1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2020 Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by dave967, Oct 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Simracer

@pankykapus
    Would you tell us what that update was? :)

kingkabong likes this.
  2. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Got back into ACC after a break... has been polished a lot. Had to get the GT pack too, some of the best circuits for awesome price

Small question, since there's been many updates.. which graphic options are most demanding in the current build? (Which to turn down first to get extra FPS)

3. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Hardcore Simmer

Must be a silent update. Occasionally if only something minor is tweaked they retain the same version and don't announce it. The changelog file in the install directory hasn't been updated either.

4. Rolz

Rolz Alien

silently introduce ping limits would be nice too :)

5. Captain Barracuda

I saw a thread somewhere about ping limits with the tag "Working on it", so maybe it will come at some point

Rolz likes this.
  6. Captain Barracuda

Aris mentioned in stream that the patch was a steering assist fix for pad users.

GCCRacer and Maciej Malinowski like this.
  7. PREDATOR 2

PREDATOR 2 Rookie

I am posting those thoughts to make things better or maybe you help me find what I'm missing. Any useless reply and I leave the forum forever.

1- I can't see the rain drops except for on the wind shield.

2-1- How can we know the weather and strong it's raining and how much standing water on the track and know by our selves what tyres are optimal? standing water? also track temp? also tyre temp? or pressure?
    2-2- Because it says for example that wet tyres are optimal now but then it disappears and never update and I can't search for the tyre recommendation at the exact time. Is it what you see on the pit menu? because when you press the pit menu it chooses for you for example "dry". Because it happened to me that they recommended something, I changed, out of the pit and they recommend the previous set of tyres.'

3- It is written when you get a drive through penalty in red that you got it. You see it in your peripheral vision. But also the message when you clear penalty or do fastest lap is also written in red and this confused me. It si hard to explain but you develop a reaction even before you look to the red warning and you feel something is wrong and lose some seconds.

4- Back to the issue of info and communicating, can we have option of a more communicative crew chef? It doesn't cost so much to add new sentences every now and then. If it was up to me I would add hundreds of new ways to say an instruction so that you feel that it's a real human who's talking to you. For those who don't understand good English or get easily confused, they can have the option to only have the old basic sentences.

5- Finally, I can't believe this hasn't been addressed and fixed already, when the AI laps you and you pull over to give them way and they keep coming from far away and hit you. Can't they have more intelligence to take the empty side of the road? It's really strange how you see them coming slowly slowly slowly until they hit you and push you.

Finally and again, I apologize if my way of talking is a bit negative. All I want is to thank the devs for their work and encourage them to push further.

8. PREDATOR 2

PREDATOR 2 Rookie

Also,

6- How can I know how much tyre wear?

7- How can I know after the race is over how much fuel it spent per lap, how much lap time the others did, when they pit, what tyres they used, how much wear on the used tyres and many more needed stuff for serious endurance racers (not I)?

9. Maciej Malinowski

Maciej Malinowski Hardcore Simmer

1. I don’t know what are you particularly asking for but I made that screenshot some time ago and there are some particle effects:) (you can see behind the car as there is more contrasted background;))
    But what there is on the windshield is anyway mostly what you would see isn’t it.

4F1F333C-24BD-498B-93CE-98F64D64F722.jpeg

2.1 The thing is that you don’t know exactly how it is do you, look out of the window can you tell the weather just by a glimpse?;), there is on the icons for low medium heavy rain and thunderstorm and you can look at standing water in certain areas that you know to look for but until you go there you don’t know, and it’s how it should be, IRL you also get those clues of what may it be (if it rains and roughly how hard and you can look at the track surface and judge) but only the driver that is there on the track can tell how bad or not so bad it is,:)
    Track temp: it’s there on the hud mate;) both track and ambient,
    Pressures and temp of tyres also on hud all the time;), pressures in a number temp in the colour and it’s shown with different temps on different areas of the tyre, all cars also have pressures displayed on the dash (that you can cycle through it they are not) and in some type temps also will be there (huracan for example if memory serves:D)

2.2 after it starts raining there is a message that tells that they are optional but really it’s more like a message “hey it started raining, you will need to pit in a while for different tyres”, don’t take those messages too directly although they look a bit like that o_O
    Again no one can say what is optimum apart from the driver and it comes with experience to know what to use when, sim-racers are frankly a bit to spoiled with information:rolleyes:, you just don’t know that stuff IRL, it comes with experience and driver knowledge of what can he expect from the car on certain tyre compound:),
    For the MFD, there are no messages there, and unless you have made a strategy that you can choose (1-30) you need to decide on changes and apply them manually on the fly, if you don’t wanna do that, make some strategies, and please don’t ask for preset strategies:p, it’s your race not theirs, make a decision and do sth that suits you, also for amount of possibilities rain or not and how much there is no way to do preset that would work for all, it’s there for you, do it, if you want of course;)

3. I get where are you coming from with that and remember the days when that was an issue, but they recently changed it all and improved massively:), different messages in different paces and those that are shown in the same places are the ones that never can appear in the same spots on the track for example finish line, you never get DT on finish line, you never get fastest lap on a corner, there are so many spots but so much more info to be displayed, it has to go somewhere, and it’s not like you are contently getting DTs are you:p, fastest laps after settling in in the stint aren’t also being thrown in your face are they, it’s frankly all easy to control the situation

