1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2021-2022-2023-2024 Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by pankykapus, Jan 1, 2021.

1. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

Also, Marco is asking for some modders to create the cars from "Wacky Racers". He said he'll get the license for those. Anyone?

Joking aside, I totally agree that AC is about the pleasure of driving, and it's great to hear they want to go back to road cars. I am personally addicted to driving the Ferrari 458 Italia at LA Canyons, I think it's just the most enjoyable thing to do in a driving sim.

2. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

My takeaway from the Interview wie Marco is that a part of the team is still working and improving ACC but that they are also already exploring their options for the next AC title.
    Though it also depends on their ongoing talks with SRO. If there will be the chance for more DLC for ACC with the Asia and US part of the series, then thats also a possibility. So its basically "Lets wait and see", does not sound as if anything is set in stone yet. Not the ongoing development for ACC and also not a next AC game. It can swing to either side.

3. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

I hope the next game from Kunos will be on something other than UE4. You don't have to worry about the rest.

FloSimRace likes this.
  4. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

i guess depending on what engine they use, the game will take more or less time.
    if they decide for example after evaluating that UE5 might be a good fit for their needs then why not go with that
    on the other hand developing their own engine takes considerable amount of time but they can ofc tailor it to their very specific needs (and also create technology based on it).
    guess everything here has pluses and minuses, just depends on the invidual needs of Kunos as a developer. i can imagine it's not an easy task to decide a direction.
    gotta be smart about it as you commit your studio to a 5-6 yrs direction and especially a small studio needs to plan its steps much more careful than some giant who can also just simply decide to cancel a game after years and years of development if they feel like it.

5. Mogster

Mogster Alien

At least the SRO licence gave Kunos access to those tracks like Suzuka and Bathurst that were licence unobtainable for AC.

For AC2 I’d like to see road cars and Horizons type driving sandbox with maps representing different parts of the world. It wouldn’t require hugely expensive licences either. Alongside that I’m hoping ACC development continues for the race GT element, there are plenty of tracks to include still. US and Asia particularly. Even Zandvoort and Barcelona are worthy of updates now, Barcelona T10 is totally different for 2021.

MonzterPixel and Turk like this.
  6. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

I would not expect any open world sim any time soon from Kunos. Playground Games are well over 200 people, Kunos has 25. How could they achieve smth like this?
    No, i think as far as an AC2 goes the "more of the same" formula of AC1 can apply here very well. If i get basically a bigger and better AC1 with shiny new graphics i am totally happy with it.

7. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I have never tried any of these open racing games.. Are the ffb/ physics as bad as some suggest..?

If some how a developer manages to mix car mechanic sim with maps similar to euro/us truck sim and there is good ffb and physics with something worth while to achieve that would kill it. Hopefully one day..

8. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

Physics are good for that type of game: Arcade racing games. And should never be played with a wheel/pedals or be approached from a sim racers perspective. You would do yourself and the game a disservice.
    Also we should not forget that creating an open world sim racing game would not only be about having a huge number of cars (and all to a top notch level of physics etc) and also not only about creating that huge world and make it appealing, full of life etc, but you also need to fill that world with things to do, different mechanics, some kind of story, something that makes you excited to progress through the game. And thats a huge thing to get right and even AAA studios struggle with it.
    Even creating the game world there are 100 or more people sitting at it for years probably. So yeah. Theres that.

BrunUK and Coanda like this.
  9. ohjeah

ohjeah Hardcore Simmer

If compared to proper sims, then definitely yes. No point in even trying with a wheel imo..

But then again their aim is propably to have fun driving experience with a game pad.

Felge Schneider and Coanda like this.
  10. Coanda

Coanda Alien

The level of F1 2020 physics and ffb would be extremely good enough for me.

@th3o - I thought PC3 might go down that path but no.. I reckon Rockstar could do it. I just got into RDR2 a few weeks ago. That thing is a masterpiece! Horse physics are better than iR, ACC, AMS2 put together.. :p:cool:

Last edited: Feb 9, 2021
    Whitestar and th3o like this.
  11. Turk

Turk Alien

It wouldn't have to be a full on open world. But a large map of roads for road cars. So they could have a generic Italian map, or a generic America map. As long as they can allow mods the modders could fill in the gaps.

I have said before it might be cool to have ACC for racing and AC for road cars. But I guess the issue is if you take the serious racing out of AC what are you left with for a game?

12. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Ai multi class confirmed for British GT season.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2021
  13. Nico1979

Nico1979 Racer

anything about AI pace in 1.7?

14. MrGit@Twitch

MrGit@Twitch Hardcore Simmer

...and it's brilliantly done. :)

15. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

I'm curious about Stefano's work with the AI. I've been away from ACC for a few months, so can anyone clarify if there have already been some updates based on that or it's all still to come?

16. Elrann

Elrann Simracer

Yes, there was major AI update already. If there be another, who knows

17. MrGit@Twitch

MrGit@Twitch Hardcore Simmer

Is that the clattering of F5 keys I hear this morning?

IMG_20210210_070324.jpg

gunner1483, Radfahrer, rycil and 2 others like this.
  18. Dewald Nel

Dewald Nel Hardcore Simmer

You have very good hearing, considering my distance from you. :cool:

sissydriver likes this.
  19. Tundra

Tundra Hardcore Simmer

wow seeing the McL 650S GT3 on the video brought a lot of memories, one of my favourite cars!

sissydriver and romandevision like this.
  20. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

So nice to see that Kunos is doing well. Marco laughs so much, there is beautiful new content coming our way. :)