1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2021-2022-2023-2024 Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by pankykapus, Jan 1, 2021.

1. Gopher04

Gopher04 Simracer

There's one in North Korea if you ask nicely..:p

2. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

Hmm the numbers for AC / ACC on that iracingstats website are lower than what I see on the steamdb.info website. For example, on Feb 10 when ACC had the Brit Pack update and reached its all-time peak of 6000+ players, (Assetto Corsa Competizione · AppID: 805550 · SteamDB), iracingstats says ACC had a peak of around 4500 players. And it says data are from Steam. Well. It's good to have an idea. Funny to see that AC has more or less the same players as iRacing, and nice to see that ACC with only GT3 / GT4 is not really too far behind.

3. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

Only lists PC, no console <--- maybe thats why numbers are different?

4. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

No, the steamdb.info only measures PC as well. Steam does not have consoles of course.

5. Jonnela

Jonnela Racer

AC doesn't list correct peaks on that site either i don't think. So i don't know where that site is pulling that info, a bit weird too considering player number data is available straight from Steam.

6. Vel

Vel Simracer

To participate in every race of the SRO European GT racing series, what do the logistics for a racing team look like?

Putting aside & ignoring the variable of the substantial costs involved, how do racing cars and teams get moved around from race venue to race venue? Has Covid increased the need to keep teams and their drivers, in 'bubbles' with an eye to moving everyone around from venue to venue safely?

For a middle of the field, 2 car team, - what does it all look like? What are the considerations, hurdles and methods/services used?

How do the cars get moved from track to track?

Do teams have to manage tire transportion logistics? (Getting them to the site/track)

Spare parts? Tire logistics, are they ordered and delivered to each venue for the teams?

What do these various hurdles look like for those teams competing in the IGTC, - with races in Japan, Australia and elsewhere? No doubt, Covid has really complicated the picture over the past year. Yet, otherwise, - what's it take to move a full racing team and cars around? Be it only Europe, or Intercontinentally?

7. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Hardcore Simmer

Data frequency is different, at a glance it appears iracingstats plots every 4 hours, steamdb every 10 minutes, so results will vary/peaks not captured on irs. That said I compared 00:00 11/2 on both and iracingstats was actually higher, 4963 vs 2002. I will assume both are wrong :)

8. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

If you really would be interested in this, you would have found answers on the SRO homepage, on team websites and in broadcasts, especially from endurance races.

9. Vel

Vel Simracer

Well certainly, yet in that case it'd become only information i'd gathered, only for myself. By contrast, putting the question here, - hopefully would create a general source for others as well. 'Add some flavor to the play of ACC, and related discussions.

10. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

But this is ACC, no logistic is needed to race at Bathurst and 5 min later at Spa.
    There are enough real motorsport forums, where this is talked about a hundred times.
    You also can follow behind the scene coverage.
    And why is another real life thread needed, if there is already this:
    Discussing Real-Life Motorsports - 2019 - 2020 - 2021 | Kunos Simulazioni - Official Forum (assettocorsa.net) ?

(3) Transport and Logistics between race weekends | Dilantha Malagamuwa | Dilango Racing | Blancpain GT - YouTube

(3) How To Transport a GT4 Racecar From the UK to Dubai! - YouTube

Last edited: Feb 14, 2021
    Vel and AndyK70 like this.
  11. Captain Barracuda

Just tested, 90-100ms from Melbourne. Thanks again!

12. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Fast. On a good day I'll be in the 60-80 ms range and I am a lot closer than you.

13. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

ok, this is a bit higher than I hoped, but still a good location, as it connects you Aussies to quite some areas.
    A pure Melbourne server would be nice in terms of latency, but then possibly reduce the participants of races to 1/3.

Coanda likes this.
  14. Captain Barracuda

90ms is about the best you can hope for Melb-Sing. ROOZ did extensive testing with different providers in Singapore a while back and the best service was 90ms. Having the server in Singapore instead of Melbourne should attract drivers from all over APAC region so worth the extra few ms (it's also the one place in the world Euros, Aussies and 'Muricans can race together at somewhat reasonable pings). 20ms would be nice but netcode handles 90ms just fine. Big improvement over 200+ on the US CP server and most Aussies not being able to access at all. Thumbs up!

Stains, Minolin and Coanda like this.
  15. Coanda

Coanda Alien

The new pipe laid between Melb--Perth--Singapore is probably helping a lot..

16. SlowLarry

SlowLarry Gamer

Well, i dont know why but my practice rating info is not showing up anymore. I can enable and disable it all the way i want, its just not showing ingame. Also, mmaybe related or not, im trying to get the 3rd star in Oulton. Have done 10+consecutive laps that all counted, but couldnt get the last star. Thats why i wanted to have the rating info, because i remembered having similar problems in Suzuka. Any ideas?

17. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

What exactly?

rat.JPG

rpi.JPG

18. SlowLarry

SlowLarry Gamer

Alright, im stupid! Had it set to multiplayer only....thx a bunch!

sps_for_race likes this.
  19. JanR

JanR Gamer

I just noticed that these special IGTC liveries are now available in ACC - have they been added just recently with the 1.7.x patch(es)? Or did they already come with the Imola/2020 update?

Edit: Took a look through all of the cars and teams, there are also two new liveries from the latest race at Kyalami for the Bentley (Team M-Sport, #7 & #8).

Last edited: Feb 14, 2021
    Belgakinen likes this.
  20. Belgakinen

Belgakinen Simracer

I was wondering when those were added
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks for the sneaky present Kunos ! :D

FriendOfJah, nfsw55, Serge M and 4 others like this.