1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Just to say "Thank you Kunos" :)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by paulieGTR, Nov 8, 2013.

1. morpwr69

morpwr69 Racer

Thanks for going out of your way to include the live axle update quickly. Awesome stuff and sooooo fun to drive. Feels really natural now.

2. jaxx_za

jaxx_za Hardcore Simmer

I bought Assetto Corsa about 2 years ago, played for a few months and after hitting a drivers performance ceiling, I drifted away for a while. Then I found Aristotelis's brilliant go faster series, and decided to try again.

I started with one car (458 GT2) and one track (Spa) - took me a while but thanks to these tutorials, managed to bring my times down enough to get into online races. After 150hours, just moved onto my second track (Monza) and doing high 1:50.xxx. I've never approached a driving sim in such a focused manner before, but the feeling of accomplishment just spurs me on.

And this is what I think Kunos has got so right - That feeling when you brake and turn in on cue, hit and Apex, and pass the guy in front as you pull out of the corner is simply unbeatable. I find myself grinning every time I pull off one of those in an online race.

Having been into driving sims since the Test Drive 1 days, I have to say it think I've found my Nirvana. Never before have I felt so satisfied with a product such as this. Everything just hits the right notes for me, and the only thing lacking right now is my own driving ability :(

So to Kuno's - I know you guys aren't in the best of places right now with all the negativity around the xbone release etc. But just wanted to say that you guys have pulled off something magnificent with this title. Keep doing what you are doing - cos in a short while xbone customers will hitting apex's with a grin on their faces too.

Can't wait to see what you have planned for this title in future.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

myimac, Maxidyne, sissydriver and 2 others like this.
  3. dmatzies

dmatzies Rookie

Excellent update for the live axle.

The update was missing for the drm mod especially the Ford Capri, thanks guys, awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

TheReaper GT likes this.
  4. ziffel

ziffel Rookie

I suppose it's only suitable that my first post here be in the thank you thread.

I am a semi-casual, semi-serious sim racer. I started 6 years ago on iRacing. I have a decent wheel (DFGT) and good pedals (Fanatec Clubsport V2). I got caught up in iRacing and ended up doing what I'm sure a lot of folks did, drop a lot of cash there - which in retrospect was foolish. I'm not much of a multiplayer person, and iRacing is a very closed system, where you can only access the content you paid for if you are a current paying monthly subscriber. So if you're not dropping ~$10/month, you're locked out of your content, even for single-player/practice mode. My last straw with iRacing was after having disabled auto-pay, they turned it back on themselves (!) and charged me $100 for a year sub, despite me not having logged in in over a year. This lead to a battle for a refund, which they were highly resistant to doing, despite the fact that I never logged in to use the new sub. He even admitted that the auto-renew being turned on was done from their end (!). Finally, a refund was done, and i canceled that payment card and never went back.

This leads me to now, where I haven't raced in 3+ years, but have had my eye on AC for over a year. At the start of the recent Steam summer sale, I finally bit, and broke out my wheel and pedals. I was blown away. Seriously. I was so impressed by the total package that I have since gone back and purchased every single DLC in the steam store, including the new (and not on sale) Ready To Race pack. For me, it was 'shut up and take my money'.

I've owned the game about 12 days and already it has shot up to #28 on my Steam all-time most played (by hours) list. I have since discovered AC Content Manager and the utterly stunning array of mods available. I have not been so obsessed with anything since Skyrim.

Thank you Kunos, for this masterpiece. Thanks for a sim that perfectly checks all the right boxes and for making an incredible sim that is both reasonably priced (downright cheap in steam sales) and respectful of single-player racers. Thanks for allowing an amazing mod community.

I'm in love!

3dchips, sissydriver, myimac and 4 others like this.
  5. lelinuxien52

lelinuxien52 Racer

Assetto is great. Love kunos. Last version is very good. Thx

6. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Thanks guys, once again I'm spilling out money because AC keeps pushing my interest in simracing!

Todays purchase:

[​IMG]

Whitestar, Maxidyne and TheReaper GT like this.
  7. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

After more then 1500 hours with AC I continue to have drive it, racing it, play it and continue to having great fun. Each car has so much to explore, is it road or racing, that I believe it will take me at least another 1500 hour to be able to tell that I’m able to truly know them all.

