1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2021-2022-2023-2024 Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by pankykapus, Jan 1, 2021.

1. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

All that can be included in the “gameplay” aspect that Marco talked about some time ago as one of the main focus in the new title.

By the way, I don’t see AC2 being “just” more of the same of AC.
    Very doubtful that Kunos will not make use of all the knowledge acquired with ACC development.
    I’m much more inclined AC2 will be a much sophisticated blend of the two, mixing road and racing cars in different way than AC.
    Surely Kunos have learned a lot about a multitude of aspects related to cars, tyres and tracks in the past years, and there’s no reason to throw all that through the window instead of using all that learning.
    As Marco pointed out, the simulation aspect is well developed and will continue to improve, but the gameplay aspect, either offline or online, is where there’s much room for improvement and development.
    The AC2 gameplay improvements relative to AC and ACC will surely be paramount to differentiate it from the latter, making me think that the available choices offered to players of how to interact and play in new title will be profoundly different from what was offered previously, and will be the main area that will make AC2 distinguish itself apart.

PLebre likes this.
  2. Tundra

Tundra Hardcore Simmer

I read today it´s the 3th anniversary of ACC VR support. What a ride!

chksix and ohjeah like this.
  3. DoubleJ93

DoubleJ93 Gamer

The closest to iRacing is Low Fuel Motorsport:

- ELO rating including Splits and Divisions system with a leaderboard.
    - Safety Rating system with a leaderboard.
    - A valid LFM License required to race (hot stint of 7 valid laps), that can be lost if SR under 2.5 (you can get your license back of course).
    - Rules, Penalty and Protest system with Stewards.
    - 4 seasons per year.
    - 3 series: GT4 Sprint (15m qual - 30m race - every 2h), GT3 Rookie Sprint (15m qual - 25m race - every hour) and GT3 (15m qual - 45m race - 1pit for refuel - every 2h).

Last edited: Oct 10, 2021
    Nox, MrCooper, chksix and 1 other person like this.
  4. My ideal scenario would be for Kunos to concentrate on Assetto Corsa 2.....and make it ROAD CARS ONLY :D

Turk and sissydriver like this.
  5. WallyM

WallyM Alien

For AC2 , I'd like to see broadly the physics improvements from ACC, combined with ACC's night and dynamic weather settings, with a broad range of cars as in AC.
    For ACC2, I'd like to see any other touring car racing series simulated with the same level of detail.

sissydriver likes this.
  6. Joel 5

Joel 5 Rookie

Hey i have a question, how many cars can race at the same time at kyalami_2020?

7. Thomas Fun

Thomas Fun Simracer

8. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

I hope AC2 will not offer mod support. They should leave that playing field for AC1 and create with AC2 a closed curated environment just like with ACC.

9. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

Some people are asking for AC2 multi-player, rakings and match making to be like Iracing, just don't know if they are prepared to pay a monthly feed. And remember Iracing have been in development for more than 10 years

I hope that for AC2 they can secure more racing series licenses and even merge SRO series on it.
    State of art in terms of detail and fidelity for production cars in small add on packs so we haven't to wait a long time between releases.

jfb33, Adastros and LATE4APEX like this.
  10. Tundra

Tundra Hardcore Simmer

I find tricky merging ac moddable feature with closed, official, licensed competition.

Mogster, LATE4APEX and Dewald Nel like this.
  11. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

I mean a main exe, AC2, that can launch other modules like ACC, all in their newest engine that I hope will be an upgrade at all terms.

I seen Kunos / SRO been a good marriage, hope it will continue to be. So many work have been made for sim racing!

12. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

Good things cost money. Although in my opinion iRacing asks too much (I'd rather see them increase the subscription cost a bit and get rid of having to buy DLC), I'll still pay for it cuz in terms of actual non-league racing and competition/matchmaking, nothing comes close.
    I hope AC2 will be subscription based. It will mean Kunos will have a monthly income which means they can gradually expand the game by adding more series and more tracks. They've already made a good reputation for themselves, I think they're probably #2 in terms of simracing developers, which probably means they will have a decent playerbase from the start.

People are willing to spend money, look at iRacing with over 200.000 users.

13. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

Iracing fees are outrageously expensive.

Disregarding the promotion for new members, it costs from 13 USD/month (1 month subscription) to 8.29 USD/month (2 years subscription), plus VAT, for us in the EU.
    Adding to that, added cars and tracks are also paid, and the prices of those are undisclosed by Iracing for non-members, which means, before signing in, the player is completely unaware of the cost of new cars and tracks (clearly transparency is something Iracing is not worried about).
    In fact, all Iracing content can cost around 1.500USD, plus VAT (monthly fee not considered); before arguing that it's not required to buy all the content, this aspect is very relevant because it serves as a direct comparison to other sim titles and other online services (just imagine paying a monthly fee for Netflix, for instance, and then paying as well for each new movie/series you want to see).

