1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2020 Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by dave967, Oct 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PREDATOR 2

PREDATOR 2 Rookie

thank you, I will try to find that. where is this strategy?

2. Maciej Malinowski

Maciej Malinowski Hardcore Simmer

Setup menu, there where you adjust your fuel, you can also choose a tyre set there and depending which one is chosen boxes around the centre part of the menu will show various info about their state,
    for multiplayer there are mostly unlimited tyre sets (well 50 tyre sets but that is high enough to call it unlimited) and in single player depending on your settings and what type of weekend you are participateing in you will get limited tyre sets (5,6,10 and so on) so its really important to know your sets and have control over them, also in pit MFD where you can choose tyre set you want to put on the car during pitstop they are marked with numbers and colour:( white -> new set, black -> used set)
    whenever you go to the pits you get new tyre set on the car to if they are limited then bare that in mind and not just use all of them during practice session or sth,
    btw. I would love to see limited tyre sets in multiplayer and make drivers respect their tyres and know how to use them over duration of race weekend, of course there is always an option to make them unlimited for practice sessions hotlaping and so on

3. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Volumetric fog, Foliage, Shadow quality, effects.

ShredatorFIN likes this.
  4. LucaBenj

LucaBenj Racer

I couldn't find the documentation on the last update, 1.3.8. Could someone point it out to me, or at least tell me what these latest 600 MB updates are?

5. carlossanchez97

carlossanchez97 Hardcore Simmer

As far as I know, there´s no such thing as version 1.3.8

Captura 234342.PNG

GCCRacer likes this.
  6. Serge M

Serge M Alien

It was something to do with game pad users, nothing too exciting, unless you are a game pad user...

7. dodge33cymru

dodge33cymru Simracer

Most of the time at the moment I am, so would be interested.

By the way, is it wrong to hope that the Monza round of Endurance Cup gets cancelled so that Imola gets added onto the Sprint calendar, just so it might end up in ACC in the case of a 2020 update...? (https://www.gt-world-challenge-europe.com/news/1712/sro-motorsports-group-2020-season-update)

GCCRacer likes this.
  8. BrunUK

BrunUK Alien

m_box97 and dodge33cymru like this.
  9. Maciej Malinowski

Maciej Malinowski Hardcore Simmer

It all depends what they deside to add as a next pack of content, new year, new championship from last year, or complitly sth that we arn't even expecting, I bet that a lot of them still don't know what are the deals and plans for the future but I know we can all expect some good quality content, just give them time, they will deliver thay always does

sissydriver likes this.
  10. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

@Maciej Malinowski - trust in kunos - simple words, but true. until then we can enjoy what we have, and thats a lot :)

warth0g and Maciej Malinowski like this.
  11. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

oh, I was blind :oops:
    Always skipped over that page and my eyes never caught it.

Here it is (you may want to skip to 3:08where I am entering the setup screen):

Though "last readings" is missing and you got to know which tyre set you ran when. :)

GCCRacer likes this.
  12. PREDATOR 2

PREDATOR 2 Rookie

FOUND IT, thanks! a 30 minute race leaves more than 2 mm. Which means no need to change the tyres, because they are officially potato when they become 1.5

Thank you again!

*btw, the fastest race lap or personal lap, DT or penalty cleared, still all their notifications come in the same screen corner in the same red color, nothing wrong about that if it\s only you and me who the red message scare them for a second until they look and read (or hear) it. I would love if the "penalty cleared" message is in a green rectangle instead of red, but this ain't big issue.

Maciej Malinowski likes this.
  13. PREDATOR 2

PREDATOR 2 Rookie

last readings aren't there, but if you noticed, wear is there. I don't know if it's enough.

14. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

Yeah, noticed that. However, thanks for pointing out. Just missing the tire temps but can look at them in the dash display or even in the widget while running down the pitlane.

15. lordpatou

lordpatou Simracer

Tire Temps are called "hot temp" and Can ne read in the tire part.
    They are the last temp read before entering garage.

16. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I figured out why mine was set to Ultra. It's not weirdo it's just me being a d!ckhead.. I thought this new option was separate from the old Pre-rendered frames option. I imported game profiles, which I think included the global profile, through nVidia Inspector and as I had the old option "Max Pre-rendered" frames set to 1, boom... If I set the Low Latency mode in the nVidia Control Panel to Ultra it will set the "Max Pre-rendered" frames set to 1 in nVidia Inspector. Switching this off in the control panel will set this to "Use 3D app setting".

"this feature builds on the “Maximum Pre-Rendered Frames” feature that’s been found in the NVIDIA Control Panel for over a decade. That allowed you to keep the number of frames in the render queue down.

With “Ultra-Low Latency” mode, frames are submitted into the render queue just before the GPU needs them. This is “just in time frame scheduling,” as NVIDIA calls it. NVIDIA says it will “further [reduce] latency by up to 33%” over just using the Maximum Pre-Rendered Frames option."

"With the default settings of “Off,” the game’s engine will queue one to three frames at a time. The “On” setting will force the game to only queue a single frame, which is the same as setting Max_Prerendered_Frames to 1 in older NVIDIA drivers. The Ultra setting submits the frame “just in time” for the GPU to pick it up—there will be no frame sitting in the queue and waiting."

eracerhead likes this.
  17. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

I wish to add that, despite the advice to set this to "off", this setting has zero influence on the image smoothness on either of my PCs. So I leave it on ultra for the reduced lag.

18. Coanda

Coanda Alien

For me I push the limits for 60 FPS with things like 200% screen percentage. Switching this off has help me maintain this more often..

19. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Simracer

Throwing in a post:
    Thank you for your work, Kunos Simulazioni, i have so much fun with this sim, it runs smooth, looks awesome, feels awesome, sounds awesome, nothing really annoys me and it is pretty much usable for so many styles of racing and driving regarding the fact, having just one car class. It teached me some details in setup clearly (also thanks especially to Aris' streams), that i can use and apply in many sims i like, to get a very brilliant experience and i'm not even done yet, discovering all car- and track combinations in detail yet after so many hours in it. It has depth, it has immersion and attention to detail and it's an Assetto Corsa with a pretty good AI, what i appreciate very much!

Good ebaye...uh...development 9/10, would buy again! :D

Sorry for "short" fanboying interruption, just wanted to say thank you, you have delivered hard!

[ATF]Shanti and PLebre like this.
  20. JnJ | Rayleigh

JnJ | Rayleigh Simracer

Knowing that Kunos doesn't want/isn't allowed to create a realistic damage model I asked myself if we will maybe see inelastic collisions down the road..?

After seeing this video I just had to bring up this topic. (Not using iracing. Tried it for 3 months and left it there)