1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2020 Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by dave967, Oct 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anthonylroy

anthonylroy Hardcore Simmer

2. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Hardcore Simmer

AC1 was 2.5 million across all platforms IIRC.

3. According to the FB post by Marco there are 3 million users with 52% on console. Hopefully at some point ACC gets a console port along with cross platform MP.

4. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

If the next-gen consoles are as powerful as they're rumoured to be they'd be mad not to port it over. If it runs? It'll sell. AC1 on consoles had its issues but it sold and has its following there also, and the console port unquestionably greatly contributed to Kunos' success and the release of ACC. Anything that allows the devs to improve on and add to ACC is welcome.

Whitestar likes this.
  5. Rogue Leader

Rogue Leader Hardcore Simmer

I think this game will have a hard time finding an audience on consoles.

This game tends to skew towards the triple monitor/vr headset/full out racing rig crowd which mostly does this stuff on PC. On top of that the setup and planning minutiae that we all love (tire pressures, limited tire sets, planning pit stops and fuel loads, etc) is way too nuts for the more casual players on consoles. Sure there are console players that would love it (like me), but those people also have a PC to do it (also me). With a game like GT Sport already out and GT7 coming, is it really worth the money as well as the diversion from upgrading the PC version more worth it?

Other issues are while it could probably handle the game graphically, considering how hard on the CPU this game is with a lot of cars that will be an issue. And if you allow cross play that lack of CPU power issue will limit the number of cars.

6. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

Kunos have the exact figures of how much AC sold on consoles. They can easily figure out how many copies of ACC they need to sell on consoles to make it profitable. Take this into account: GT Sport buyers are many more than AC/ACC buyers. If even just 10% of them has bought a wheel, it may be already enough to make it profitable to port ACC to consoles. The only issue I can foresee is that they probably need to wait for next generation consoles to fully support ACC graphics.

7. Rogue Leader

Rogue Leader Hardcore Simmer

Agree this generation can't handle the graphical detail. The problem though is ACC is a much different game than AC or GT Sport in that there is only one very specific class of cars, limited set of tracks etc. I mean even reviews of it on the PC described it as a niche racing game, as well as it being quite difficult due to the realism for people, especially those using Controllers instead of wheels. It would be interesting to see how they solve the problems related to putting such a title on a console. I had Ferrari F355 Challenge on Saturn which IMO was awesome, but did poorly compared to games like Daytona USA, Sega Rally, Sega Touring Car, etc because it was just way more realistic than people were used to.

8. Ecnelis

Ecnelis Alien

Have you seen this? I didn't. Nice surprise.

What else is hidden out there? :D

Results1.jpg Results2.jpg Results3.jpg

baboon and Coanda like this.
  9. Si.

Si. Simracer

As long as it’s marketed very clearly that it’s GT3 only (some still don’t understand this on PC) perhaps with the ICGT content from the off then I think it could do really well with the GT Sport crowd. I think bolstering the number/frequency of the Championship servers and ensuring the Championship mode is rock solid is needed though. The motion control support for gamepads in GT Sport is brilliant (best I’ve played), if Kunos could add similar/as good to ACC it would be great for those without a wheel setup.

10. Gopher04

Gopher04 Simracer

Anyone else think the sky/clouds have a strange look since 1.2, they seem to suffer a bloom effect abit, and some of the clouds have this blueish grey edge to them, and there is alot more cloud popping going on as well.

11. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Sadly it's been there since EA..

Madsen likes this.
  12. Crunch

Crunch Racer

I think the weather has always looked wrong. They do need to do some overhauling and adding detail for the weather.

13. Coanda

Coanda Alien

If your like me and were unaware that nVidia has a new latency option in their driver you may wish to check it out. Its called "low Latency Mode". I lost some performance in ACC and I was not sure why. By default the new drivers I recently installed has this set globally to "Ultra". I just presumed the performance I lost may have had something to do with all the new updates however now I know. I was not too stressed because recently I have been running 60 FPS V-Sync rather than uncapped.

Thanks to @xaotik for putting me onto this..

https://www.howtogeek.com/437761/how-to-enable-ultra-low-latency-mode-for-nvidia-graphics/

pankykapus, Serge M and Jebus like this.
  14. Rolz

Rolz Alien

@Serge M this was what I wanted to check out

Serge M likes this.
  15. Serge M

Serge M Alien

I’ll give it a shot tomorrow. All raced out for today...

16. eracerhead

eracerhead Hardcore Simmer

My 1080ti is on the latest drivers, 442.19. Not sure of your system, but Low Latency Mode defaults to "off" for me.

Whitestar and Coanda like this.
  17. Coanda

Coanda Alien

weirdo.. :confused:

eracerhead likes this.
  18. carlossanchez97

carlossanchez97 Hardcore Simmer

19. bieroX

bieroX Rookie

Right ! Some people who bought the game actually never played it... Just look at the general achievements stats on Steam : only 59.5 % of the players got the 100kmh achievement, which is given for, basically, going at 100kmh in any car :)

20. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Actually not correct, I use ACC almost everyday for a couple of hrs, but SP off line