4. Man just go and get a CrewCheif, I think I even heard some guy from Kunos:D recommending it but how can you wonder if it’s so good, there is no need to do something that already has been done and done well,
    And please don’t say that “creating some lines” is easy and cheep to do, ‘some lines, part is easy:rolleyes:, creating and implementing is not, it’s not super hard work compared to car dynamics , but it certainly isn’t where the time and money should be spent, especially considering existence of CrewCheif a gold standard:)

5. I don’t race the AI so I can’t comment on that, online is fun tho, you wouldn’t how much more stupid stuff you can see and experience there XD:p:D

6 and 7. Tyre wear, ok ask yourself a question who knows the current tyre wear of a tyre that is on the car, no one:p, who can feel it tho? You -> a driver;) again it comes from experience to know and feel what tyres are telling you, of course you can check their state after you come to the pits in the setup menu, in fact you can check all the other stuff too like blisters, flat spots and graining of all the tyre sets you have, but on the car no
    And I don’t think opponents tyre date is something that you can check IRL too, can you? Well you can ask kindly and compare if they feel like it:)
    Section times and laps are all displayed in Timetables section for all the sessions, wait what times a question? Never mind :p
    Fuel, before the session starts there is estimated one and it’s calculated very safely so you will make it no matter tho, after you do some laps fuel consumption is measured and shown in setup menu again, those infos are also live on dashes of most cars, current, used and per lap, again it’s about experience of how much will it use apart from estimated how will it develop over time, how will conditions and other factors affect it, making your own calculations and tests with engine maps to do those strategies I talked about earlier, after you come to the pits you can’t see how much you spent apart form estimated per lap calculated from the session so you need to check other numbers before going back to pits, if you do couple of laps tho that are needed to make calculations valuable and precise it’s all you really need ;),

Safe driving !!:D:D

Griffin, Hagen, GCCRacer and 4 others like this.
  10. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

chksix likes this.
  11. Hi,
    Hope this can help :
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/to...&share_fid=76538&share_type=t&link_source=app

ShredatorFIN likes this.
  12. PREDATOR 2

PREDATOR 2 Rookie

Thank you mate, full of useful answers and information.

I have final 2 questions about what you mentioned>

After a race is over, can I enter the pits and check my tire wear information? because I usually press escape and move to the replay. You know what next time I race I'll try what you said, one cool down lap and then to the pits. I am very excited to check the setups menu after I finish and see the info there.
    (By the way, those stuff are useful for those who do long endurance league races, which I stopped doing a while ago due to lack of time, but still good to learn about this in case I come back to this).

The second question, not a question but an opinion, is that I agree with you that a sim shopuld be a simulation, in other words trying to mimic the reality and nothing more than reality. Yes, it is the only aspect I care about in a sim. But the only exception I make is information, telemetry, HUDs and those stuff. Life is too short to make all that testing to learn to have that feeling without looking at real time information. I look at it like that, IRL has things you don't have in sim racing and sim racing has extra stuff. Actually if I had some extra money to buy a budget track day car I split the money in two, half for the car and half to install high quality sensors and motec displays.

Sorry for the very long text.

13. PREDATOR 2

PREDATOR 2 Rookie

What? I said I am here only to ask and learn I am not here to get trolls as what I see happens with other people in other forums. I asked not to have headache and that guy giving me negative comments as if I asked for headache. I don't give a care for you and your warning mate.

14. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

I see that you're here for information, which is why I didn't lock the conversation, but please keep it civil and refrain from personal comments and insults. This applies to everyone here.

15. RS10

RS10 Simracer

Ok ... am i retarded or are the current possibilities to set up a server severely limited, even compared to Assetto Corsa 1?

Unless i'm mistaken there's no settings for fuel rate, tyre wear, damage rate, penalties, track grip, wind etc ... ?

16. PREDATOR 2

PREDATOR 2 Rookie

OK mate, I tried what you said, both pulled over and pressed esc then setups. and also I tried a cool down lap then went to pits, it automatically moves you to the next screen where you could go to the setups menu. You suggested I can review what happened to the tire wear and other things but I found nothing there. Are you sure you can check that after you finish the race?

2 bonus questions since it's Sunday>

1- The 1' and 5' in the HUD is the weather forcast in 1 and 5 minutes? or something else?
    2- The tyres HUD where you and the guys told me I can check their pressure (number) and temperature (color) differs in length, it seems like it shows you the pressure in the middle and peripherals of the tire and hence it's shape? If my understanding is wrong then why else do the shape of the tires differ? (I hope I could clearly explain although the language barrier).

17. C#27

C#27 Gamer

To check tyre wear and conditions like graining and blisters you have to go to the fuel & strategy tab of the setup menu. There you can view these informations for the different tyre sets available. I'm currently not shure if this also happens after the race, but usually when you enter the pits it automatically chooses a fresh tyre set, so to view data of the tyres you used during the race you may have to choose that tyre set again.

1: Yes this should be minutes.
    2: The three bars of the tyre HUD give you a visual representation of the tyre pressure. If it's too low the middle bar will be shorter, if the pressure is too high the middle bar will be longer than the outer ones. A correct tyre pressure therefore is shown by three bars of the same length.

Schaefe likes this.
  18. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

Nope, after a race you can't review your tires. I'd like to have this opportunity, too.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2020
    C#27 likes this.
  19. PREDATOR 2

PREDATOR 2 Rookie

Thank you both for the info.

C#27 likes this.
  20. Maciej Malinowski

Maciej Malinowski Hardcore Simmer

What? guys of course you can, go to strategy and go through tyre sets, its all there as I said, wear on different sides if tyre, blisters, grain and flatspots, tofay after 2h Kyalami CP race it was nice to see how I used 1st set compared to 2nd

LeDude83 likes this.