1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2021-2022-2023-2024 Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by pankykapus, Jan 1, 2021.

1. expor

expor Gamer

Actually the way fullscreen behaves seems different everytime I open the game. Sometimes I can 'instant' alt-tab other times I need to tab out twice to make it toggle, as if sometimes it's in true fullscreen and other times it's not. Haven't figured out yet what causes that.

I see the above when using triple screen. When I start the game with 1 screen it does not behave like that, it always requires double alt-tab then...

2. Plus to me it happens everytime I get a fatal crash, that a picture of the game appears. Can it be related?

3. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

Try using F11 instead?

4. Gopher04

Gopher04 Simracer

Just wondering this fullscreen issue you guys are having are you all on Win 10?

5. Alt tab does nothing for me, so i guess i would have no gain

6. aaron0288

aaron0288 Hardcore Simmer

I’ve tried doing that to attempt to solve a stuttering issue and dropped frames all of a sudden, but when I check “disable fullscreen optimisation”, as soon as I start ACC, the screen just flickers. Anyone know why? PC is connected to a Sony 4K TV if that helps. Running native 4K in windows but 1440p in ACC. Could that be why?

7. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer

anthony galmiche and Luis Branco like this.
  8. m_box97

m_box97 Simracer

9. Cholton1982

Cholton1982 Gamer

OK just gave this a quick go , I was in a Championship practice session at Monza heavy rain maximum grid when I remembered this post. So I returned to the pits and saved the game.
    Exited out and unchecked the box in the exe file like you said , upon returning back into the game and reloading the save my gpu usage dropped from 99% to around 75-80%. I use vsync so my fps are capped at 60.
    Will have to test more but a definite difference so thank you.

10. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

I tried as well right now on a replay (race start in the rain). I did not notice any difference in FPS. When I have the time I'll test some more and check the GPU load.

On another note, a problem i ALWAYS have in ACC is the F11 key. Whenever i press F11 to enter windowed mode, and then press it again to return to Full Screen, the game starts stuttering, and there is no way to get back to normal. The funny thing is that pressing F11 again the game runs flawlessly in windowed mode, but always stutters in full screen. Because of this I never press F11, under no circumstances. Using Alt+tab brings no issues instead.

11. DirectX code for fullscreen stuff is such a sad affair, the documentation is atrocious and nobody seem to talk about these stuff.

I remember loosing my sanity with AC1 trying to make it work "properly" and ended up with an initialization code that is super complex and it works... more or less, most of the times :p.
    Then when ACC started I was curious to have a look at the UE4 code to see how they did this.. and it was basically textbook DirectX 11 tutorial example code.. way way simpler than AC1.

I thought well.. perhaps they know better and I didn't really get it.. so I tried to use the UE4-like simpler init code in AC1 and all the problems with fullscreen came back.

It's really a mess

12. Zenzenzic

Zenzenzic Gamer

I gave this a try as well. I gained one FPS running a replay with FSO disabled. There was no difference in input lag.

13. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

I'm going to disable FSO as well as I have issues with alt-tab also
    When alt-tabbing ACC often hangs and can't even access task manager although I'm able to see it running in the background window but can't bring it front to access it and kill ACC)

Sometimes I forget to start TS, mandatory in the league races I run, and I have to leave the server and quit ACC to start TS and then re-enter again.
    I also only have sound in ACC once I click any mouse button, any keyboard key or any controller button.
    Obviously to navigate in ACC menu I have to press anyone of those and with it I have sound back, but, for example, I don't have sound when I let ACC intro run.

Going to check if with FSO disabled those issues are gone.

14. RDGNL

RDGNL Simracer

Tip: instead of alt+tab use Win+Control+D. This will create a new desktop where you can run task manager or TS without interfering with fullscreen applications. Switch between desktops using Win+Control+Left and right.

JanR, Creegz, Whitestar and 2 others like this.
  15. That was an interesting read.
    In my system I have no problems with overlays or whatever some guys are having.
    But my system has such low power, that I never run anything else while playing.
    So I will disable the optimizations anyway, because i dont care about thw best of both worlds. Thanks for posting it.

16. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer

That's clever! I use this feature all the time on my work computer, but it didn't occur to me to use it this way.

17. While we are on windows tricks, let me ask your advice on screen changes.

I have triple screen and a desktop connected to the same pc. All my rig and triples are plugged to one power hub to turn on everything at once when i want to use sim apps. unless i unplug the desktop monitor (connected to a different power hub) Win 10 activates 4 separate displays. Ctrl+Alt+S has to enable surround and disable desktop monitor but it does not. When i want to enable with in NVidia app, it asks me to close a bunch of apps running as windows 10 has a habit of opening several copies of the same app.

This causes me to sit into rig then stand up and move to desktop a couple of times.

Question is: How can i set display setting to make triple surround as my primary display that whenever i turn them in the surround automatically activated and desktop disabled.

I used to be able to set it from display settings in win 8 but in win 10 i can not find that option.

Tapatalk kullanarak iPhone aracılığıyla gönderildi

18. FloSimRace

FloSimRace Simracer

Still no information about the possible arrival of the right layout for GT4 races on the Paul Ricard? I did the test to take the chicane and the track is perfectly usable.

We had a 2020 GTWC Pack that doesn't include Magny-Cours and the new Zandvoort, it would be nice to run on the right layout of Paul Ricard with the GT4s...

And let's not talk about the BOP GT4 which is not well used on this circuit because of the absence of the chicane.

baboon likes this.
  19. its.me

its.me Racer

Hi, I have no full solution for you as I know all of this from my triple setup as well. But I have found an easy way to get rid of closing the bunch of apps. After you have checked the box for 'span displays' don't press the 'configure...' button but instead press the button on the bottom of the dialog window to accept the changes. At least on my side this avoids the need to close other apps. Unfortunately I've never achieved to get the short cuts for activating/deactivating surround working:(

20. Cirith Ungol

Cirith Ungol Simracer

It's more a licence problem than an actual technical problem.

Freddie Seng likes this.