1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2021-2022-2023-2024 Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by pankykapus, Jan 1, 2021.

1. iRacing intruduced pretty much exactly this feature last year, its a really good time saver!

2. Headsup! 456.5mb Update now coming down the steam pipe!

CrazyJow likes this.
  3. CrazyJow

CrazyJow Rookie

FORD MUSTANG GT3 and ASTON MARTIN EVO Pleeeeeeaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeee
    upload_2024-4-12_5-55-16.png

Tarmac Terrorist likes this.
  4. Haha! well it is a reasonable size update, but Im not optomistic its big enough for new content! Love your optomisim though!:)

5. This is in the changelog, but thought we'd already had this patch?
    - Fixed broadcasting API not sending N24 track_info.
    - Broadcasting API: fixed world position data.
    - Broadcasting API: fixed position in cup.
    - Enabled the N24 weight in advanced Multiplayer preferences page.
    - Fixed missing sector information in timetable in MP when sector time is above a minute.

6. Jonnela

Jonnela Racer

That is indeed the last patch. No official notes on the patch from today from what I can see. Game version is also the same, so it is something minor I guess.

Tarmac Terrorist likes this.
  7. Thanks for confirming, was starting to second guess myself. Cheers!

8. shadow15982

shadow15982 Rookie

Changelog was not touched with this patch, so until someone figure it out, no way to tell what's been updated... Damn I wish they would stop to do that and just inform us about updates content...

9. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

Stefano left long time ago. Kunos proved that they could deliver without him. Aris - dunno what has happened. But i am not worried. Maybe next sentence is bit harsh: But maybe Stefano and Aris layed both the fundament and now its time for others to finish/make it better. Or more positive - the fundament is so good that Evo benefits from him. I am not worried. And after seeing what they delivered with nords and thinking that this is exactly what Stefano and Aris are standing for (real simulation value) i am VERY confident that AC Evo will be a blast. We will see my fren ;)

10. Jonnela

Jonnela Racer

Of course, as with anything, there is always a chance for a bad product to release. But Kunos has been a frontrunner in sim racing. When ACC first released there was no AMS2, iRacing didn't have rain of any kind, or even dynamic day/night cycles. ACC had both. So why now, that AC is likely the biggest simracing IP and Kunos has the most resources are people not expecting big things from them? It is not 2018, look at the market, there are expectations.

Luis Branco likes this.
  11. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Expect a choir of disgruntled CSP/SOL users of how much better modded AC looks. :D

12. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Alien

Among whatever was changed through main executable files, there was at least a graphics fix to the 24H Nur track. So, no wonder the delta needed some hundreds of MB to patch the main pak file.

13. Mogster

Mogster Alien

GTR did it 20 years ago.

14. anthony galmiche

anthony galmiche Simracer

15. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

I assume this has already been seen here, just in case,... not.

16. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Sorry 'bout that everybody, thought this was something "new" from Kunos.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2024
  17. Dewald Nel

Dewald Nel Hardcore Simmer

Everything OK at home?

18. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Not getting his knee down…amateur.

19. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

I get the knee thing,... but you guys lost me on everything else.:confused:

20. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Simracer

Just wanted to write a small post to share my joy of falling back in love with this game these days.

I know some things aren't perfect (especially for us offline guys) but overall, it has really become an awesomely mature package.

We have great presentation (Graphics/GUI/Showroom etc.), we have great physics, we have all the information, tools and mechanics needed to really manage our race weekends. And by now we also have a metric crap-ton of content, from six years of official GT3 racing as well as mixed class in British GT, supporting series (GT4/GT2/Cups) or even a totally wild mix of cars at Nords24h. We still have the awesome support of people like @pankykapus and all the knowledge that Aris shared on his excellent YT channel. For me that's the secret of a good sim, or any game really - a lot of challenging situations and moments to chose from according to your own skill level, but also the aids and support to grow and get better.

Friends of mine regularly meet up to race GT7 on their playstations, and I enjoy hanging out and playing with them for laughs, but those mixed-type "earn your car" games with no realistic background never truly appealed to me. On the contrary in ACC, when Valentino Rossi overtakes me in his #46, or I'm chasing the Iron Dames in my McLaren Evo in a "what if" version of a real 2023 season (both people I was fortunate to see racing in person), this is where I suspend disbelief and love my job as a virtual racing driver.

It's been more than five great years, and I can't really see myself switching to any new fancy thing anytime soon. This is the next best thing to owning a GT3 car, and a damn lot cheaper.