1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione 1.0 Discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Rolz, May 14, 2019.

1. pablito

pablito Rookie

Im little dissapointed tbh. Performance is worse then 0.7 builds for me. Cars now feels little on ice especial AMG, No connection to stats server.
    Ghosting is still there, mostly visible in replays. FPS jumping like crazy horse and I even not tried race or MP.

Content wise is big step forward but performance is like 0.6 or even worse.

But even with all that flaws SPA is great, fav cars in new update are Lexus, Aston and Audi.

Anyone can explain to me what Gamma in look with wheels do? Im not sure.

...and yes its still feels like very early acces.

2. pales.

pales. Racer

My disappointment is immeasurable. Yet again, another game has been released prematurely, lacking refinement and carrying over FUNDAMENTAL issues from EA. We're still missing driver swap animations, pit animations, all of which was advertised upon release. We still have game breaking issues with the AI where they're unable to overtake slower traffic, resulting in both the career mode and single mode being completely redundant.

People here continued to bash me for my views about the lack of communication towards release and it looks like I was right after all. I wish I could get my money back..

ohyeah2389, omar liew and bobken like this.
  3. trutya

trutya Simracer

while i'm really happy with the content itself, i'm slightly disappointed too.
    i don't care about the bugs, they will be fixed, i'm sure.

what i'm more interested in:
    - will we have SC and FCY procedures later? missing those would be a big hit to the immersion.
    - will we have the pit crew animations (and maybe driver swaps) back? as pit crew is there in the intro video i'd expect we will have it at one point
    - career mode seems to be a bit of a joke now. one sprint and one endurance season? i can start a championship, there's no difference. hopefully as later patches come the career mode will be extended. also Mirko doesn't take a big role in our learning course... but i'm ok with that. (however i'd loke more a career mode like in F1 2011 or the SBK X. even if same season replays, you can move to better and better teams (or have better and better cars, drivers)
    - i hope AI will be tuned a bit to be able to pass more easily, especially lapping. i don't have personal experience with this but i believe the guys who have. in rf2 it works quite well...
    - hope we'll have the crew chief back
    - would be nice to have some real (or fictional) drivers to choose from (with different categories) as your teammates in career mode. depending on your level at the beginning and if you want to participate a silver, pro-am or am car

i'm pleased with the new leaderboard design anyway, but maybe it's be better to show at least the leader (or top3 as earlier). i can't wait to get enough time to test all the new content and i hope we'll ahve some info from the devs about what is planned.

andrea.chiovato likes this.
  4. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Source?

Arlo likes this.
  5. Rolz

Rolz Alien

I was under the impression UE 4.22 would

6. pales.

pales. Racer

Check the website. Actually amazes me that people are so forgiving these days and expect it to come at 1.2 or 1.3.. This game announced a release date and failed to fulfill on it's promises.

7. tpw

tpw Gamer

ACC and most other sims that don't get abandoned by their devs are pretty much in a constant state of beta. ACC just stuck a 1.0 label on the latest beta :)

As far as I'm concerned this was essentially just the full car/track content release as part of their ongoing development program. Just like throughout EA there's a long changelog, some things have improved or developed further, some have regressed. I personally reckon the core driving aspect of the game is solid. Now that most of the content is here, I hope they can address a few of the missing or incomplete features as mentioned on this and other threads, and really focus on the game's Achilles heel - its performance.

8. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

I didn't have high expectations in the career mode, because it was a generic trash in AC, but what we have now in ACC seems even to be worse. I cannot see and do not understand what is the career about? Just driving a season? Or something else? Thanks the career progress page in profile page disappeared, I really do not have any clue what to do in the career, what progress can be done? What can be achieved?
    What is my main goal? How will my path be?

I didn't expect that even in 1.0 the only thing I will do is short MP races Spa/Monza...

