1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2020 Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by dave967, Oct 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elrann

Elrann Simracer

They are a bit stiffer, so I think primary there will be very slight difference in grip and some in wear.

HomieFFM likes this.
  2. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

Adding to @Elrann post: They only are mounted when you race 2020 series races. If you race a 2019 or 2018 race you will still have the "old" tires.

HomieFFM likes this.
  3. LukFry

LukFry Racer

">
    Im afraid this is the super special ultra sharp crystal clear UUHD resoloution straight outta your marketing departmend

Or just another time of day

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

4. Gupise

Gupise Gamer

The physics Is the same? We Need 2 set of setup for 2019 and 2020 Bop/tyres?

Last edited: Nov 11, 2020
  5. Felge Schneider

Felge Schneider Hardcore Simmer

Yes, the setups will be a bit different, but I wouldn't expect massive changes TBH.
    Somewhere Kunos already recommended to mark the Year in the Setups.

Btw. who also is hyped for next week?

Freddie Seng, its.me, AndyK70 and 6 others like this.
  6. HomieFFM

HomieFFM Racer

Somebody in the Racedepartment thread said:
    ''I can't wait to get my hands on a TWENTY FIVE POINTS TIRE MODEL™!''

Is that true? So the new tire model is not only a small stiffness and wear change?

7. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

The ™ shows it's a joke.

HomieFFM likes this.
  8. Thomas Fun

Thomas Fun Simracer

You have four tyres, so it should be 4*5=20 point model o_O

anthony galmiche likes this.
  9. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

Don´t forget the steering wheel, than you´ll have your 25 points :D

rolandhuijer likes this.
  10. RDGNL

RDGNL Simracer

Can't wait!

Flywheel, 30 :D

rolandhuijer likes this.
  11. pemigris

pemigris Rookie

I'm looking for the new AI, so with more idiot factor like it is in sim RL.
    Joking, just happy to see updated AI.

12. matt_had

matt_had Gamer

When I read the news about the 2020 tyre, I understood it to mean a new model of tyre for the game. I'm seeing a lot of people talking about a new tyre model and expecting a different tyre simulation.

I assume it means that the same tyre model and simulation is being used, but just that the 2020 tyre will behave slightly differently because that's how it is in real life.

13. Felge Schneider

I hope, Aris will make a blog about the new tyres. It really helps to understand their behaviour.

I have no idea, how people come to the assumption, that the simulation concept will be changed.

14. Dewald Nel

Dewald Nel Hardcore Simmer

This.

Many people seem to erroneously believe it's an entirely reworked tyre model, when in fact it's nothing more than an updated spec

15. anthonylroy

anthonylroy Hardcore Simmer

16. unknwn

unknwn Alien

While DHE is just a different spec Aris also mentioned in the stream that all GT3 tyres will get improvments which should result in more "playfulness" at the edge of the grip.

bgil66, AndyK70, PAPA JOHN 2 and 2 others like this.
  17. hertdere

hertdere Rookie

What I'm wondering, if it is ready for multiclass or not?

FloSimRace likes this.
  18. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

@hertdere -
    This is going to be very exciting - Panky mentions somewhere multiclass is very possible, the AI was not the obstacle (although I never understood this remark), while Stefano answered that he hopefully could still take care of this aspect. After these two slightly controversial remarks I was sufficiently confused (maybe some translation mistakes of mine?) Anyway, interesting what we will unpack on Wednesday :cool:

AndyK70 and mike reynolds like this.
  19. Felge Schneider

The AI in the moment is veeeery careful when it comes to overtakes.
    I believed this was the problem with multiclass since they have to lap the slower cars properly.
    This is different to lapping at the moment, where the backmarker GT3 slows down to let s.o. pass.

AndyK70 and sissydriver like this.
  20. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

I watch quite a lot of GT World Challenge and ADAC GT Masters (german gt3 series) and i have to say i was actually surprised how rough these guys sometimes drive. ACC gives me the feeling i need to drive the cars like a formula 1 car, zero contact. But in the real world series, there is almost no way your car wont get touched, shoved or whatever during a race.
    Its why i feel like it would be a cool thing to ease up the penalties during online races for mild touches, like, a system thats detecting the severeness of an impact. Trading paint or giving someone a gentle push should not result in having a safety rating impact displayed as its just part of the racing. And yes, even if this gentle push results in a spin. It can happen. At the end of the day the one who was spun out really does not care whether or not the one who hit him got -0,5points of SA.
    Whats more, it would be cool to see the AI doing actual mistakes, like braking too late or spinning out on gras etc. I have literally zero clue about AI programing but is it super hard to implement some behaviors that can occur random? Like lets say in a 10 min race with 20 cars 2 cars can spin out or brake too late etc. Or mechanical failures and you pass them while they stand on the side with smoke coming out of the engine bay...
    Or coolant or oil being spilled in a corner and you get a message by team radio telling you to be careful (or if too late you might already slip on it)
    And outside the driving line a bit of a dust being thrown up like iracing or gt sport do. Its really a neat effect thats contributing to how alive all feels :)
    Sorry, turned out in sort of a wish list :(

Last edited: Nov 12, 2020
    trutya likes this.