1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2020 Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by dave967, Oct 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [​IMG]

Freddie Seng and Whitestar like this.
  2. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

It is just way more pronounced on the new EVO AMG, this is what I experienced as well.
    And it´s not a stalled engine, as the clutch is used, even the ABS Level almost doesn´t make a difference.
    Totally diffent to stop the AMG, than the Bentley.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2020
    #Race@Home likes this.
  3. Maciej Malinowski

Maciej Malinowski Hardcore Simmer

What you are experiencing is completely normal, abs settings doesn’t matter cause from 0-10kph or sth like that it’s off anyway, then locked tyres skipping on the tarmac is what you feel, then that feeling is gonna be different from car to car because of its natural characteristics, how it behaves in that particular scenario and how it reacts to there little skids and jumps with locked tyres for split second. And then it’s all transferred through the steering which is also different cause of the suspension geometry and steering rack design of each car, just one of those things that happen and on Mercedes in this case maybe it’s just most apparent, but completely normal :)

sissydriver likes this.
  4. Gopher04

Gopher04 Simracer

But why would you want to stall the engine?

5. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

you misunderstood
    you don't want it to happen,but if you brake hard and your driven wheels come to a nearby stop and your car does not have an anti-stall your engine will stall, then ABS kicks in, wheels begin to rotate again, engine fires up again, ABS disengages, engine stalls,...
    ...You feel rumble

I think some ways to work around this could be, set ABS higher, modify brake balance or even modify brake pressure.

6. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

It´s not me who is complaining about it, I´m just saying, it is more pronounced on the AMG.
    You adress the explanation to the wrong guy.
    If he @Wolkenwolf feels it in every other car, he has to find the issue somewhere else.
    I´m fine with it, but a stalled engine isn´t the issue here.

AndyK70 and #Race@Home like this.
  7. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

Did you even tried it?

8. Wolkenwolf

Wolkenwolf Racer

guys, the question is related to FEI - i can lower the effect of the rattling wheel and harsh curbs IF i turn down FEI, but then i lose a bit of nice effects. Its not related to ABS (doesn't matter 0 or 10) or clutch or sth else, its just an effect going overboard. And the question was also : is FEI 100% still valid ? thats an info from 2019 i found in a thread here from stefano i think. Is no one else having this violent shaking ? i can imagine with a DD it would rip your hands off

Btw the Nissan is perfectly fine, it rattles a bit , thats it. Car related bug ?

9. its.me

its.me Racer

I always had FEI on 100% but after update of Fanatec driver and FW just recently I had to reduce it to 80%. I had some rattle even on the track.

Wolkenwolf likes this.
  10. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

Values on my DD1 PC Driver 381, WB FW 680:

Wouldn´t call it a bug, but car related yes.
    That´s what I said before.

Wolkenwolf and #Race@Home like this.
  11. its.me

its.me Racer

Same driver version on my CSW2.5.

12. Bolibompa

Bolibompa Rookie

Does this happen to anyone else?

13. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

Freeze is nothing special for me. I have them sometimes. But it always has causes. I often start ACC and Thunderbird, Firefox, Discord, Twitch, Excel, Word, OBS, Notepad etc pp are still active.
    As soon as I essentially use only ACC, there is no freeze at all.
    There may also be other reasons for this. For me, it is (so far) exclusively my stupidity :rolleyes:

14. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

Not getting those kinda freezes, but damn that's a nice rig!

Bolibompa likes this.
  15. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

This Livery is not in the Game Sim, is it?

Porsche.JPG

Porsche_.JPG

Nox and #Race@Home like this.
  16. lordpatou

lordpatou Simracer

It mat cause the freeze.

Nox and #Race@Home like this.
  17. Bolibompa

Bolibompa Rookie

I only have SimHub running. It doesn't get any better when I drive with it off. I only use this computer for sim racing.

Thank you. =)

No, I don't know!?

What?

18. #Race@Home

#Race@Home Gamer

Custom livieries create a much bigger joining lag.

AndyK70, Elrann and After_Midnight like this.
  19. Bolibompa

Bolibompa Rookie

I found some folders in Documents\Assetto Corsa Competizione\Customs\Liveries. I think I added them for a league race once. Is it ok to remove them?

20. Sure, it's ok.