1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

AC on PS VR?

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Discussions' started by Jony_850, Sep 2, 2016.

1. Jony_850

Jony_850 Rookie

anyone knows if AC will be playable with PS VR?

2. Warlock

Warlock Hardcore Simmer

...if they manage to get like 45 fps stable, then yes (60 even better).

But as far as I know, noone mentioned it up until now...

Cheers...

Jony_850 likes this.
  3. Mcleev

Mcleev Rookie

Jony_850 likes this.
  4. Warlock

Warlock Hardcore Simmer

...well, it is 45/60/90/120fps as far as I know... although Sony is aiming at 120fps... But developers can use trick to interpolate double fps if 45/60. Driveclub for example in VR is working on 45fps and lower resolution, yet render is at 90fps.

Cheers...

Jony_850 likes this.
  5. BistoKid

BistoKid Racer

WOW! I am stoked for this, I thought I was having to re-purchase Driveclub again for the VR experience since GT Sport was delayed until next year. If this is correct and they will patch in for the release of PSVR, people who are getting it are going to be so impressed with Kunos for this!!!

Last edited: Sep 3, 2016
  6. Skemekos123

Skemekos123 Racer

I will cry tears of joy if AC has PSVR support, and works well! Fingers crossed.

gabriel2706 and BistoKid like this.
  7. Warlock

Warlock Hardcore Simmer

Well, if the report from Digital Foundry about fps is true, AC can achieve 45fps, this means it can run at 90 fps without any problem...

Cheers...

BistoKid likes this.
  8. Mcleev

Mcleev Rookie

9. Warlock

Warlock Hardcore Simmer

Honestly, it doesn't matter if it is 90 or 120 for VR. Ofcourse, I'd rather have it at 60, so VR works at 120, but if tearing and stability is in question, bump it down to 45 and get stable 90 through VR and everybody is fine.

Cheers...

10. Skemekos123

Skemekos123 Racer

If all else fails(Sony not allowing anything less than 60fps, Kunos unable to improve the fps to a stable 60fps ect) theres always the possibility of PSVR support for AC on the Neo.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2016
  11. Mcleev

Mcleev Rookie

I realise 45fps would be ok, however if SONY have a rule that it must be 60, then unless Kunos can hit a stable 60fps, SONY won't authorise AC to have PS VR.

I've played AC in VR on my friends HTC Vive and it's an amazing experience. So hope it comes to PS VR.

Skemekos123 likes this.
  12. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

I'm pretty sure DriveclubVR is a separate game, VR will not be patched into the current edition. The new tracks will come to the current edition for free though. Also I doubt AC will support VR by October.

Skemekos123 likes this.
  13. Warlock

Warlock Hardcore Simmer

...they did authorize Driveclub for 45fps, and game is running as far as I've heard somewhere at 720p.

Cheers...

14. Skemekos123

Skemekos123 Racer

15. BistoKid

BistoKid Racer

I appreciate DriveClub was a separate game to the forthcoming VR version but VR was patched into the original AC on the the PC. Can the same not be done for AC on console or am I missing something here?

16. Warlock

Warlock Hardcore Simmer

It is not just that easy, it is simply said, as creating game for another system :)

Cheers...

17. BistoKid

BistoKid Racer

Fair comment, I think perhaps the report of PSVR on AC excited me a little too much! I am hopeful nonetheless but appreciate that Kunos have a lot of work to do to get the console versions to where they need to be.

Guess I will be having to return to DriveClub to experience a VR racer :(

18. Warlock

Warlock Hardcore Simmer

There is also another side to all of this. Since AC is uaving support on PC for VR, and Kunos knows on what settings AC is running on PS4, it won't hard for them to optimize game for VR when thwy fix all what is needed.

Cheers...

19. BistoKid

BistoKid Racer

Well that was what my thinking was, hard work been done on the PC, now have to convert across to another platform. I really do hope that this is the case and we do not have to wait too long for a VR console version.

gabriel2706 likes this.
  20. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

I would like to think Kunos can manage it, but mt scepticism is purely regarding it being available for PSVR launch like that article says. I'm just assuming that based on the fact Kunos already have a lot of work to do improving frame rate and screen tearing etc.

BistoKid likes this.