9. manuel_rendo

manuel_rendo Racer

+ FFB,car handling (too twitchy or too realistic),detailed tracks,potential,cars details,rating system intentionality,
    - vr, general performance,graphics anti aliasing,,,vr was better in 0.7.2...MP needs fine tuning,
    - Fps stability,pit stop animations missing,menu arguably could be improved(ex pc2 in vr
    Is excellent),rating implementation into Mp needs work,

In general this seems more a 0.8 rather than 1.0.
    UE 4.22 has been a step back performance/visual clarity vr and I guess Kunos will
    Fix those issues (among others ) with hotfixes soon.
    Strangely other people report improvement in visual,and performance
    Who knows....

I7 8700,gtx70,16 gb

10. henkjansmits

henkjansmits Simracer

I think people reporting performance improvements are the ones who only tried early build (e.g. 0.2).

Leynad likes this.
  11. Did you make your experience with the latest nvidia drivers? The release notes tells about game ready drivers for ACC...

12. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

So for 40€ the game is to me a good catch, i actually invested 25€ and have something like 120h logged into to game. Knowing how far AC "1" has come, i have no doubt that the same will apply to ACC. I think we have to face the fact that "release" in this day and age, especially for (potential) cross platform games does not mean the same as it did 20 yrs ago or when it comes to heavy resource AAA exclusives like the god of wars and last of us' of the world. Schedules are much tighter, financing is always an issue, man power too and there is only so much a limited amount of devs can do in a certain time frame.
    Kunos has something like 30 people working on the game, Sonys and Microsofts studios have well over 150 and a massive financial budget. GT Sport was in development for something like 4-5 years and launched with basically only 6 real tracks, no career mode for 49,99 or 59,99 for a deluxe (lol) edition.

What ACC achieved in under 2yrs of development to me is great and i look forward to more to come. The foundation to be #1 Sim overall (not just multiplayer) is there, physics, sounds and graphics (when optimized) are #1 in class for me. Now we only need more polish and addition of features.

Tim Meuris, warth0g, F1Aussie and 2 others like this.
  13. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

You know about this, and you have seen the animated pit Crew in previous Versions as well, so no need for you to ask the question for sources...

@ 0:27

ohyeah2389, omar liew and bgil66 like this.
  14. Shocker.

Jawsers, Coanda and Radfahrer like this.
  15. renato63

renato63 Racer

Hi,
    I, on the other hand, found a great improvement in performance especially in the main menu, with the 0.7.2 the CPU (I5 8600) working at 70-80% with peaks of 100% is now at 30-40%.
    Same thing for the GPU (GTX 1070), with the 0.7.2 in the main menu it warmed up to 70-75 degrees, now it does not exceed 55 degrees.
    This with the latest Nvidia drivers 430.86.
    Even in the race, the CPU and GPU temperatures dropped by an average of 4-5 degrees with Vsync enabled compared to before, this means that a great optimization work has been done.
    Great job Kunos ;)
    If I wasn't clear it's google translator's fault.

16. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

I am not forgiving i am just not imagining s*it that developers never stated.

Pit stop crew got disabled in 0.6 if i remember and it was said its disabled untill we get them to work

Nothing was ever said or promised or confirmed by devs

Driver swap animations thread i created got marked working on it.. but they never said it will be in 1.0

People need to keep their expectations in check.. i also was expecting to see safety car.. and nothing so what..i will wait and hope to see it.. and drive it :D

Jawsers, jaxx_za, luxxx797 and 2 others like this.
  17. Gratulin

Gratulin Racer

Give this a go. Feedback elsewhere on this forum is mixed but worth experimenting with. You need to launch ACC from steam using “no hmd” option.

From changelog:
    - Added Projection Correction option to the View Settings

18. Rolz

Rolz Alien

Cheers mate! Most of my friends are probably in the XGN circle that I’m asking for :D

19. pales.

pales. Racer

The game shouldn't be released then, should it? The game lacks overall refinement, the career mode is incredibly bland and boring, you have issues with the AI that render the offline experience completely useless, and the online servers are up and down like a yo-yo. People are so forgiving these days and it annoys me. If you pay for a product, you expect everything that is advertised to be materialized in the game.

ohyeah2389, PiretSS2000 and bobken like this.
  20. trutya

trutya Simracer

still i play all with the content available with an unpolished game than driving the same 7 cars on the same 6 track with less variability.

D.Jankovic likes this.