1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Advice on new graphics card

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by ii aM FuRiiOuS, Jun 11, 2015.

1. I have recently purchased an obutto cockpit with 3x24" monitors and have a currently got a gtx 550ti so will need to upgrade. what will be the best to get for this?

I'm split between the decision of a 970 or 780ti don't really want to spend more than £280

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Graphics Card Upgrade Advice? May 28, 2016
    ACC General Discussions Which game to play and advice for getting good Oct 9, 2023
    ACC General Discussions What is the best advice to fix understeer and oversteer Mar 11, 2023
    ACC Hardware Discussions CPU upgrade advice Nov 10, 2022
    ACC Hardware Discussions PC Rebuild Advice Aug 23, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality Reverb g2 v2 !! advice Aug 6, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality PC newbie - advice please for VR Jun 11, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Xbox series need advice Mar 9, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality Need some advice for VR settings Feb 27, 2022
    ACC Hardware Discussions VR and GPU pair - Looking for some advice Apr 15, 2021
    ACC General Discussions Pit stop strategy advice (6 hour pro/am team event) Apr 9, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions need advice? Mar 14, 2021
    ACC Physics Advice on fuel and brakes for 90 minute race Jan 27, 2021
    ACC Hardware Discussions Monitor upgrade advice Nov 30, 2020
    Chit Chat Room BMW M3 GT2 @redbull ring advice wanted Oct 3, 2020

3. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

4. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

780 is older gen card. I would look into 970 if not 980.

5. alexcrete 2

alexcrete 2 Simracer

gpuboss.com is not bad for reference but sometime their ''compare'' are wrong I will not trust them at 100%

Yes the 970 is the latest gen vs the 780 BUT 970 had some kind of issue with the memory they even offer customer to refund them ( If I remember correctly)
    Have you take a look at AMD's card ? cause you can have a really good one for cheap and their last card generation is about to be launch R9 3**

I am waiting for that release. I am going to buy a R9 390X for about 729$-829$

6. cooknn

cooknn Alien

You'll probably want to run SLI with three monitors. I started with one 780 Ti and when the prices came down added a second. Great bang for the buck. Still better than 95% of all results for Firestrike Extreme.

[​IMG]

7. Thanks for all your replies I have looked on a lot of comparisons and seems they are near on the same but being as the 970 is newer surely it's better? But I also read somewhere it is better for triple monitors.

I get the impression there around the same but the 780 runs at higher temperature and is older so I assume the 970 will be better?

Also why is the 780ti more expensive if it is the equivalent to the 970?

8. Eugor

Eugor Hardcore Simmer

The 780ti tends to be just slightly better. However, it's less than 5% difference and in some titles it will run a bit worse due to drivers. The one thing you will lose that may or may not matter are the extended DX12.1 features that literally may make absolutely no difference in games. DX12 will be supported as far as core features on both cards. You would also get another .5GB of RAM that could help a tiny bit on higher resolutions. Driver support will definitely be a bit better on the newer 900 series and the Witcher 3 had pretty bad performance at launch on 700 cards.

The 780ti is expensive because it was the top performing and most expensive 700 series cards. It was $700 MSRP at launch.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2015
    ii aM FuRiiOuS likes this.
  9. Eugor

Eugor Hardcore Simmer

The memory issue with the 970 is that it is advertised as 4GB but really only has 3.5GB. However, that's still more than the majority of 780ti which have 3GB. 6GB 780ti came out quite a while after the intial release so they are more expensive and rare.

The 390X is not AMDs flagship card. The 390X is a rebranded 290X with slightly better specs. AMDs new flagship cards will be called the Fury series.

Cote Dazur and McNappa like this.
  10. I see thank you for making it clear so for the 5% extra it's not worth it for the price and less ram And being an older card

Should I hold on and wait for the new series from AMD or would they just match the 970? As £280 is my budget

11. alexcrete 2

alexcrete 2 Simracer

The fury will be the fully new card yeah I know that, but the 390X still have 2 time the memory of the 290x plus 1 extra ghz of memory frequence plus other that I won't enumerate. I still think its going to be very good. I dont know what slightly mean for you but going 4go to 8go to me is more than just slightly

12. Eugor

Eugor Hardcore Simmer

Then where did you pull the $700+ price tag from? That's 980ti money for a card that will likely be trying to compete with the 980 at best. The 390X will be $400 at most (rumors have it at $389). Going from 4GB to 8GB is essentially pointless as of now since 4GB is fine for anything 4K and below. The only area 8GB of RAM has shown good improvement over 4GB is at 8K which a single card couldn't hope of doing anyway. Memory frequence also does much less than core clock so that's also quite irrelevant.

13. Went for the msi dual frozer 970 in the end

offcorsa and McNappa like this.