8. tuuliaki

tuuliaki Rookie

Ha! This thread is like just for me. I've been away from AC for about a year now, and WOW... was I surprised when trying it after a long time:cool: Assetto Corsa in it's present shape is probably the best race car driving simulator for PC at the moment. The driving feeling is unbelievably true!!! Thank you Kunos guys, your work shines above others!

marty73 likes this.
  9. djadlib

djadlib Gamer

I signed up for the early access Assetto Corsa only to be able to drive the Ferrari 458. Than you brought me the awesome LaFerrari and the Nordschleife. And now the 330 P4 and the 250 GTO!! Thank you Kunos, thank you Aristoteles, thank you for thinking just like me. And now I'm gonna take my new 488GTB for a few fun laps.
    My only request: do the Alfa Romeo GTV (1996 model) an understated car that deserves credit. I know Ihave one of those!

Attached Files:

10. TTM

TTM Alien

Damn, Ferrari 70th dlc pack is just awesome. Hopefully this is the last dlc for AC1, because there is no way how you can do things any better. ;) Thank you very much Kunos, now i have to start AC again and drive some more laps around tracks with "new" Ferrari cars.

Jim Layhee likes this.
  11. jlung

jlung Rookie

Many Many thanks for the new Ferrari's. Love them all. Great.
    I would love to see more pack's in the future.
    Assetto Corsa makes my Day.
    Every Day.

12. Thankyou kunos for your swansong dlc.

13. TheRealJuralumin

TheRealJuralumin Simracer

Thank you Kunos for the outstanding Ferrari pack! Blasting around Monza in the F2004 is just amazing!

14. phil

phil Alien

Thank you to all the team, for this superb release once again !!!!

The FERRARI 67 312/67 on the NORDSCHLEIFE + OCULUS is an amazing exprience !!!!!

312_.jpg

Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
    Cote Dazur likes this.
  15. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

Thank you for the Ferrari DLC and the update, AC is an amazing driving simulator.

16. Yes, thank you again for the updates and top shelf DLC......Also, you might like to know that as of this moment, Assetto Corsa is STILL the ultimate driving simulator.

Good marketing is evil. (cough* Pcars2, cough*)

17. Salajutsu

Salajutsu Hardcore Simmer

Thank you Kunos for the amazing Ferrari DLC. Blown away entirely. The sounds are music, I've listened to many cars with a camera set near pits and just let it play.
    It's been the most immersive experience in any gaming immersive immersion. It's immersive. Except, the most.
    Now with VR, it came to life 5-fold, and with this DLC, and previous packs of quality, it just keeps getting more engaging :)

phil likes this.
  18. I would also like to thank Kunos for not only making the best driving sim ever (on PC IMO as well) but also the latest console patch was awesome. Adding not only custom button mapping, but making it and all controller related settings available even while on track. Something I think all sims could learn from. When you're messing with controller settings, the way you find the best setting is by driving right? So why wouldn't you want to have it a mere button press away, rather than having to wait 15- 90 seconds to load the track each time? Such a good thing to add to the sim. Not to mention adding cockpit view adjustment and custom championships were also welcome additions to the console version as well.

Sometimes it's the little stuff that goes under appreciated, but not for me. Convenience often makes a huge difference for me which is why I usually play on my PS4 instead of my PC.

19. Dark Lotus

Dark Lotus Rookie

I really enjoy the dedication this team puts into this game an with its constant new content its just keeps getting more fun. This is the racing game i have eber played . Keep up the good work guys ✌

20. Starfoxy550

Starfoxy550 Rookie

Hello Kunos team and forum members.

Just signing in to say thanks for the awesome sim.

I was an early access supporter, I bought in not even having a pc powerful enough to even to boot AC up, but it still sits there lonely in my steam account. :)

Knowing I had supportted the team behind the also excellent netkar pro in a new creation was pleasure enough. To this day I still haven't played my pc copy, but I will, hopefully before AC2, maybe... lol

Eventually I bought the Xbox version also. Being an advocate and very vocal about a Console release of AC, I had no option or hesitation but to buy. I'm currently up-to-date with all dlc (I rarely buy dlc) and am enjoying the heck out of it with Tx/G920 wheels. Well worth the wait and the money.

Long story made short. Thanks for the game guys, it's great. I appreciate the effort and hope you didn't have to sell your souls for a console release (Stefano looks happy enough on his guitar recently, so I guess we're all good:D). Looking forward to new content/games and will continue to support where I can.

Regards

SF

Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
    liakjim likes this.