1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

MULTIPLAYER 1.2 - Competition Server changes

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Minolin, Nov 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

That's not correct. There is a protection so refresh will only launch one request every x seconds (keep in mind that a refresh, change of value or entering this).
    If the response is "full", it's meant like that - nothing to do with not refreshing quick enough, you have up to 5 minutes time for the whole process.

I see we somehow should make this clear in the UI.

manu68 likes this.
  2. Minolin

No, not because of the CP Rating value. For the distribution towards servers we only use the Elo number which hasn't changed. If you end up on split 3 (or 5 = rejected), it's because so many have a higher Elo rating. Keep trying and winning and you will eventually be a regular of split 1 or 2.

Again I understand that any effort to make it really good just ends up in a situation where users look at the issue, see something they don't understand (or more precise can't understand because of hidden complexity) and come to the conclusion it's **** or broken. Sadly we can only approach this by making things more straight-forward, even if it's a clear reduction in quality. We've done a lot of those during the project, and each time it hurts :(

Shaddix and martcerv like this.
  3. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

Mino can you tell me 2 words about the problem i've had? (Some message above).

Is there something i can do in such situations?

4. Minolin

There were 106 registrations, and 100 slots to fill. So we had to select 100 out of 106 drivers who would (in total) bring out the best result, which means we had to reject 6 of them. You've been one, there's nothing you can do except
    - try again next time
    - increase SA (though this is possibly something I have to change, doesn't make the races better but the matching strategy is more straight-forward)
    - increase CP (or more precise the Elo value behind)

Dookie likes this.
  5. Dewald Nel

Dewald Nel Hardcore Simmer

Taken out in both the 60 and the 45 minute races. And the second driver that took me out, is registered as "Predator Jock" and his team name is "Wankers Racing" - no way to even find the real people since many register with these fake names. The punishment for deliberate/100% avoidable contact is not nearly severe enough. I am already starting to just let guys past because they keep being way too optimistic on the brakes behind and then shoot off into the runoffs, nearly taking 3 or 4 people out.

6. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Hardcore Simmer

Any chance this race is logged? Still no bar/ELO logged in my ratings.

7. Hey @Minolin
    just had a CP Race at Hungaroring. And there was one guy, blocking 2 drivers many laps, he is getting blue flags all the time. And when i try to pass him, he blocked my also off the Track.
    The drivers Name is "D. Freudenberg". I was not the only one who was blocked. it happened in the first half of the race, starting in Lap 7, he pushed me off track in lap 9 and we got rid of him in lap 13, where he before pushed off another guy and then i was able to overtake him.

He called us an idiot.... and so on.

I can send you the replay file, or upload to a filesharing tool if you want. I can send you the link via PM.

8. DennisF89

DennisF89 Rookie

Hi,
    I got another question regarding the CP-rating.
    So I‘ve read here that the CP value should have been updated recently, but I have driven about 5 CP races since the update und mostly placed somewhere in the first third. Most of the time I‘m on the second server and in the last race I placed third, but my CP-Rating just remains 0 and on the rating page there are always only 2 bars from I think quite some time ago. Is there a bug with my rating or why isn’t it updating?

9. Cp Rating is broken atm. It is correctly Recorded but not shown as far as i know.

@DennisF89 Are you D. Freudenberg? If yes,what was wrong with you in the Last race?

DennisF89 likes this.
  10. eracerhead

eracerhead Hardcore Simmer

Just registered for the 2nd US race tonight, and when the countdown to free practice ended and I got the "Please refresh" notice, I waited a few seconds and then clicked on the "Refresh Data" button. Is this what we're supposed to do? Because even though I was registered, I then got the red screen saying "Registration full" and therefore was not granted a space in that race*. By hitting "Refresh Data", did I remove the registration? Because if so, then it's really not clear what we're supposed to do when asked to refresh. Why is this step necessary anyway? Why can't I just click to enter, once the timer expires? I'd just like to know, as again it's not clear what the next step really should be. Most of the times I've raced on CP servers, I just back out to the main screen and come back to the multiplayer window, even though that doesn't seem logical either. Some guidance here would be appreciated.

