1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

AC on PS VR?

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Discussions' started by Jony_850, Sep 2, 2016.

1. Even GT sport will have limited psvr support with only certain cars and tracks available. Sony should have had full vr support for GT sport but for some reason they don't and will limit it.

2. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

Bec
    Because PDI are a slow *** development team and sony don't want GTS to be released af4er PS5 comes out?

3. They have no reason to be as slow as they are they usually re use a lot of assets from previous games and the sound of the cars will still sound like vacuum cleaners. It will sell a ton of games though and the Sony fanboys will defend it as the greatest racer ever but people with any sense know that it's not. Polyphony digital would have had access to psvr from a very early stage so they don't have an excuse for the full game not to be compatible they very likely were one of the first studios to have access to it. How can Sony expect other developers to support it if even their own first party release limited games on it

gabriel2706 likes this.
  4. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

You're right they don't have an excuse, but they do have a reason. That reason being they are slow *** devs with piss poor time management. They, and in particular Kaz, are stuck in the 90s.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk

UntrainedN00B01 likes this.
  5. to be honest sony closed the wrong studio when they closed evolution studios they should have got rid of polyphony and give evolution the resources that polyphony waste

6. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

Agree, or Sony should have made PD hire Evolution Studios to bring the game out 8f the 90s.

UntrainedN00B01 likes this.
  7. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Sony offered to evolution studios staff to go work in other studios off them like PD.
    Some guy's from Evo studios went to PD.
    But the majority of the team decided to stay together, and are finally hired by Codemasters and now working on a muliplatform racing game.

Let's see how GT Sport comes finally.. Sure it will be graphics candy but not on a simulation level like Pcars or Assetto Corsa..
    And for the PSVR users....a shame that it will be only a mode that allows trying cars & tracks.....and not the full game compatible..

I personaly would be disappointed if i would have buyed the VR headset.. No Pcars, no Fully GT...No Assetto...
    And really think what best fits the VR technology are racing games and flight simulators..

Let's see what the future bring to the PSVR..but for now, nothing invite me to want to buy them..

paul_wev likes this.
  8. GT sport will sell a ton of games and it will look great. It's a shame they had to get rid of dynamic time of day and has no weather. I just wish they would listen to what the fans want.

I think psvr has landed too early and would have benefitted from from stronger hardware in the console. I think Microsoft made the sensible move and waited till they saw the way it worked out

9. BistoKid

BistoKid Racer

Im not convinced UntrainedN00B01. I have the had the standard PS4 and PSVR and it worked really well, with the likes of Rigs and Eve, why can a racing sim not be possible, there are not particularly detailed trackside assets to be concerned with. I now have a Pro and it works even better but there are not worlds apart. It is great tech and I think it could be possible from what I have seen already.

10. on the base ps4 the performance is just not there. if it was would the downgrages to driveclub vr been as significant as they were in order to get it running at 60fps,plus its an arcade racer with reasonably poor physics. psvr will always be limited by the base performance of the ps4 as developers have to support it. If developers didnt have to support the base ps4 then you would see better vr support as the performance is better on the pro

11. BistoKid

BistoKid Racer

I certainly see your point but look at both Eve and Rigs, these are full AAA titles and are well presented on the stock PS4. DriveClub VR happens to be the only racer out there for VR and was poorly executed on the external visuals only. Inside the cars are amazing but we are and will always be talking about an arcade racer here. Perhaps I am being naive but would the physics of say AC really hit the PS4 to the extent that it be unplayable? I played DC VR last noght with a friend for 4 hours solid and had a blast.

paul_wev likes this.
  12. I think it would be unplayable on PS4 if physics were kept to the level they are at, purely down to the cpu on the ps4, one of the early interviews when kunos were discussing bringing AC to console they did say it was a challenge due to the console cpu. Anything can be made to work though but not if it affects the quality of the game.

13. paul_wev

paul_wev Hardcore Simmer

Sounds like we need to be able to upgrade the PS4 (pro)? Wouldn't have a clue how to though ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

No, not the physics....or at least not alone. Stefano said (talking out of memory) that the better physics of AC vs., say, Forza are NOT the reason AC doesn't run as well.
    He said that these big dev studios simply have very good gfx teams and that's why their games perform better.

15. it cant be done sony would need to release a new console which they will with the ps5 in a few years

paul_wev likes this.
  16. Once kunos get more experienced with console development they will find ways to optimise for each platform and make it easier for the developers. It easy for turn 10 with forza as they are first party and have worked with the hardware long before it launched same story with Sony first party

17. buraspo

buraspo Rookie

Just found out , that AC has Oculus Vr support , maan I want it on ps vr too :)

paul_wev likes this.
  18. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Have it since a looong time! Assetto was in VR already with the oculus dev kit headsets.
    Now it has also compatibility in VR with HTC ViVe

But marco said about PSVR that they don't reach the minimum standards of the studio in a press event in vallelunga.

So i don't would put my hopes to high to see the ps4 version compatible in VR with PSVR.

buraspo likes this.
  19. paul_wev

paul_wev Hardcore Simmer

Does anybody know if it is possible to play on PC the PSVR via trinus or something like that? Because I'm getting a pc soon and I have the PSVR already and I don't think I'll be able to get a rift/vive as well soon. I really hope that it's possible, because this is the reason I'm getting a pc. Fingers crossed

T300rs, t3pa with Bodin load cell brake conversion, t8ha, PS4 pro, ps vr, gt omega

20. BistoKid

BistoKid Racer

@paul_wev - I too got super excited about that went and bought AC amd PCars again on PC only to find that whilst you can look around, it does not yet off the depth that true VR offers so in other words a rather flat view with the option to turn your head to see left and right. Shame as AC does not seem to be coming to PSVR.

paul_wev likes this.