1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2021-2022-2023-2024 Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by pankykapus, Jan 1, 2021.

1. devil in me

devil in me Racer

Unfortunately I never had the feeling for the Nordschleife. Don't have a feeling at all for it. Can't even understand the appeal for it.

anthonylroy and Dewald Nel like this.
  2. devil in me

devil in me Racer

With all that said, should I go race after 1.5 meters (this should be a private joke for some) of home made wine?

Damn that wine was sweet and tasty as f...

3. Mathieu Labbé

Mathieu Labbé Hardcore Simmer

If that doesn't deserve a ban I dont know what does. :p

I mean, of course everyone is entitled to their own likings and preferences... But, personally I fully understand the appeal and quite frankly, I'd lose it if that rumour becomes reality somehow.

Just look at an onboard of the first lap of the 2020 24h race there and try not to giggle all the way. The skill required to let alone lap consistently there is huge. My brain simply cannot process how these drivers are able to race so close to each other without bumping and ending the race on lap 1 (which is probably what would happen in ACC).

4. devil in me

devil in me Racer

Oh but I get it in real live. Must be something out of this world.. I just don't have the feeling in the sim. Just don't like big tracks at all.

5. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

@Mathieu Labbé - this forum software offers you the excellent opportunity to put people who steal you life time on the ignore list. hopefully there is no limit.

6. devil in me

devil in me Racer

I'm on your ignore list??

7. I love the Nords discussion again and again - it is very entertaining. :) And, don't get me wrong, I love that track, I have lived close by for a couple of years, I have driven on it in my private car, I have done several hundred laps on Nords in AC, even held a couple of lap records on RSR live timing - BUT I think it is overrated for ACC. It does not produce good racing at all. We all know that "the mountain" (aka bathurst) usually produces "survival races" even in the competition top split. It is so easy to get caught in someone's mistakes and be out. And that applies on bathurst for about 4km of track. On the Nordschleife it will be the whole track, except the long straight (Döttinger Höhe), and even there the walls are close and bumping cars will be thrown back onto the track. It would be mayhem and I'm afraid it would soon loose it's appeal in public racing, maybe even in CP races. Even without the licensing SRO issue I could understand if Kunos would invest their efforts somewhere else. Nevertheless - I want Nords!! I love it!

One good thing about it would be that with Nords finally not everyone would have a 99 TR rating. Imagine 4 consecutive error free laps in a GT3/4 car... That's no small task. ;)

AdamYanek, aotto1977, JanR and 4 others like this.
  8. Dewald Nel

Dewald Nel Hardcore Simmer

Agreed, it's no fun in a sim to me. I also don't get the irrational hate one gets when airing this view, it's a matter of taste.

Also, the assumption train regarding that poster his cute - it clearly says 2021, which has already been confirmed without Nords, so there goes that. It's nothing but an "artist's impression" who probably looked up "cool GT3s" and had no idea the track isn't even on the series calendar.

9. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

There some really fun parts on Nords, unlike any other track, but put together as a track for close racing, agreed, don't think its worth the expense/effort.

Would more appreciate the money/effort put into some North American tracks like Mosport and the Glen.

Of coarse I'm biased, being Canadian, and like tracks with elevation change, the more the better.

10. devil in me

devil in me Racer

Motorsport it's very good and fun.. Would be amazing for sure.

LATE4APEX likes this.
  11. mister dog

mister dog Alien

I think we can all agree on one thing, this game needs more tracks! :D

chksix, fsuarez79 and devil in me like this.
  12. devil in me

devil in me Racer

We have some. But server owners only know one...
    But agree. We need a few more

mister dog likes this.
  13. Rogue Leader

Rogue Leader Hardcore Simmer

At this point I just want people to use more of the tracks we have.

I play late in the evening (US), so hard for me to join a league or whatever. I play open lobbies and I like to race against big grids. The big grids are on Spa or Monza, mostly Monza. Sometimes you get lucky and get a good race at Imola, Nurburgring, or Silverstone. Everything else its 5 or 6 cars tops, gets boring.

pdf3108, AndyK70 and devil in me like this.
  14. bhowe83

bhowe83 Racer

Yeah I wish alongside the CP server Kunos would host some casual servers with a good rotation as well that run at all times. The classic 10 minute qualifying and 20 minute race lobbies are always pretty popular but it's always the same few tracks.

CP races are too long and too far in between for me to find them appealing.

AndyK70 and devil in me like this.
  15. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Simracer

With the recent announcement of the SRO-Fanatec partnership and the GT2 season launch, I think it's more likely that we'll see more cars (GT2) instead of tracks.
    Now, I'm not to complain about a GT2 DLC if it'd ever happen but given a choice, I'd still prefer some North American/Asian tracks instead.

LATE4APEX likes this.
  16. Ryan Rennoir

Ryan Rennoir Gamer

simgrid daily cough cough ;)

17. wh1ske9

wh1ske9 Rookie

Another interesting question that i haven't heard an answer for is - will Kunos return to "laking" from 2020 GT World challenge DLC Magny-Course and renovated Zandvoort? I know they are abcent cause dev's just couldn't get on those tracks during quarantine, but anyway, that doesn't mean that those will not appear in acc. About Nordschleife I would say that this track is must-have for long endurance races, cause, for example, in 24h race it's important to be in challenge for all your stint. I had that feeling during 24h of Panorama on Audi, cause in middle sector u are always on the limit, and the same thing would be at Nordschleife too. And due to that fact that it is a very long track, it makes some competitiveness too, cause it would be very hard to make consecutive and fast laptimes. But i think this track isn't nessesary in this moment of time, and it would be very hard to devs to recreate that, and i think it could make some optimization problem too. I think we need more tracks like Magny, American tracks like Road America and Asian tracks like Fuji as well. All we could do is to wait for a new announcements, hope they will apprear after BGT release, which will come very soon (I hope we will see Mustang GT4 and Supra GT4). Peace!

18. Dewald Nel

Dewald Nel Hardcore Simmer

Anyone know what this means?

AndyK70, chksix and devil in me like this.