*P.s.: Don't we have more than one server in the US? Can't believe there were really over 25 drivers, as I haven't seen that yet. But still, would be nice to have some overflow in that event...

11. Minolin

No.
    What happened is that only 9 people registered, which is below the "reasonable split size" threshold, and thus no servers opened up. No splits = all servers full, sadly I have no other error message.
    I should remove this for the first split, and possibly lower the numbers in general by region. Looks like EU and US have pretty much opposite problems

Cucumber_86 and kingkabong like this.
  12. eracerhead

eracerhead Hardcore Simmer

I see. Understandable that you (and we) want the servers to have a certain minimum number in order to be at least some fun.

Too bad our numbers aren’t better over here; the 9pm server was the same story. Maybe it was the track; not a lot of love for Hungaroring, although I quite like it. Or maybe Sundays are just slow...

13. Wolf WolfZ

Wolf WolfZ Gamer

Not a severe problem as Australian Region , No servers at all. :(

14. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

Reading this thread I see following problems it should be worked at:
    - not enough servers in EU
    - too high minimum player limit to open a server
    - Australia no servers at all
    - when you are told to refresh data, refreshing data does just nothing. Instead you must leave MP menu:confused:
    Why aren't the data refreshed automatically and you just have to enter?
    - CP isn't showing up after the race

15. Captain Barracuda

Can you see the US one? I'm in Melbourne and have been racing on the US server. My pings aren't as good as local obviously (getting 190-200ms) but the netcode is dealing very well with it, even with other players with similar pings. I can only race them on weekends as the races occur between 10am-2pm but it's better than nothing and a big improvement on what we had available to us before. Plus the guys racing in the US servers aren't jerks so that's a huge bonus over public MP :D

eracerhead, david m and XettMan like this.
  16. Captain Barracuda

Is really good to see over 100 registrations in the EU servers though, it's been a slow burn for us forum regulars to see a revamp of the CP servers and I like the direction they're taking. The main issues for the Australian guys I league race with is half of us can't see the US CP servers and the timezone of the scheduled races, but one step at a time. I'm one of the lucky ones who can both see them and can make midday races on weekends so it works for me :D

Wolf WolfZ likes this.
  17. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

Maybe Kunos should think about a subscription model to guarantee everybody that wants to join a CP server can join it.
    Neither all europeans, nor all americans and australians can join the servers everytime they would like to.

They need to scale. Now during christmas holiday it seems every evening the ratings don't show up because of bottleneck at the back end.

Wolf WolfZ likes this.
  18. Tobias Queck

Tobias Queck Racer

I think it would be better to give the user more information about whats going on and not hide the complexity ;) Maybe a simple live counter of how many people are registering (maybe plus the names) and how&why (see the rating/elo behind it) they are splitted into the different tiers would make this way more understandable for users.

Unfortunately i have to say that IMO it is totally normal that people come to the conclusion CP rating is ****ed when like in my case the CP rating changes either not at all although i have done many races, or the rating changes 3 times in 2 days from 58 to 26 to 68 without racing much and races not showing up in the rating UI or the rating not loading at all... :-(

But still i like to race on the CP servers as all racing experiences i had on there were top notch!

One more question: Is it possible to somehow reconnect to the server in practice/quali if i have a game crash/disconnect?

R. Iván and XettMan like this.
  19. DennisF89

DennisF89 Rookie

Ok, then I‘ll just wait until this is fixed :)
    No....I‘m D. Franke, so you need to be mad at someone else :D

Daniel Franken likes this.
  20. manu68

manu68 Gamer

Thanks for your information on that.
    I just shared my own user's experience.
    I don't have your deep knowledge of the all system

Wolf WolfZ likes this.