1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

About steam workshop

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by jairov96, Oct 21, 2014.

1. jairov96

jairov96 Racer

So... the 1.0 has arrivedm it takes a lot of good things, but I specially miss one: Steam Workshop.

Why? Because it's a easy way to install mods, and a very easy way to distribute the updates by the modders.

Okay, user can actually do it manually, but c'mon, Steam Workshop it's one of the things I most love on Steam for all the games that support that. It's a plus that every good game should have.

Well, so I'm going to ask now: It Steam Workshop on the game plans?

Thank you! :)

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room 1.2: steam workshop? Jul 27, 2015
    Chit Chat Room An idea for steam workshop Apr 26, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Steam workshop priority? Mar 25, 2015
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Steam workshop update? Mar 23, 2015
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Steam workshop? Jan 9, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Opinions on the lamborghini licensing & steam workshop support in spring Dec 31, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Steam Workshop for share setups, skins or apps Dec 28, 2013
    Suggestions Driving Licence mode (mby also wth steam workshop) Nov 17, 2013
    General modding discussion Steam Workshop Jun 15, 2013
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Game cancelled,DLL 'CSteamworks' can't load, no way lanuch Feb 23, 2024
    ACC Tools ACC will not recognise my Elgato steamdeck Feb 15, 2024
    Bug reports Anybody else having trouble with Steam's VR app? Jan 13, 2024
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Unable to Play Assetto Corsa on Steam due to Malicious code found by AV Jan 5, 2024
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Assetto Corsa won't launch thru steam Dec 19, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Steam License? Nov 27, 2023

3. Its been asked many times and the devs simply confirm it "may be added after 1.0"

4. Quffy

Quffy Alien

I guess it's not ready to be launched yet, neither for public testing.

5. jairov96

jairov96 Racer

I've read this many times.. And now it's 1.0!

Well, maybe some day by maybe the devs add it..

6. In fairness to the OP I wanted to return to this thread. I recently had to uninstall and re-install AC twice. Each time, I've lost all of my mods. In fact at one point AC support told me to remove all of my python apps in case they were causing a problem. Having Steam workshop would make the experience so much better.

1.) Easy re-installation of all skins, tracks, cars and other mods
    2.) Instant updates to the mods
    3.) Easy viewing of reviews / problems of mods

I love seeing some of the skins that have been produced for AC, the tracks too. But I've spent ages downloading them and then I've lost them all. Yes I could back them up etc but that only solves one of the problems. When mods are updated I dont know unless I constantly monitor every thread!

Please Kunos, you have already worked miracles on this game, for me Steam workshop would be amazing.

[RRRV] JuggernAlz likes this.
  7. jairov96

jairov96 Racer

This is exactly why having steam workshop is wonderful! :)

8. fioc

fioc Gamer

on multiplayer .it marco massarutto says how impressive is steam workshop..so i guess this opportunity is near

9. This feature was being tested by the beta users.

cooknn and jairov96 like this.
  10. jairov96

jairov96 Racer

Oh my, well, you made me a little bit happier.

11. poet

poet Hardcore Simmer

I just hope we don't see mods that only use Workshop.
    I'm a big boy, I can install Mods all by myself (and choose which versions I want).

12. jairov96

jairov96 Racer

Why you don't want non-workshop mods?

Workshop it's just a click&install way, and auto-update the mods (Maybe this isn't good at all for championsips).

But for everything else, workshop it's simply better

cooknn likes this.
  13. poet

poet Hardcore Simmer

Oh, I know, everyone wants more and more convenience these days. "Yes Sir, we have invented a bottom-wiping robot for you now".

I'd rather be master of what gets installed on my PC. I put up with Steam because I have to, but beyond that, don't want it messing with my games.
    Just go look at how many times it's wrecked peoples Race07 installs. Andy Priaulx mod anyone?

14. Big Engine

Big Engine Simracer

There is an italian interview made to the devs by multiplayer.it where the steam workshop is listed as an incoming feature

15. jairov96

jairov96 Racer

Have you tried Workshop for another games?

I hate to see diary if all of my mods (I used like 10 different sources) has been updated.. It's 5 minutes of wasted time.

With workshop I know what mods i've installed, what are the updates of the mods, what the people says about that mods, what the dev says to the people, and everything else. All in one source!!

Pd: My english isn't so good.. Sorry if some incomprehensible part

16. poet

poet Hardcore Simmer

Yes, I know what it is and how it works thanks. LOL.

Some people want convenience, some people want to be masters of their own shizzle.
    To each their own bud. :)

17. Not sure how Steam Workshop makes you no longer master of your pc, so to speak. You still decide what mods to download and you decide if you want them to auto-update or not. I would love for my mods to be auto-updated instead of every few days having to spend time checking on a few dozen different threads here along with a dozen or so other websites; I currently have about 150 tracks and the same amount of cars so checking for updates can be a bit time consuming.

jairov96 and mms like this.
  18. GTHQ_koop

GTHQ_koop Hardcore Simmer

This is exacly the reason I don't have any mods at this time, manual updating sucks :)

19. poet

poet Hardcore Simmer

I'm not against Workshop Michael, if people want it for themselves, that's cool.
    Just voicing my hope that modders continue to make their work available elsewhere and not just exclusively through Workshop, I'm sure most will anyway.

20. I'm sure they will; not really any reason not to.....of course there really won't be a reason to either.....

21. The only game I have used workshop for so far is skyrim and never had a problem.