1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by bgil66, Jun 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikendrix

mikendrix Simracer

Most impact on fps ?
    I would say :
    - Resolution - Resolution scale - VrPixelDensity
    - Shadows
    - Texture & foliage
    - AA
    - Opponent visibility
    - Mirror quality
    - Volumetric fog

2. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

Can‘t confirm this. For me VR-performance and picture quality has greatly improved (after total clean reinstall though).
    Changed for me from worst VR-sim to best VR-sim with latest 0.6 update. Before it was stuttery, blurry crap - now it looks and plays gorgeous!

3. Ricky Reject

Ricky Reject Hardcore Simmer

One of the devs stated in a different thread that mirror resolution (not just quality, but resolution) is one of the more major performance hogs.

4. Before it was butter-smooth but laggy, blurry and flickery 45FPS and still is. :)

5. Rolz

Rolz Alien

strange, never had the VR issues so many experienced... sure ASW did kick in on the busy parts, but with build6 I have noticed that my fps in a group (formation lap) stays around 70-75fps and then when I get some space it goes back to 90fps...
    Tested on each track on various times of day... still have to test storm... then I expect ASW to kick in again :p

6. Raklödder

Raklödder Simracer

Hopefully we'll get an early peek of the 2019 cars from Circuit Paul Ricard on march 13-14th.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
    D.Jankovic, Kopiller and Mike1304 like this.
  7. CKraegel

CKraegel Simracer

+1

elchshooter and Mike1304 like this.
  8. Echo_29

Echo_29 Hardcore Simmer

Anyone else getting just stuck on the UI in the server browser, click to join the server and everything just freezes and gets stuck, passwords get bugged out and also the chat inside the lobby, everything else seems pretty decent but these UI issues are frustrating and buggy :( In VR so not sure if its just a VR issue.

9. Axel Vogelsang

Axel Vogelsang Simracer

Can somebody give me a short information why all threads about a damage model have been closed strictly?

mESCx and Gonzalo Rodriguez like this.
  10. Jacobs

Jacobs Racer

I have the freeze thing only when i try to join servers with "--" in ping tab.

11. well ......and not only those asking to kunos , there are threads canceled/censored from users asking to other users.....

thread Status: Not open for further replies

12. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Because it was discussed already milion times and we got direct reply from a developer
    I will try to find the quote later

13. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

upload_2019-3-6_18-11-6.png

And yes, asking about features every 23 seconds as if we were goldfish constitutes as wishlisting. :)
    We have a long list of things to implement, if we needed suggestions at the current stage, we would be asking for it.

Giving feedback in the appropriate places is very much welcome.

LeDude83, Ischemica, R. Iván and 7 others like this.
  14. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Here is the quote from Pankykapus made a while back.. stuff could be changed but we dont know.. So yea it has been discussed numerous times

15. rpm

rpm Racer

0.6.1 works! It works! Congratulations guys!

Axel Vogelsang likes this.
  16. Axel Vogelsang

Axel Vogelsang Simracer

What a fantastic product you already have made so far, Kunos!!! Everything is going into the right direction. Could easily spend 24/7 without any lack of enthusiasm! (No fanboyism)
    Awesome job guys! Keep going!

17. rd.king

rd.king Hardcore Simmer

Man that formation lap is aggravating.

18. Coanda

Coanda Alien

If I have understood this correctly there will be no build 7,8 & 9?

19. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Correct, road map had 6 EA builds and then it's release of the full game.

20. trutya

trutya Simracer

i really love this new SP formation lap format. only i need the option to disable the speed limit...
    next step is to do a sprint race weekend...

overall performance on dry seems to be good (with some settings tweaking), next i'll test it in the rain too.

great job Kunos, really am waiting for the final release!