny Gamer

I am one of those that play mostly single player and after a couple races with the Merc on Silverstone tonight , I want to say thank you to all those involved with this sim. It really was enjoyable, actually felt quite real, but then again I am an old fart.

Thanks again and looking forward to future updates.

Garry

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Explain silver, gold, ect....pls Mar 16, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer Dedicated Server - CPU usage explained Jan 31, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer v.1.4.2 | CP server - Unexplained start from pit lane May 22, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals please explain minimum force May 6, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Can somebody pls explain me... Aug 4, 2019
    ACC User Interface Menu options explained Jul 30, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Can Someone Explain The Digital Notations-Numbers on the Windscreen? May 30, 2019
    ACC User Interface Better explained setup screen descriptions and info? Mar 17, 2019
    ACC Physics anyone can please explain how do fast bump and rebound work?!? Mar 15, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer Server hosting explained? Nov 15, 2018
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Explaination of different Ratings. Oct 23, 2018
    ACC General Discussions This Video explaining ghost frames Sep 18, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Can someone explain physics of this accident in detail ? Mar 2, 2018
    Chit Chat Room 'Performance Delta' explained. Dec 5, 2017
    Chit Chat Room A post explaining what's wrong with today's racing games' career mode Jul 28, 2017

3. warth0g

warth0g Hardcore Simmer

It’s amazing how ACC breathes new life into old tracks. Ive also been driving Silverstone (in the Ferrari) and it’s been amazing. I never used to like Silverstone in other sims, but it’s amazing in ACC. Love it.

4. Wizzard 1969

Wizzard 1969 Gamer

You guys are killing me can’t get this working in triples

5. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

Silverstone is a good track for GT3 racing, decent overtaking opportunities and there is nothing like nailing maggots, Becketts and chapel....shame it’s so flat!

warth0g and anthony galmiche like this.
  6. jaykinch

jaykinch Gamer

Yeah a big thank you from me too
    Playing in vr it does have few problems but when your close racing,wow last night I was sweating on a online race trying to keep 2nd place ended up 6th
    But had such a great close race not had that kind of racing for a long long time

Man I wish this game was out about 10 years ago when I was a single man and no kids and could play all night

7. ElPueblo

ElPueblo Hardcore Simmer

I'll chip in. Kudos @Kunos!

Does the game have bugs - sure thing, quite a lot of them.
    Do they concern me? - not in the slightest, I am quite confident devs are fully aware of them and they will iron them out as soon as they can.
    Is the game playable at current state? - absolutely. You can easily jump in and enjoy - even if you are playing in VR (as I do), after some tweaks with video settings the results are satisfactory!

I can't tell you how much I've learned about the tracks thanks to ACC. After spending tons of hours in AC I thought my knowledge of them tracks is at a decent level. Boy, was I wrong!
    There is something special with this sim, I cannot really pinpoint what, but the overall feeling of driving and racing - even against AI - is simply superb!

So, hats off to you @Kunos for hard work! Keep your chin up!

DiRTMark, SylverFyre, Tundra and 5 others like this.
  8. Zinny

Zinny Gamer

+1

9. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Theres clearly issues and features still needed but what ACC does well it does very well, driving model is great, netcode is very good, ratings work great to give us good clean hard racing in mp.

Here is a 30 minute race from last night trying hard to chase down a friend in a Mclaren at Hungaroring, full 100% laps once I was just behind him started 2 seconds behind finished 1.5 seconds behind working hard for every tenth over more then 20 minutes trying to make up that huge gap. :eek:

Last edited: Jul 5, 2019
    ignission, ElPueblo and Zinny like this.
  10. @Aristotelis @Minolin @kunos
    I am one of those that started with TNFS SE and NFS 2 SE then NFS PU then GTR, GTR2, RACE, RACE 07, found RD, then GTR Evo. Somewhere in that train of Sims and frustration and etc I found netkar. Hated the Zonda, it was way to powerful to handle on Croft but the 360 I could manage.

Your Sims, games whatever you wanna call them have always showed passion. I loved AC from the first time I drove it, same and the same with ACC. Honestly can't wait for whatever is next with ACC, listen to those that matter and to the masses. You usually can't go wrong with that. I appreciate your efforts, there's a select few of us that realize what you have going on here with ACC.

Never stop making the basics better. The feel, philosophy, physics and ffb must always be the base of any simracing product. If it doesn't drive like the real thing then I don't give a ****. The fastest line at Monza is not hoping curbs and going on grave in a GT3 car no matter what anyone says.

Just thank you, maybe I'll see some of you at Spa or Nurburgring ring.

Salut.

Tim Wilson, Zinny, DiRTMark and 6 others like this.
  11. BEsnake

BEsnake Racer

Loving the game and the people in it. Your doing great and so is the community!
    [​IMG]

Zinny, DiRTMark, rycil and 5 others like this.
  12. Tim Wilson

Tim Wilson Simracer

Some very smart decisions were made in the development of ACC MP gameplay, to the driver rating system, and the physics model, that make me say- Thank you Kunos devs.
    I love it when I see a car disappear when trying to cut through the grass at high speed to wreck someone out, or when I see a car disappear from the start grid if the player isn't ready to race, or when a car is DQ'd for driving backwards or for failing to submit to cut penalties. It's thrilling when you qualify top 5 in a 20 grid race on a SA70+ server and the top 12 times are within 1. sec and the entire field makes T1 w/o problems. I'm amazed when I make a quick jank of the wheel while coming out of a slow turn and feel the front tires hop over the center of the camber.

These are just a random few of the many things I appreciate about ACC. I'm not at all concerned about the direction, the player count, or anything else. I'm truly enjoying the game.

13. warth0g

warth0g Hardcore Simmer

I was in a practice session yesterday with the league that I've started racing with in preparation for our race next weekend. We had about 16 or so people (in the US timezone no less) racing around Silverstone. It transitioned slowly from late afternoon with low sun in the sky (and twinkling through the trees) to dusk to an almost pitch black nighttime. I commented over voice chat how beautiful the transition was and everyone was obviously thinking the same thing, as they started to chime in over voice comms the same thoughts. People were saying how much they loved this game - not just the graphics, but the game overall. There's definitely a less vocal group out there who play and love this game for what it is, not dislike it for what it isn't. Just thought you should know :)

MTv, ElPueblo, Nev Roberts and 3 others like this.