1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

1.9 anti wrecker feature

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by martcerv, Oct 26, 2016.

1. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Havent seen anyone else mention the new anti wrecker feature. In the server setup there is now a setting to kick after contact with a set number of cars in the same km. By default this is off at 0 and I have tried 4 on my servers. This may possibly kick some guys caught in t1 chaos but maybe it will also help people not be so nuts at t1.

It should easily deal with a wrecker blatantly parking and wrecking which really isnt an issue on my MR AB or ABC servers but this setting may eliminate the worst guys and allow more ABC servers to run.

I may even experiment with N Grade again to test this feature out.

OliW, MrDeap, alex72 and 6 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room AC "anti-rollbar stock setting" VS real life cars "anti-rollbar stock setting" Mar 16, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting UE2-AC2 Fatal Error [on startup] after v1.8.3 hotfix update [Resolved: antivirus] Nov 28, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions xbox series s just restocked in microsoft store if any one is wanting one. Jul 7, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting acc crash at start up [userdocs/config folder permissions / antivirus software exception] Jun 6, 2021
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues ACC´s anti aliasing still looks very ugly.. Jan 22, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Doesn´t create file in documents [Antivirus blocking access] Jan 5, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Fatal error UE4-AC2 when launching [antivirus software block userdocs config directory access] Oct 30, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting Problems with crashes and freezes [thirdparty anticheat software & steam overlay] Oct 17, 2020
    ACC Virtual Reality New RTX 3000 include dlss 3.0 with support for Temporary Antialiasing May 7, 2020
    ACC Physics Audi R8 Evo anti stall bug? Mar 6, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting Crash on startup [antivirus/security software blocking access to userdocs] Feb 14, 2020
    ACC Physics Low-speed physics and antistall/throttle cut behaviour Feb 3, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting UE4-AC2 Crash on launch [BitDefender/Antivirus settings preventing file creation on startup] Jan 10, 2020
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Can't Start a Race or a Benchmark [BitDefender/Antivirus blocking acs.exe] Dec 30, 2019
    Chit Chat Room Is there any anti cheat better than AC's? Oct 1, 2019

3. A person won't get kicked unless they exceed the incident per kilo ratio three times, so accidental booting shouldn't be too much of an issue.

Mr Nice likes this.
  4. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Is that per session? If it gives 3 chances then maybe we can even lower that number. Most multi car incidents will happen at the start of the race for regular drivers. Wreckers will do this regularly though and normally dont even complete a single lap.

Would this mean that if it was set to 4 and someone in the same km hit 12 people they would be kicked. Or does it have to be 3 different km in which case many actual wreckers likely dont even run that many km so it would likely keep them in.

5. I think it resets at each kilo driven, but I will try to get confirmation on that tomorrow.

6. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

Since it's an automatic feature, it would be laughable to see an user getting kicked out by his own server.

Mr Nice likes this.
  7. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I think those logged in as admin cant be kicked, but I think in this case admins should be kickable anyway. If they set this feature then they should not be immune from it. :D

It would be good to get some official info regarding how this works. The info Michael has provided is useful but maybe only @Lord Kunos knows exactly how it works as he most likely coded it.

8. colombianomd

colombianomd Racer

Hopefully the wreckers don't read this thread

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Mr Nice and JusTiCe8 like this.
  9. it's very very unlikely that "legit" players will ever even see the warning for this system.
    But yes, because it's automatic I had to be very careful and went with a 3 step warning, pit, ban system because last thing I want to do is grief legit players. Sadly this also opens the door to the possibility that some smart wrecker can figure out the actual ratio and how much road he needs to cover before he can strike again and cheat the system.
    But it should take care of most monkeys that join an online server, realize they are 15 seconds off the pace and feel the need to cure their ego by spending the next 30 minutes ruining it for the rest of the players.

WilliamRiker, fabT, OliW and 33 others like this.
  10. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

That's what worries me. Because the way quite a few servers seem to be set up, they will leave this at 0 and thus not benefit from the new wrecker protection.

