1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione 1.0 Discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Rolz, May 14, 2019.

1. pales.

pales. Racer

But there is no enjoyment in the game currently, so why would you want to play it? The cars you're racing with spend 99% of the time in the same position. I have tested this with 100% strength and aggressiveness and there are barely any overtakes AT ALL; even on a variety of tracks. If a faster car pits, it then cannot overtake the slower car at all; despite being significantly slower.. AI driver swaps do not work either..

It's all a mess and has been severely under tested.

ohyeah2389 likes this.
  2. trutya

trutya Simracer

still you can go to online servers and do races with the full variety of cars and tracks... or just test them all out. will pay off when all the things are implemented.

3. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I enjoy it and that's why I play it. I think your being a bit harsh...

4. pales.

pales. Racer

Well at least you're able to get some sort of enjoyment out of it. Unfortunately for me, I just can't. This is a series I love but at the moment the game is far from 1.0. I would consider it 0.5 at this rate..

LucaBenj and ohyeah2389 like this.
  5. pales.

pales. Racer

Apologies, maybe that was a little 'direct' but the fundamentals still stand; especially with the offline aspect of the game. This could've materialized beautifully to something that was untouchable but to me it's just another forza type rush.

ohyeah2389 likes this.
  6. F430_458_F12

F430_458_F12 Alien

OK, logic: do you know what's wrong with your complaints? They are shallow, short-sighted and childish. So what the team said one thing and then did another. Do we have their work load, their responsibilties, their lives? I can't believe how people like you just assume these developers live in some vacuum for no greater purpose than to do everything you think they ought to!

You use the term FUNDAMENTAL as though you even know what that word embodies: driver swap? How important is that? How many people do you know will even be playing this game long enough to where they'd need to use that feature? More to the point, what kind of job do you have that would allow you to need that feature! Pit animations...those of us who bought early access for the original Assetto Corsa remember when pit animations were delayed in that game, as well. WHO. FREAKING. CARES. Part and parcel with developing a game.

Lastly, the use of destructive over-exaggerations like "single mode completely redundant" completely overstates the issues at hand, suggesting the game is unusable simply because a HANDFUL of features aren't there that you think are essential. I hate to tell you, but things don't work that way! No one can assert their opinions as over-arching--we're not developing the game.

So get your money back. Don't play ACC. Sit in the corner like a disgruntled fan. Remember that your disgruntledness is self-conferred!

Tim Meuris, Jawsers, Dookie and 12 others like this.
  7. pales.

pales. Racer

You do realize that this game is a representation of blancpain gt, right? You're also questioning the importance of the 'driver swap' feature which is essentially the heart and soul of the series in itself. Why do you think there is multiple drivers in this game? I can't even be bothered to respond to your other comments because you do not make any sense.

The game advertised many features and they have not been materialized. It is really that simple.

8. I am so torn right now. The driving is so fun (except for La Rouge...I have destroyed my CC rating trying to take that curve without braking...no idea how some guys actually take it flat out) but the graphics, namely the horrible terrible utter **** aliasing, zap all the enjoyment out of the game for me. The shimmering is just so distracting. No idea why v1.0 is a huge step backwards as far as graphics nor any idea why Kunos would release v1.0 this way.

The sounds are superb, the cars all have their own unique feel and are a blast to drive. But the graphics suck. Really hope a hotfix is incoming that will at least make them the same as they were in 0.7

LucaBenj and bobken like this.
  9. So go cry to Steam about it.

I'm not enjoying ACC v1.0 for more than a few minutes at a time due to the terrible aliasing in the graphics, but I'm not going to spend more than a post or two crying about it. There are plenty of other games on my HDD to play; if ACC never gets any better than it is now than I guess I wasted twenty bucks or so. Big deal. Shame on me for buying it in Early Access rather than waiting for reviews/feedback.

For your own mental health you really ought to consider a different hobby if being disappointed with a cheap video game leaves you this emotionally distraught.

Dookie, LeiF, Ace Pumpkin and 6 others like this.
  10. Revidix

Revidix Rookie

Nope, played a lot in 0.7.x , combination of new nvidia drivers and 1.0, improved a lot the performance, both in vr and in normal gameplay.
    i Guess the dev made a mistake by not advising to reset the config file, Offworld industries (Squad-Post Scriptum) who deals with ue4 for quite some year now advise that for EACH content update you should Reset the Documents and Local Games files, i think all the people that complain about worse performance issue didn't do that, offworld added an in game button that delete these files, maybe kunos should do that !

