1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2021-2022-2023-2024 Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by pankykapus, Jan 1, 2021.

1. Akbalder

Akbalder Racer

Lacking=missing?

2. wh1ske9

wh1ske9 Rookie

I mean that in dlc this tracks aren't represented, and i'm asking whether Kunos will add them in future. Thats better? Sry for my bad English(.

mister dog likes this.
  3. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

The same questions are always answered, somehow a different system of information flow would be needed.

@wh1ske9 - its delayed cause of the pandemy. nobody knows what the next months will be like, so SRO and Kunos and the Simracers can only wait and see what happens.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2021
  4. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

Edit: nvm

5. Dewald Nel

Dewald Nel Hardcore Simmer

Laking != lacking. It doesn't fit in with the sentence structure either - not in English anyway.

And the fact that it was put in double quotes seemed like it didn't mean something obvious.

Anyway, he clarified.

wh1ske9 likes this.
  6. mister dog

mister dog Alien

We race every Saturday at 8PM eastern and rotate the tracks so the experience stays fresh, we also do one night and wet race per series (5 races). We just finished now, but series 9 will start in a couple of weeks so feel free to check us out: https://discord.gg/8NZ6DXj

7. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

Don't quote me on this, but I think the updated Zandvoort was never in the plans, only Magny Cours was, but it was not possible because of the pandemic.

Now that the 2020 DLC is already out, I'm not sure how they would do it if they finally manage to scan and create the track. Sell it as a separate track? give it for free to owners of the 2020 DLC? Or not?

Anyway, this is just speculation. Whatever Kunos does will be fine for me.

Dewald Nel likes this.
  8. Dewald Nel

Agreed - I will definitely pay for a Magny-Cours/new Zandvoort DLC. It's not reasonable to expect it to be included with the already-released cheap 2020 DLC as that price was based on work done - Magny-Cours/Zandvoort was not included in that, and it was reflected in the price.

chksix likes this.
  9. icemanzp

icemanzp Simracer

In 2021 season Valencia added. And would be nice to see updated pit entry and exit in Paul Ricard. With Magny-Cours and new Zandvoort would be great DLC)
    PS. GT2 series will race on Hockenheim this season. Another interisting track:rolleyes: And cars..)

10. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

Nothing was ever planned particularly. The DLC came together due to the fact that the two cars were possible to make without physical presence, and we had the chance and extreme luck to renew our partnership with Imola and process the track on site as a chunk of our team could travel there freely. This was then complemented with all liveries, tyre data and BOP, which was enough to release as a comprehensive package, rather than a semi-hack integration as complementary content into the existing season(s). It then received a price that reflects what's inside, nothing is pending.

The pandemic has prevented and continues to prevent anything further, but in terms of what was and is supposed to be there in the DLC has never been more than speculation and wishful thinking from the public.
    It also never meant "currently impossible, will surely come once the plague is over". There are no concrete plans beyond what users were actually given or publicly promised, never have been.

Freddie Seng, kamkie, nfsw55 and 9 others like this.
  11. mister dog

mister dog Alien

Vaccines have arrived, 'sources' have confirmed to me that the plague is scheduled to be over by the summer so plans can be made once more :D.
    Also would creating tracks using existing LIDAR or laserscan data be an option and then update them later on when you can travel to the spot? In any case I hope ACC sees support for the coming years so many more tracks can be added to the roster still. The possibilities are endless with all the tracks that already fall (or fell) under the SRO license.

12. icemanzp

icemanzp Simracer

Sound like we shouldn't expect nothing after the British GT pack this year..

13. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

It was obviously meant in relation to the assumptions made regarding the 2020 DLC and what was and wasn't promised and supposed to be a part of it, not sure how that conclusion about the rest of the year was drawn.

14. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

I don't think so. ACC really took off in 2020 and it continues growing its user base so it is rather logic that they continue to work on it.

Edit: ninja'd by a dev :D

Edit 2: take a look at the charts:
    Comparing 5 apps · SteamDB

15. anthony galmiche

anthony galmiche Simracer

It is an outline of the present intrinsic behavior.

16. Dewald Nel

Yeah, but speculation and reading too much into simple things is an international sport on these forums.

chksix, CatXn, sps_for_race and 2 others like this.
  17. Nico1979

Nico1979 Racer

It would be nice to have a new roadmap for 2021 regarding Sim updates. I mean new features in the Sim itself like tyre modell upgrade which came with 1.6. Regarding content DLCs I can understand that this is impossible due the pandemic situation.

18. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

@Nico1979

Aris said in the stream, just like Panky here, everything is in limbo at the moment because of the Pandemy.
    So improvements will come in ACC, that's for sure.
    But the problem with the improvements is (and this should be known here by now) - you can't just say - March better aero / June dynamic weather etc.
    If there are problems and the feature is not implementable at all?
    So continue the tried and tested way - updates come when they come with what they contain. That is the most honest way (I would also prefer to know everything in a detailed roadmap.;) -
    for my nerves alone and for better sleep :cool:)

JanR, AndyK70 and sps_for_race like this.
  19. Nico1979

Nico1979 Racer

Okidoki. I see. Im exited for every update anyway ;-)

sissydriver likes this.
  20. Rogue Leader

Rogue Leader Hardcore Simmer

Thank you for the invite. Unfortunately 8pm I'm still putting the toddlers to bed. Would not go over well with the wife haha.

mister dog likes this.