1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2020 Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by dave967, Oct 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maciej Malinowski

Maciej Malinowski Hardcore Simmer

More examples, let’s talk about wet driving :)

2. Unf

Unf Racer

^ above

TC 1 on wet? Is it "realistic"? ;)

3. Maciej Malinowski

Marciello used tc2 in the merc in spa superpole on slippery af track, so yes, and he used like what is tc2 in acc, which is Tc 10 in amg cause it’s reversed :), plus it’s just a 1 fast lap, not really useable for entire stint, 1 cause of tyres 2 it’s just way to oversteery to control and be on top of it all the time, but irl they really use some low Tc in the rain too

4. It's not? o_O
    But the guys on YT say so.

5. Maciej Malinowski

So it’s a cube then? :eek:

Want2BFast and After_Midnight like this.
  6. Felge Schneider

Felge Schneider Hardcore Simmer

Polyeder

After_Midnight likes this.
  7. Jonnela

Jonnela Racer

Now you are just starting to make insane statements haha, maybe you had a point in the beginning. But you are just losing your credibility the longer this goes on. Also do you think every sim is a failure then...?

8. devil in me

devil in me Racer

wouldn't be as fun if i didn't bring some wood into the fire.
    [​IMG]

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/53024911/capua-shall-i-begin.jpg
    ( how the f*ck i put a image here? ) lol

But i have heard, not quiet sure where and who was ( but or maybe david perel or nicky thiim), saying that all cars are understeery and u just do them less understeery (or more).
    Once again, and this one he already said several times, like pretty much every single video, ( u all probably will know right away who is), that lots of people confuse entry understeer, causing exit oversteer, with just oversteer. So people try to solve the oversteer in the setup just causing even more understeer. (if wasn't like this its pretty much the same ideia, or so).

Someone did a program in ACC tools, where u can check your understeer and oversteer. Its the same midnight said before for the tyre pressures.

Now for the killing blow, and then im crawling under my rock and roll into a shell waiting for the first stone to be trown.

Maciej Malinowski the last video on rain, i agree there was oversteer. but the other ones mmmmm kinda of a mix. I saw exactly what David says about entry understeer causing exit oversteer.

Now take into account im not saying u are not fast or u are driving wrong. One thing as nothing to do with the other. Everyone as their own style, if it fits u and u are fast ( as we know u are), then its the way it is for u.
    Maybe what im trying to say is that u already are experienced enough to control the car in a way u don't feel the understeer, or u avoid it well before it happens most of the times, and u don't even realise u are doing it.
    Exactly the same way when we lose the car and we don't know why and we blame the setup instead our inputs.

Now, for those who didn't get any of what i said, i agree with the feeling of the cars being understeery as the guy causing the fire said, but the problem is at his end, not with the game, he needs to learn how to input the car for avoid the understeer as Maciej Malinowski does.

Giving another example, for me the lambo feels understeery at entry, takes to much to turn in, whille the AMG is the opposite. For other people im crazy, they feel exactly the other way around !?

the arsonist could have provided onboard videos of himself driving, so people could make him realise it was his driving style causing the issue. But being that proud and sturborn, didnt help on anything.

Now, let me escuse and remove my self very slowly and quietly into my rock ...

Last edited: Dec 20, 2020
  9. devil in me

devil in me Racer

I smell blood coming my way, hmmmm getting h*rny already....

10. devil in me likes this.
  11. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

Maybe just turn off "Stability Control" from the Assists Page?

SC.jpg

12. devil in me

devil in me Racer

Perfect haha

13. FriendOfJah

FriendOfJah Racer

Here's a nice short video by Ermin Hamidovic of him racing the GT4 Camaro against the AI at Imola. I can't wait to try this out. He adjusts the Brake Bias several times in the race and sort of explains why. I have a dial setup on my Steering Wheel for this, but I've never really understood how to use it and when.

14. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

^ :)
    Thats my favourite racing combo now, so much fun.

Probably not the best car, my choice not based on logic, just emotional,... but for me, the best for fun, I also notice little or no tow, but seems to work at Spa though.

FriendOfJah likes this.
  15. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

since 1.6 for me nearly every combo is fun. after some laps - yess. baby! ;)

FriendOfJah, chksix and LATE4APEX like this.
  16. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

I agree! I keep driving the Maserati GT4 to improve my driving. In the beginning it was horrible and I even asked Aris for tips in a future video but now I've started to love the challenge of taming it. I'm still slowest around track but having a lot of fun. Also seeing Jardier drifting it like a king made me love it even more.
    I'm looking at it as choosing helicopters instead of fixed wing in x-plane for the challenge and learning curve.

FriendOfJah and sissydriver like this.
  17. Maciej Malinowski

Great video that, (also a bit understeery :p:p, if you know what I mean ;))

sps_for_race likes this.
  18. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

The reason why Bentley announced the end of the GT3 programme is, they had a big issue with the core characteristics of their physics engine. ;)

P.S.: It´s a fact, coz I say so!

wozza-m and chksix like this.
  19. Maciej Malinowski

20. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

Is this still the case? The reason I'm asking is that I don't recall ever seeing it in MP and I still don't have it.
    I don't have a custom engine.ini and test using Epic graphics in single screen mode. I only have it on my car.