1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2021-2022-2023-2024 Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by pankykapus, Jan 1, 2021.

1. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

Well, there's more things in the game that aren't realistic :p I personally don't care about test tracks tho.

2. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

My view is that it's pointless on sub-2 minute tracks, I don't see a real-life use case for nailing a specific corner without its context from the rest of the lap.

I could see a use case on long tracks like Nords where you can feasibly split the track learn sections of it, the music metaphor works better here.
    I never bothered to learn the last section because I always got bored by then, **** knows what comes after the small carousel (yes, this is bait).

Last edited: Mar 21, 2021
  3. Cirith Ungol

Cirith Ungol Simracer

Nordschleife confirmed :D

Turk, Winston, CatXn and 6 others like this.
  4. Rogue Leader

Rogue Leader Hardcore Simmer

Since I was the one called out I need to jump in here. I love how when the word "realistic" is mentioned in relation to this sim (or any sim really) people come out of the wood work talking about how its not realistic because you're not taking a **** in the track bathroom or any of a number of other details that really comes down to being facetious.

Its a computer program, a game, we all know that. In the context of it being a game that simulates racing, in that feeling of vehicle dynamics, competition, tires, race weekend progression, BoP, etc it is realistic. Just because I am not eating ****ty track food before the race or I don't have to do a press conference does not make it not realistic. How many race weekends have you participated in? Sure the excitement and sound of being at the track take it to another level. The fact you could conceivably die out there, etc. However there is no way to model that in game. What can be modeled is race cars, tires, etc. And in this game it is, exceedingly well in comparison to its cohorts. So yes, its realistic.

As someone who has actually went to multiple competition schools and actually held an IMSA license at one point let me tell you how much time I've spent on a "test track" in training. The FIRST day of Skip Barber we did some skid pad and autocross type drills with cones for about 1 hour, and some braking drills on the main straight at Lime Rock for another hour. That was it. I spent 3 more days there plus countless other days in their advanced schools, practice and training weekends, etc, doing full laps of whatever track we were at. I even went to rally driving school. Spent about a day smashing through the same corner over and over trying certain techniques, and then never did that again, went straight into full laps.

As @stefanoCasillo said, if you need to beat the crap out of the same corner over and over again, you don't understand what goes into going fast in a full lap. You would benefit more from doing practice laps at the track of your choice then beating the piss out of a single corner over and over, because the reality is, in a race when theres other cars, different temps, tire degradation, etc, all your prep for that corner goes right out the window.

5. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

^
    Agree, especially the part about beating on one specific corner, when that one corner's technique can be influenced by the proceeding corner, and have an effect on the next corner, which may lead onto the longest straight for example,

And getting one specific type if corner "right", leaves how many other corner configurations, that we would not get absolutely "right".

Rogue Leader likes this.
  6. Unf

Unf Racer

About realistic...

Kiardon likes this.
  7. Rogue Leader

Rogue Leader Hardcore Simmer

And one more point I forgot. Kunos is a small team with limited resources. We all would rather spend those resources adding things like the Asian or American series tracks to the game than a test track that nobody is going to use.

Winston, Serge M and Dewald Nel like this.
  8. WallyM

WallyM Alien

People just don't understand analogies any more.

Me: "Practising one corner of a circuit is like practising one section of a musical piece".

Forum: "But driving is nothing like playing the guitar".

Me: Sighs.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2021
    ohjeah likes this.
  9. Maciej Malinowski

Maciej Malinowski Hardcore Simmer

ppl thinking it's about repetition and driving like a robot is the biggest ****ing lie in simracing, everyone want's to practice everything apart from the sheer car control itself which is needed to execute everything else therefor just making everything 100x harder. If we want to make analogies it's like practising a certain section of a song without knowing how to properly hold the guitar in your hands and having it fall on the floor every few seconds XD
    And yet we have all those ppl trying to 'drive' a formula cars fast but not being able to contol a GT4s on/over the limit...
    Why is it turned around on it's head in simracing I never undeerstood that o_O

chksix, Rogue Leader and Dewald Nel like this.
  10. Look that they got you. They are just saying you analogy is wrong for them.

Let me say: "sighs".

11. Let's try to explain: excluding hotlap mode, it's better to practice the whole lap, the more laps the better. The reason is that you need to know how the car reacts to changes, many changes.

For this reason, you must remember what happened in the previous lap, be able to read the current state of your car, in order to get the corner as fast and also as safe as possible.
    If you want to practice only one corner, it means you are too lazy to do the whole lap and aquire the whole set of informations.
    Change this and you will already be 1 second faster.
    Lololololol.

LATE4APEX, Rogue Leader and Gopher04 like this.
  12. Unknownuser

Unknownuser Rookie

So I booted up ACC after a long time and remembered there was something odd about fullscreen settings. It seems like ACC doesnt use exclusive fullscreen, because ALT-TAB immediately shows windows without "disengaging" fullscreen. I tried switching between window and fullscreen in options but that didnt help. Anyway, I went to the EXE files and set them to disable fullscreen optimizations in Win10. Suddenly I could tell the exclusive fullscreen works which gave me another 5-10FPS + slightly less input lag :) (not an amazingly huge difference but im very sensitive about these things)

I didnt want to make a new thread as maybe this is common knowledge.... But for those wondering about the same, the above helps :)

13. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

Those wondering about the same, maybe wouldn't have understood what you did by going to the EXE files.

14. What?!? I need fps like water!!! Tell me more!!! Speak!!!

15. Mitja Bonca

Mitja Bonca Alien

New update 272MB. Anyone knows what is it about?

16. Unknownuser

Unknownuser Rookie

haha, YMMV of course but give it a go if your system/game uses the pseudo fullscreen:

Find the main EXE file in ACC folder, go to properties and check this in compatibility tab: "disable fullscreen optimizations"

Luis Branco likes this.
  17. Wait a minute, it improves even if im using it in fullscreen?

18. Unknownuser

Unknownuser Rookie

For me it did yes, because (at least on my system) the ACC fullscreen wasnt the true/exclusive fullscreen.

Salvatore Amato likes this.
  19. You don't know how much exciment is making me shake hoping it's the case also for me. Finger crossed.

20. Unknownuser

Unknownuser Rookie

Dont expect miracles though, I used couple of test scenarios (same track same conditions) and it was 5-10 fps max but it might be totally different on another system, as an example, start of IMOLA hotlap was 100 fps instead of 96, and down by the esses 76 instead of 70.

Main reason I do this is that non-exlusive fullscreen causes a tiny input lag and I hate that, so just for that Im glad it sorted it.

This is what I mean, random video of ACC where he shows both game wheel and his, you can see when he corrects the oversteer after the turn at 28:09, the wheels are out of sync during fast movements. True fullscreen + low latency in nVidia helps that a lot (in my case).

Last edited: Mar 22, 2021
    Salvatore Amato likes this.