1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

MULTIPLAYER 1.2 - Competition Server changes

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Minolin, Nov 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. f.e.negroni

f.e.negroni Racer

Quote from first page:

For races with more than 60 minutes duration, we will limit the driver stint time to at least 65 minutes. This means you do not have to do anything except resetting your stint time by entering the pitlane.

New tyres might not be needed but fuel most likely after 80 minutes

Berry, Nox and Dewald Nel like this.
  2. Nox

Nox Racer

ahh ok Thanks

3. Berry

Berry Alien

Well that's disappointing, I was hoping for a driver swap race, is that not possible at all in public lobbies?

Thanks for the info.

4. Nox

Nox Racer

public lobbies? i think No

CP Race? i hope in the future :)

5. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

Hi @Minolin
    I don't know if someone already ask for this... Anyway, is quite obvious that the CP servers are working in a better way now with this kind of schedule.

So, Will be possible to have or to see that ingame in some menu, rather than come back to the forum and check for scheduled races?

I mean, is this in the future plan if this experimental phase will be "approved" ?
    Thanks

david m likes this.
  6. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

another one.
    I'd like to race tonight's endurance, but it's a single race, there will be so many drivers and i already know that i will not have any chance to enter into the server. We already know reasons behind this...

But will be possible to follow this race somewhere?
    @MrGit@Twitch do you will race?

7. MrGit@Twitch

MrGit@Twitch Hardcore Simmer

Yea, I'll be racing along with quite a few from my community too, mike/felix/ratz+more will most likely be streaming, so there's bound to be someone in every spilt to follow/watch, aside from everyone being in voice chat giving words of encouragement.. aka trying to put each other off. :D

Last edited: Jan 5, 2020
    Dewald Nel and GRFOCO like this.
  8. eracerhead

eracerhead Hardcore Simmer

As I understand it, the system assigns a likelihood that you will finish ahead of lower ranked players, even if they qualified ahead of you. If you do, you get say 1-2* points. If you finish further ahead of more drivers, that will be worth more points.

Finishing where you are expected to would probably be zero points, and lower than expected takes points away from you.

The trick is, there are only so many points available* per race, and these are distributed among all competitors, all of whom have their own assigned rank and are being evaluated as above. It’s a complex system, and so it’s not going to be “finish in 4th, get x points”.

*I have no idea what the actual scale is.

9. Nox

Nox Racer

10. xX-Chris-Xx

xX-Chris-Xx Gamer

2h Race Registration full try again later!!! is it just me ore the same prob like last time???

11. Mach77

Mach77 Racer

same for me. registration full. same for friday with Brands Hatch. I have an SA of 78, racecraft of 70 and CP of 58. I never ever got rejected apart from the bug that happened before. now, 2 time since it's meant to be fixed

12. f.e.negroni

f.e.negroni Racer

My wildest guess is that CP servers are now more popular and there aren’t enough servers. ‍♂️

13. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

If i'm not wrong, there's only one race today in CP server. To me it's clear that only few guys can run this evening, cause all the racing's requests are for the same race.

Knowing this, i haven't even tried to enter. I was expecting a full list.
    Good for Kunos and for us that multy is more populated, and that more guys want runs into cp servers. But if this is the trend, kunos should add some more server cause if they reject players when players comes, it's almost useless improve the game and try to make it more popular.

Imho

Last edited: Jan 5, 2020
    Batch and f.e.negroni like this.
  14. Dewald Nel

Dewald Nel Hardcore Simmer

It said Server 2/3 in the server I was in, so it seems there were 3.

15. Milthael

Milthael Rookie

I managed to join the race, SA 92 CP 0. Only my third race on the competition server, I was rejected three times in a row during the week which probably increased my chances to join this time.

I was on server 3/3, full grid at the start but only 11 drivers finished which is a shame since I'm sure there are lots of rejected drivers that would have actually finished the race no matter the result. I haven't watched the replay but 1 or 2 drivers were disqualifed for speeding in pitlane or track limits, the rest probably ragequitted or just left, most of them left quite early in the race. Maybe would be a good idea to implement automatic rejection for a few races for drivers leaving a competition race, in addition to the cut in CP rating leavers get (as described in the first post), just to get more drivers to actually finish the races.

Overall it was a very nice experience, would love more 2h endurance races.

stephen_b, Kopiller and f.e.negroni like this.
  16. f.e.negroni

f.e.negroni Racer

It does infuriate me when drivers rage quit. Unfortunately I’m not sure the system is able to determine if the network connection dropped mid race.

17. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Hardcore Simmer

The quit rate is much lower than regular MP though which is an improvement. I quit a CP session yesterday as I was concentrating on something else, didn't put my pit limiter on while exiting the pits in qualifying and got disqualified (this is the first time I've quit one) and I lost something like 32 ELO and 8 CP, so it's a huge hit to your ratings if you quit. I was spewing as it was at Spa and it would have served as a good practise race ahead of the Spa 2.4 hour league race I have tonight.

Out of interest if you get DQ in qualifying, can you start the race from the back? Or are you disqualified from the whole weekend?

18. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

If it didn't change, you start from the back.

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A5010 mediante Tapatalk

19. Neilski

Neilski Alien

Anyone know if that's documented somewhere? (It really should be, given the impact on CP rating that quitting seems to have. Most people, with that knowledge, would happily start from the back.)

20. lordpatou

lordpatou Simracer

Why should you be DQ for the race if you messed up during qualy ?