Comparing Iracing with other online subscription services (Netflix, Amazon, HBO, F1 TV, Microsoft 365, etc.), clearly Iracing is the most expensive by far in terms of service/cost ratio.
    Plus, from all of those, Iracing is the one the based in the older technology. In fact, since Iracing started it never changed their core technology and just keeps updating it from time to time.

As a business it may be very good for IRacing, but for the player I sincerely don't see that the high cost agrees with what is made available.

So, as bottom line, yes, I wouldn't mind to pay a monthly fee for AC2 multiplayer access, or, better yet, for access to extra online services (what those could be is another debate entirely), but it would have to be much lower than what Iracing is charging to their members.
    AC2 content can be bought and used offline and online, added content (DLC) can be bought and used offline and online, basic multiplayer could be included with the sim (access to multiplayer lobby and basic rating), access to extended multiplayer ("official" races, championships, special events, detailed multiplayer rating and stats, etc) could be subjected to a monthly fee.
    Afterall, it's not uncommon for several online communities asking for their members to help with the costs of hiring and keeping a server and a PC for live transmissions. If in those communities the members "help" can be as low as 10€/year, a professional support for an extended multiplayer service would not shock if it were in the ballpark of the game price (ACC currently costs 40€ on Steam, so 3€/monthly fee for extended multiplayer doesn't sound that much)

But this is only me talking in terms of speculative AC2 future, as a potential future costumer, using IRacing as reference in the context of the current discussion in the last posts, as how AC2 will be is to be determined solely by Kunos business decision.

anthonylroy, th3o, LATE4APEX and 2 others like this.
  14. In a recent ir vs acc video, a biased guy were comparing the content offer, ignoring its cost. lol.
    "Iracing has literally ten times the tracks" "ten times the cars".........aaah the people

15. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

I do think it's irrelevant how much ALL iRacing content costs, because most people will never buy all content. I've been playing iRacing for about 3 years now, spent around 600 euros. That's about 200 euros per year, which isn't too bad for a hobby. Starting out in iRacing is expensive, but once you've got pretty much all the content you want/need, it's not that expensive anymore. At that point, it pretty much becomes the equivalent of buying a new F1 game + DLC every year.
    Aside from that, if you own 40 pieces you will save 20% on any new buys and if you own all content you will get 30% discount. But that's besides the point.

I have no clue either what Kunos wants for the next game. Just expressing my hopes :) I simply prefer a game that keeps it interesting for me to play it. ACC is a great game, but lacks in the multiplayer aspect.
    The only way I can think of to get a good multiplayer experience, is a system similar to iRacing, which means a monthly subscription. I have no clue how high those fees would be to keep it sustainable, but I would pay for it nonetheless, because I want to race people and have fun playing my hobby.

16. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

I will prefer to pay for Addons and upgrades than a monthly feed.
    Kunos always had left space for other to promote other services and plug-ins.

LATE4APEX likes this.
  17. If kunos provided communities the possibility to integrate what they already offer through websites, but in the game, I think we would all be happy already.
    I do not mean only the possibility to show scheduled events and their features or to sign up from within the game, but also the integration with ratings like CP to all the events that match the requirements, with overall standings and all that stuff.

18. Darmote

Darmote Gamer

But why, why offering scheduled races has to mean that you would have to pay a monthly fee? Because that's what iRacing does? iRacing has no competence and that's why they can take as much money as they want from their clients. SimRacingSystem has been doing this for 5 years for FREE, now there are a lot of platforms that does the same also for free, and even ACC is already offering scheduled races with the competition servers, why would having not only one CP server but five or six and implementing a leaderboard would require you to pay every month for it?
    And I wouldn't mind to pay for a better multiplayer system, but I'm sure that this won't happen because trying to beat Iracing in its same field is almost impossible with the current player base that they have.

19. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

The fee I’m speculating would be for multiplayer-extended access only.

Roughly speaking , the “basic” offer - it’s unthinkable to release a sim game without some sort of multiplayer - it’s basically what we currently have in ACC: access to lobby, to public servers and player ratings.

Considering more than that surely increase Kunos costs (or for any developer, for that matter) for development, management and support, and, from a business perspective must have some form of revenue to do it.

Although, as anyone else, I to would consider to be great to have it all for nothing, it’s simply not sustainable for any company to work that way, therefore choices have to be made in what and how their products are offered.
    It doesn’t mean it’s not possible to find other solutions than a monthly revenue in the form of a subscription fee paid by the players, so that can cover the investment and operating costs of the added services, but could be harder to manage it by depending solely of added content sold and upgrades that can attract an increasing number of players with a steady increase of number of copies sold.

20. If they provide the servers and all the rest, there are even mantainence costs. But if they provide the platform, it depends, it is not mandatory that you gotta pay a monthly fee.
    I mean, I think simgrid is free (I may be wrong), while sim.gp is not free.
    The first one is a platform, the second one provides the aws servers.