1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

1.11 and PP3 Impressions

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by ALB123, Dec 20, 2016.

1. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

carbon, but there isn't much of a difference. just a little bit of less weight on the brakes and less inertia on them. the brake capability is virtually the same

2. xystof

xystof Hardcore Simmer

Thank you Aris :) I'm in love with the 718 S. Thanks that you guys got it with the manual - it would be a hell less fun with the PDK.

3. David Wright

David Wright Hardcore Simmer

Porsche have been very generous with releasing technical data to authors, and there are some excellent books available on the 917. I bought the books partly as researching this period of motor sport has become a bit of a hobby, and partly to support the Power & Glory Mod. Although I bought a copy of AC some time ago I don't currently own a PC which will run it. I do intend to finally replace my WinXP gaming PC after Christmas and then I will let you know.

4. Dennis S.

Dennis S. Racer

I am pretty sure I spent most of my AC time with the Huayra at Mugello, Hypercar Road tyres and TC off... It finally feels a lot more like it used to in the "earlier" days just a bit more controllable, really really nice. I simply can't stop driving that combo, even if it tries to kill you with every touch to the throttle :cool:

On a side note though the turbo sound/whine has an "extreme" on/off sound now, there is no real fade in/out of that sound. Not sure if something on my end is causing it, anyone else experiencing it?

5. Orne

Orne Alien

The 911R in AC is in sport mode, is this why auto blip can't be disabled ?

6. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Why is auto blip necessary? If you want auto stuff buy the DSG/PDK... I'm a DSG fan but I can understand why people buy manual, it seems Porsche don't.

From posts on petrolhead sites Porsche's autoblip doesn't even work that well.

7. 1.11.3
    - Fixed new damage formulas not considering wings with negative cl
    - Fixed damage wrong influence on drag
    - Fixed damage wrong influence on vertical wings (fins)
    - Corrected driver model on Porsche 911R

8. driver model for 911 GT3 R 2016 is still incorrect.

9. Infectonator

Infectonator Racer

Im having a hard time adjusting my driving style to the new GT3 cars. Low aero and hard front is not working for me anymore.

All cars seem to have lost some rear grip, but can be the new inertia/physics acting on my setups. Also FFB seems to be lighter and a bit loose on recovery (can also be the inertia).

nate likes this.
  10. Old setups don't seem to be working well for GT3 cars.

nate likes this.
  11. JusTiCe8

JusTiCe8 Racer

Tried he new update and the 911 GT3 cup today, the new tyres just looks like to make the fast and quite expensive cars more like they are supposed/assumed to be (but I'm not the best to judge on this) : not just 100% throttle and 100% brake everywhere, turning from time to time.

Before, the Cayman GT4 CS just feel like to be glued on track and super easy to drive, now, I believe more it's a driver duty and driving skill need to be learn accumulating countless laps. It's fun to feel the car moving around and needed work and feeling to achieve decent lap time. I remember people almost complaining one of the Lotus doesn't spin easily, I haven't tried yet but my experience with some Japanese cars (RX-7 tuned, MX-5 and Supra RZ Drift) let me think it won't be the case any more. I also feel a lot more the effect of negative lift from the wing.

Great job Kunos, that's quite an impressive Christmas present ! Thanks to all.

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  12. Orne

Orne Alien

Does the GT3 RS feel like it doesnt have enough downforce to anyone ? After driving the 911R exclusively since it was released. I recently went back to the GT3 RS and to me it feels less planted than the 911R, which of course makes no sense. GT3 RS slides around a lot more than the 911R in the corners. Even when I max the rear spoiler out and the front air dam the car never feels anymore planted

13. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I just drove it now and it felt less tail happy than 911r to me. Is it faster with 1.11 or is it just me? I got my last record with a couple of seconds and didnt really try to push it.

14. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Quite the opposite. RS feels planted.
    R is the best modern road car for me.
    In Barcelona I was a second slower with her though but boy , what a blast!
    Turbo was another second slower.

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Cote Dazur likes this.
  15. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

Credit where credit is due, the sound of the 917K is truly awesome. I just want to spend the whole session downshifting.

16. aphidgod

aphidgod Alien

Careful posting from there, you might let something slip! (I'm just jealous. I tried to get inside one once too, but I couldn't because it was locked.)

I'll stop there. I'm really sorry. :oops:

17. Berry

Berry Alien

I think your placebo is acting strong, look at the high-speed corners on the Nordschleife, the 911R has better aero balance, but a lot less downforce, where I do feel the 911R has an advantage are gear ratios and the way the differential works, puts power down better.The lap time order seems to be GT3 RS>Turbo S>911R.

18. Xenix

Xenix Simracer

I wanted to test some cars today but the 911 R did not let me get off again. Kunos you crazy! You can not sell drugs! :eek:

So now I will terminate my work, send my wife and children to my grandmother, eat my dog, and never get out of these cars again.:mad::p:D

It took a long time until I say this but I am also shy:
    kunos..........i love you!:cool:

19. Orne

Orne Alien

Hmmmm. I am testing on Sp237, which is tight and twisty. Not placebo, definitely less planted. Perhaps its my driving style. Hmmmm

Is there an app that will compare lap times from different cars? Max speed in each corner, etc ? That would be the ideal way to see whats going on, brain can easily be tricked and overwhelmed with too much sensory data, ha!

Might be the gear ratios in the GT3 RS vs. the 911R. Good point! Hmmm

Last edited: Dec 25, 2016
  20. TDS

TDS Alien

just one heads up @Aristotelis with new core tire physics some v7 tires cars have the rear end too loose, lotus 49 for example has changed the rear grip a lot at least with cold tires. Cheers merry xmas!

hilde86 likes this.