OliW and SMOKING__MONKEY3 like this.
  11. lelinuxien52

lelinuxien52 Racer

You're f**king right ! 120 minutes of practice, 25 of qualification and race ruined by wreckers... often appears even on Minorating A or B servers :/

12. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Is this something you can change a little bit with each patch? I dont mean to remake the whole code but just change a couple of numbers in the code so its not the same but not much different to demand a lot of work on it. Just an idea to make it harder for people that know exactly how much they can crash others. :) I dont know coding so it might sound easier to me than it actually is to implement.

13. the server admin can choose whatever number they want.

alex72, Vel, SMOKING__MONKEY3 and 3 others like this.
  14. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Thats great! That make it possible for server owners to change it if they notice that people abusing it and different servers will probably use different numbers to begin with. :)

15. Sleeper Service

Sleeper Service Hardcore Simmer

A welcome addition to the coding and, I would venture, a tough thing to get right.... if that's at all possible. I guess one mans wrecker is another mans aggressive driver and vice versa ;) I'm torn nearly every time I venture online particularly when it comes to trying to defend a position. I sometimes make a decision that the guy trying to overtake surely knows he's too far back and I will then concentrate on taking the fastest line, turning in from wide, aiming at the apex and then getting on the power to exit as quick as possible, only to find that said opponent still heads up the inside as they know they have a "buffer" to help them out. Maybe I underestimate the braking capabilities of the cars and some of my opponents but it's always too easy to start ranting about someone being a wrecker when you get punted off or pit maneuvered on a regular basis :(

I think that the fact that Minolin AB only servers are generally not so well populated comes from the fact that a lot of people still see AC as a game and not necessarily a simulator, and maybe that's part of my problem too. Personally simulation isn't just about the physics and includes stuff like attitude, understanding of the "rules" and the fact that some of the things some folks try to pull in the game would have such dire consequences in real life.

All in all I'm happy that Kunos are thinking about stuff like this. Hopefully it'll get some of the punters - pun intended - thinking along the same lines :cool:

16. daniel.13

daniel.13 Hardcore Simmer

So just to clarify. If I set anti wrecker to 5 in my server.cfg, a player would need to collide 4 more times within the same kilometre as the initial touch to receive a warning?

Is it also possible to set distance? Say for league racing, a 40 lap race may be a few hundred kilometres, can we allow say 10 touches over 50km to receive a warning?

17. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I dont think its really intended for league racing just for pub server wrecker types, in a league you can fairly easily get contact stats from sessions and if someone is a little excessive they can be spoken to after an admin sees a replay. I'm fairly sure if someone was actually wrecking in a league race they would be kicked and banned fairly quickly unlikely to ever get a race there again. ;) I cant say I have ever seen anyone wreck in a league race or even do any blatant retaliation type stuff you see often at public servers even higher grade MR at times. More open servers though are quite a pain even if the majority are good it only takes one or 2 bad eggs to ruin it for everyone else. This is hopefully able to get rid of these people from the server even if an admin isnt present, even with admins in a pub server thats busy lots can happen they will never see so some sort of automated system to get rid of the complete menaces is always welcome.

OliW and Gunja like this.
  18. daniel.13

daniel.13 Hardcore Simmer

Thanks for the quick reply. Just a curiosity on the league thing! Looks like I could have done with this yesterday. Set up a Porsche gt4 Zandvoort server. Got full pretty quick, had one guy who was pretty fast leading the race but defended way to hard, people called him on it after the race and he started throwing abuse at everyone, had to kick him in the end. What could have been an automated warning turned into a ban for that guy. I'll set this feature for tonight and try to avoid a repeat of this!

19. F2kSel

F2kSel Racer

Does it kick the one bumping or the one being bumped or both?

It could lead to a lot of brake testing.

20. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

As the question of who´s fault it was can often hardly be answered in racing, I´d guess both get penalized. Usually it is indeed at least partially the fault of both drivers, as with most cars, contact should be avoided if possible.

21. Snoopy

Snoopy Alien

There's no way to differentiate malicious from non-malicious bumping.