11. Where is the config file that needs to be deleted located? I will give it a shot and see if it fixes the terrible shimmering issues I am having.

12. Revidix

Revidix Rookie

if you talk about the lights shimmering on the main menu, i have this problem too, but no problem in gameplay.
    the folders that needs to be deleted are the "Assetto Corsa Competizione" in you'r document folder and the "AC2" Folder in AppData/Local
    Be aware that deleting these will erase you'r controls and all settings.

13. I'm talking about the terrible anti-aliasing (or lack thereof) in game. Really don't want to have to reconfigure all my controls, not to mention possibly losing all my in game progress. (track medals, ratings, etc.)

ohyeah2389 likes this.
  14. Default

Default Racer

What's your aa setup? I set temporal aa to high and there's no shimmering.

15. bartouze

bartouze Gamer

plug back in the rating server pls dude :D

16. Diablo_rf

Diablo_rf Hardcore Simmer

Maybe you could come with some screenshots of your settings and the game itself? I don't experience any anti-aliasing issue. Everything is smooth and clean.
    And the graphics in general looks way more polished than the previous build.
    Here is an example of how the game looks on my PC
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/6AgpMUvkDTEiih8m8

Running in 2K, with everything on High, AA TEMPORAL on EPIC

Those who are expecting KUNOS to deliver an actual GAME should look elswhere for now. They are just not there YET. With the amout of developers and small budget, we should really be happy with what we get here for 25$.

And as already mentioned, this is a ongoing project, which will develop and improve further.

IDK how you guys, but I didn't belive that considering the issues they encountered with the development, they would bring the 1.0 version so soon, and with all the fancy things from the trailers. I thought the release will be delayed at least for a few months.
    But they decided to release it now, and add new features and improvements with time. So thank you Kunos for that!
    I can play and enjoy the sim for now without the pit crew animations and safety car. If you ask me, I'm fine with that...

Last edited: May 30, 2019
    chksix, M96, Kill_A_Rue and 2 others like this.
  17. I wish my game looked like that. Uploading a vid now.

18. Relf

Relf Rookie

We live in an age where fan boys will defend unfinished and unpolished game till their last breath. It is exactly the reason why game are released in worse quality every year, and people still defend it with "development will continue" and "they will fix it evetually".
    Yes, every software has bugs, it is normal, but it shouldn't have major or critical bugs that would stop people from using it. A game also shouldn't release without its promised features, a game also shouldn't be released with this unplayable VR performance either. Yeah yeah there is a workaround, so? They still didnt bother findind a workaround for their players.

The fact that they delayed it and still release ACC at this state makes me sad. Yes sound is great, graphic is great blah blah blah. But I bought the game because of the advertised features, so I expect a complet package.

19. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

My game looks like that too with this time of day in standstill pic and also when it runs, but i still have micro stutter here and there.

But try this scenario: Set custom weather, clear, no clouds or like 15%, then adjust wetness level to 60% and standing water 25%, take silverstone at 8am in the morning, do 1-2 laps and then watch the replay
    Then look at the area at the back of the car. There i have heavy graphical glitches, ghosting and all sorts.

20. Skybird

Skybird Alien

I recall that the readme for 1.0 somewhere mentions that tunings and tweaks were done on the ghosting issue in older versions and some more things were done with the graphics engine. If they have not already hints and traces by now regarding the issues many people face with massive performance drops and stuttering in VR - already in the game menus - , then I would recommend that for the time being the altered graphics engine with these changes gets extracted and the old engine from 0.7.2 gets implemented again.

I tried the game again this morning and also did a complete reinstall. The state the game is in on the graphics side in VR, still is a disaster. Already the main menues stutter like crazy, and have double contours. Already the opening screens with emblems and title stutter.

There will be patches and hotfixes, I trust in that, Kunos has an outstanding, empirically proven record with AC1 in that regard, and it definitely is too early to claim they" spoiled the game". But I must say that they definitely spoiled the release event, I'm sorry to say. Something went terribly wrong there, and when reading around in forums and boards, the issues affect not just small parts of the driver communitx, but a very signficant, prominent amount, with VR players apparently hit the most massive, but many non-VR players also being affected by signficant problems.

Way too early release of a very ambitious project, I conclude. Ambition and haste do not match well.

Pheebau likes this.