1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by bgil66, Jun 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tigerteeth

Tigerteeth Simracer

2. done, but we are still losing grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

D.Jankovic likes this.
  3. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Finally, I'm spending more time in ACC racing than performance tweaking :p

It's already started to feel like an addiction. The ratings give an additional puropose to each race...although you're way back in the field, you still have your own objectives. For example: keeping the safety rating up.

As usual, we have the careless aliens...some guy failed to Q and started last. I started 2nd. Final lap he came flying towards me. I could only avoid a crash by jumping off the line mid-corner. Hopefully, the ratings will teach those guys a lesson, too.

Question: If I want to let someone pass on the straight. How do I indicate properly?

Another question: with my FOV settings, I can't see the dashboard. How do I know I'm indicating? I checked from external view earlier and the indicators stay on forever, it seems. Indicator button long press = off would kind of solve this problem.

4. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

Just make sure the guy behind you is far enough behind and not yet trying to overtake. Pull off of the racing line and lift throttle a bit, enough for him to be able to overtake you.
    No need to use indicators at all, if I'm behind someone who's got his indicator on, I assume it's by accident :p

5. flashing

6. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

Don't flash :D Imagine having another car in front of you and you start to flash. Aside from that, you'd have to guess what the flashing guy's intentions are, very unclear.

7. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

I think so, too. When I checked the indicators earlier, I found them very subtle and easily overlooked in the heat of the moment. Flashing is pretty well noticable, though. I'll do that from now on.

Salvatore Amato likes this.
  8. jaxx_za

jaxx_za Hardcore Simmer

Turn signals / indicators would be better suited.

9. jaxx_za

jaxx_za Hardcore Simmer

Sorry, but how does flashing help if the faster car is behind you?

Oblit0r likes this.
  10. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Don't the tail lights flash, too?

jaxx_za likes this.
  11. jaxx_za

jaxx_za Hardcore Simmer

Only with rain lights if I'm not mistaken.

12. Son

Son Hardcore Simmer

With the indicators that all the GT3 cars have, you would usually indicate to the side you're sticking to, that way the car passing you knows which way to go around. An example would be on the straight at Monza, I would indicate to the left and lift off my throttle a bit so that the other car can easily pass. Doing this through corners however can be a bit more confusing, as sometimes drivers think the side you've indicated for is where you're telling them to go, meaning you head to the left to let them past and they go left to get past. However, as long as you position quick and clearly enough, just lifting off and holding your line on the straight should be enough for faster drivers to find their way past.

13. Luatz1

Luatz1 Racer

In my opinion you should need to worry more about your driving or car language rather than the "left/right indicator" / emergency lights

So, if you want to let someone pass on the straight, there are 3 options.

1.- while in a Q sesion and you are not in flying lap:

just get yourself out of the racing line and don't drive fast, if you see that there are cars far behind and they will catch you during next turn, just slow down your car even more in the straight, don't block the turn in entry.

2.- he is middle/ far from you in racing / normal conditions :

you just move yourself away from the racing line, and don´t accelerate 100%, let him see you are driving slower than normal / leting him pass. Make sure you don't reach the next turn wheel to wheel.

3.- he is right behind you:

move yourself ASAP out of the line, but in this case he might follow you to get your slipstream, in this case just don't panic and start changing lines, and when he goes wheel to wheel, lift the pedal so that you don't force a wheel to wheel.

There can be hundreds of different situations, in the end the point is, no suddent sped changes, no sudden direction changes.... try to speak through your speed, racing line....etc...
    The indicators help, but also some people press them by mistake and keep them on all the race, and they can be misleading in that case.

Arlo and Salvatore Amato like this.
  14. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

If he's right behind you, just stick to the line you're on. Moving away from the line (which means basically you're taking the inside line for the next corner), makes it seem like you're defending.
    With the slip stream, he should be able to pull alongside. If he's not able to, he will (should) move to the inside when approaching the corner. Just take the outside line.

15. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

I'll second the above, with one difference.
    Actually don't do that. If another racer is right behind you, DO NOT move. He is trying to get slipstream, or he is trying to get a better exit, so that he can pass you on the straight.
    One of the most common mistakes is that people see one arrive behind them at the corner, and at the exit, they try to go off line. This means they will have a much slower exit and even cause instability on their car. The faster driver at the same time is trying to get as fast exit as possible to prepare for the straight overtake and suddenly finds the other driver struggling with exit, much slower on the racing line. He will either bump you, or raise his foot on the exit and spin, or both.

So stick to your line, get a great exit, let him catch the slipstream and when he moves out to overtake, simply raise your foot, or brake earlier.
    This is the best and safest way to let go someone.

edit: ninj'ed by @CoproManiac (damn change your username LOL)

Madsen, sissydriver, chksix and 10 others like this.
  16. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

How do I change it? :D I've tried to search for it, but can't find anywhere in the settings how to change it.

chksix likes this.
  17. Luatz1

Luatz1 Racer

Uhm....thinking about it again, Yeah both of you are right, changing line in that situation is not wise. my apologies.

carlossanchez97 and Oblit0r like this.
  18. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

No worries m8. All the other points were correct, so good job

Dookie and carlossanchez97 like this.
  19. TRIAS

TRIAS Racer

I reisntalled ACC . After new installation the game does recognize my G25 but I can't assign buttons on my wheel and shifter (when I press "advanced" to choose which button controls what and press desired button, nothing happens). Anyone can help?

20. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

Try first clearing the buttons.