1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic 1.03 Update/impression?

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by iwanchek, Sep 29, 2016.

1. Larryf1951

Larryf1951 Hardcore Simmer

Easy, bro. Was just saying I see your name a lot. Not busting your chops. :)

2. zero71

zero71 Rookie

I'm loving this. I loved it before the patch but since the patch, once you get the controls feeling to your liking, it's just ace. I still find the more road going cars which carry lots of lock to be a bit more of a challenge than I'd like, but the vast majority of cars handle really nicely. I can't go back to PCars now - it just feels off. It's a shame there's no leaderboards or private lobbies - but I still find myself playing this, and only this.

Have they updated the hotlap times on the special events? I feel like I am closer to reaching the lofty goal of Bronze now - having never been close before. Or am I just getting faster?

LeDude83 likes this.
  3. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

True in fact yeah. Anyway, important that everyone knows Kunos aren't your typical "money grab, fix critical bugs & vanish" game studio. At least if PC version is any indicator, they are in this for the long haul. Private servers should be IMO next.

4. Here is my after update settings :

Speed sensitivity : 80%
    Steering speed : 5% ( or less )
    Deadzone : 10%
    Steering filter : 0% ( play around with this one to find a good set )
    Gamma : 2.0 for me

Don't Forget to note your old settings, in case you don't like mines :)

Let me know! Cheers

Dying_Snail likes this.
  5. onepueblo

onepueblo Simracer

They did, I checked the impossible one and the hardest ones, they were 2 or even 3.5 second slower, aliens are not needed anymore. The gra event with the m30 a Silverstone is now 2.23 2 second slower, the f40 now can do a safe 2 minutes flat at Mugello instead 1.56.5 !!! I'm pleased I achieved the impossible before the patch.. but now life is easier, didn't check the drift scores yet. I'm a little sad about that but at the end of the day it's good for everyone to be possible to complete the whole thing.

Skemekos123 likes this.
  6. Skemekos123

Skemekos123 Racer

Have you updated your wheel since you bought it? Maybe your wheel has old firmware or something?

Matt White likes this.
  7. Skemekos123

Skemekos123 Racer

It's ALWAYS been like that since release. It's annoying as hell lol

8. protonv5

protonv5 Racer

So I express that I am having problems with the game and that makes me a troll and so according to you no-one should listen to me.
    Game sucks now for me dude. Since the update. Thanks for YOUR help.

9. Bibbles

Bibbles Simracer

How does the game suck for you now fella ?
    Explain your issues and maybe some of us can help .

Skemekos123 likes this.
  10. Is it just me or did they turn down the anti aliasing? Seems like there's more shimmering now. Honestly, I'll revert back to the unpatched AC for a while if that's the case. The shimmering was bad enough to begin with, turning it down is the worst thing they could've done.

Hope I'm just crazy, and wrong.

11. protonv5

protonv5 Racer

Thanks for asking, unlike some others on here....
    After the update the cars slide around like they're on ice. The game was real good. The only problem I had was that I couldn't keep up with the AI. I didn't have a chance. They were way faster than me, no matter what I drove. Now after the update I can keep up even pass them, but the car slides so much that I can't put the power down. When I enter/exit a corner I just slide all over the place, traction control or not, then the AI just give me a tap and I'm spun around again for the 800th time.
    I've been messing with the controller settings, which has helped, but it's like a different game now. I'm really not sure why Kunos did this. What was so hard to simply slow down the AI a bit? The whole game had to change?

12. Private servers will destroy an already small online community. Don't do it Kunos.

13. You don't know what you are talking about. They changed the controller algorithms, not the physics so stop talking crap about driving on ice. The physics have not be changed whatsoever. As Arnold would say, STOP WHINING lol.

Skemekos123 likes this.
  14. That's great news. I don't know how you got even close to them before.

The drift scores are the same I think. Unfortunatley so are the quick races, still need to beat alien for gold which is complete BS.

The thing with the drift scores is they're just time consuming, not hard.

15. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Not a problem on PC but maybe there's more players on PC. You have source for actual player amounts? In my opinion leagues can't happen without private servers, and leagues are very much a community. But if there is not enough owners of the game, then could be a problem.

16. I think they can. Everyone has a R3 button so it's easy to kick players when they join, and players can't join during races. I don't have exact numbers, all I know is when I go online, people are either drifting or on stupid trackdays.

And btw, private servers do ruin online racing on PC, not on AC but definitely on rf2 and Automobilista.

17. TitzonToast

TitzonToast Simracer

It's custom lobbies people really want, with the option to make them private for league races etc.

18. TitzonToast

TitzonToast Simracer

How is that horrible reply gonna help the chap at all?
    He's saying that the cars are sliding around for him, not anyone else.

MartyBook likes this.
  19. It's a control issue not a physics issue, that was my point and making him realize that is how I was helping him.

Plus, him talking ignorant crap about Assetto Corsa is a lot more horrible than me writing a virtual *****slap message to him.

And now that I reread it, I didn't say anything remotely bad to him. The strongest thing I said was that he didn't know what he was talking about, which was true, and I ended with a joke and a LOL. How is that horrible? lol

Skemekos123 likes this.
  20. TitzonToast

TitzonToast Simracer

If I was you, I would either start experimenting with the controller settings yourself, or try out lots of different settings posted up by other users here or on GTplanet perhaps.
    There has to be a setting that will suit you somewhere.
    Maybe do a database rebuild of your PS4 or a reinstall, it couldn't hurt. I know PCars needed it done sometimes after patches and what not.
    I'm not saying this game needs that, but sure try it anyway.
    Good luck.

Mattbeastblood likes this.