1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by bgil66, Jun 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

I agree, I cant feel a think through the rumble motors, but I have a butt kicker and have set that up for wheel lock ups, so get the feeling through the seat of my pants.

warth0g likes this.
  2. jaxx_za

jaxx_za Hardcore Simmer

So after reading the surprise in your response, I was wondering if perhaps I was confusing my AC PPD setting with ACC :confused:
    But I can confirm that VR Pixel Density is set to 180%.

I'm running an I5-7600k clocked at 4.3GHZ, 16GB of 3200MHZ DDR4, 1080ti at stock clocks.

Below are my settings (DISREGARD VR PIXEL DENSITY - I couldn't take the screen grab in VR, so had to take it from the monitor - but all other settings are identical).

I'm using a default engine.ini - I did have custom entries in 0.4, but it seems to have been overwritten after the updates, and I never saw the need to mess with it from 0.5 onwards.

ACCsettings.png
    ACCsettings1.png

3. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Join this thread:

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/the-acc-benchmark-thread.53257/

4. epsylonB

epsylonB Gamer

ok thx! i will try these settings, maybe its my engine.ini with additionally aa and sharpness. i forget that has performance impact too...

jaxx_za likes this.
  5. Has Kunos been talking about custom liveries in ACC yet?

carlossanchez97 likes this.
  6. carlossanchez97

carlossanchez97 Hardcore Simmer

They mentioned something on the interview for RaceDepartment last year, but nothing else that I´ve heard/seen.

Around 11:08

7. epsylonB

epsylonB Gamer

very curios, i try your settings with clean engin.ini, no chance with 180 ppd. and i have i6700k @ 4,5 ghz, 1080ti... 130 ppd is the maximum for me :/

8. jaxx_za

jaxx_za Hardcore Simmer

That's odd - I haven't done anything special to my install. 130ppd seems a little low to me.

Anyone else struggling to run at 180% Pixel Density with a 1080ti?

9. Rolz

Rolz Alien

I only run 120% but then I'm of the more FPS over more eye-candy side of the argument :)

jaxx_za likes this.
  10. OH.. That's a shame; you said is not implemented in ACC yet, but does it work in other games?

As a school for how the ABS work I used the Lamborghini.
    It has a crapton of feedbacks such as loud noise, blinking ABS setting when engaged, and blinking led for when you lock.
    I suggest you to exercise on that car because just smashing works but is not efficient.
    Once I learned how to set up the ABS setting and how to trigger it just a bit when needed was a big improvement, and now that I know how it works is easier on the other cars too

warth0g and Cote Dazur like this.
  11. LukFry

LukFry Racer

short question

is there already car/windshield dirt in the game? and which graphics setting is it?

12. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Car dirt is windshield not.

Car dirt goes in couple of ways..from what i seen
    Dust dirt from sand pits and going off track.
    and rubber dirt on car with driving the car a lot of laps :)
    for example i had totally dirty car from rubber during the 3hr endurance race..

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd....530/E9482CFAB65FF04A8F29334EECEEB41F13734664/
    https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd....860/11D586F3D29509A342D64874F941C4DE3F245C01/

EDIT: I has been confirmed by dev that windshield dirt is gonna be added sometimes soon™

Son, LukFry and carlossanchez97 like this.
  13. LukFry

LukFry Racer

holy, that looks dirty, aah awesome :) thanks for reply

14. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

Can you disable the ghost car? When I think I’m on a quick lap and then I see him in front I get mad:D

15. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

If you mean Hotlap in Singleplayer, then you can disable it. Just click on the 'Game Mode' selection.
    Not sure though if you mean another mode.

2019-03-10 23_13_01-AC2.jpg

16. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

Thanks. I should have been more specific but was in the special events hotlap.

17. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

I have a system close to yours and I also run a very similar setting as yours. I am also very happy with the present state of VR.
    Among the difference in my stetting is that I run 150% PD, as to me in ACC or any other sim, I cannot see any improvement over 150%, good difference from 130 to 150, but after that, I can't see the improvement.
    The other thing is that you have Temporal upsampling enabled in advanced option, Penky recommended not to, you might want to try without see if you like it better, in terms of better performance with no graphic impact in VR.

mms and jaxx_za like this.
  18. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I find it interesting the different motec display pages each manufacturer adopts. I also wonder why some manufacturers do not have a page for tyre temps. Maybe Kunos are not privy to all display pages from every manufacturer?

19. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

We have them, rest assured that you get the most faithful dash screens ever, except the "service" ones that are dedicated to the engineers and mechanics and most of them only available with the car stopped at the pits.

Why some cars do not have tyre temps? Because real drivers are not obsessed with data as simracers. They just need to focus on what's outside the car, not inside. They rarely look at the dashscreen. They trust of course their engineers to have done the best they can to get them a good car to race with and once out there, it's not much they can do with data, just concentrate and drive.

This is the same discussion we had on a different thread, about how today's simracers simply use too much data (in the dashscreen, in their HUDs, even in tablets real time telemetry). There's simply an overload of data that simracers think are helpful, but all they do is take out immersion (try to nail the exact specific value in pressure, temp, whatever), realism, authenticity... it is also a mental thing. If you don't have such inputs, you concentrate on your driving. When you're looking on those inputs then your brain starts playing games on you; "it's the setup", "it's the physics engine", "it's my FFB", "it's Jupiter on Sagittarius and the beans I ate for breakfast... "

Less data, more driving.

:p :D

20. My guess is because some don't give a hoot for in-car information and they use the telemetry, probably because the tires provided are not so sensitive as other series.

And with your question you made me think about the racelogic laptimer.. :D
    Will the other screen options be available in the full release? Or is just a dream for a nerd of multiple informations? :oops: