1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by bgil66, Jun 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

Ok, I understand. But I am also one of these parents without life on saturday nights...

Lawndart and Rolz like this.
  2. Raklödder

Raklödder Simracer

I can't tell if the guy who made the video has tweaked his equalizer or not, but hopefully the Porsche will sound much more powerful on release.

Anyway I'm just happy to finally see it in action and are looking forward to the full game release.

f_deutsch and PabloVND like this.
  3. PabloVND

PabloVND Racer

Lol

Well done review there, seeing pretty advanced stuff...

4. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I was thinking more population within 4000km from central europe which is about 100ms ping. In Australia most of the population is in Sydney and Melbourne with Sydney hosting most servers. New Zealand is under 2000km from sydney but your 5000km+ to get to the next country of Indonesia.

A server in central Europe 4000km would get you to a big chunk of Africa and the middle east. However thats not likely high sim user areas :D but population should be over 1 billion within 100ms compared to us around 30 million.

And last night I was about the only one in the Aussie servers :oops: So I went and tested the higher ping ones for a couple of runs.

5. Rolz

Rolz Alien

If you'd jumped onto discord we could have then found where each other was at... because I was pretty ronery too :p

martcerv likes this.
  6. Coanda

Coanda Alien

haha :D yeah looks like my village connection but somehow it works. I get 180-200 to the West Coast and 220-280 to central Europe @ 60 Mbps. SEA to Australia can be a higher than expected however the new Singapore to Perth + the new Guam to Sydney sea cables have helped and I can get 160-180 ms depending on if the trace routes are done correctly. Not great considering the distance. There is also 5 new sea cables due over the next 24 months that will route through SEA, HK, Japan and onto the US. Hopefully for you the new Indigo sea cables will help the Aussie cause. Downunder really is at the A$$hole end of the earth :D:p There are some Korean & Singapore servers going however like you say they are not very populated.

Sea cable network 2019:- https://submarine-cable-map-2019.telegeography.com/

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
  7. MathMilitary

MathMilitary Gamer

We must take version 1 as a FULL version, but not the end of development.;)

8. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Saturday arvo.... Ummm, getting pi$$ed at the footy, cricket or races :D:p:confused:

serveimage.jpg
    CCaqJZ6.jpg
    5237.png
    gettyimages-77207941-2048x2048.jpg

anthony galmiche, XettMan and chksix like this.
  9. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Oh good you mention it; do you guys care to elaborate a bit more about how different SA reqs feel atm? And how about 0, 2, 3 track medals?
    As you can imagine I was not really active in MP, more stuck in preparations to the Monza event (and tbh. don't even have the 50 SA yet -.-)

10. Rolz

Rolz Alien

SA50 and 3 Tack medals

Edit - Have cleaned up riff raff straight away

dek likes this.
  11. trutya

trutya Simracer

i had only once but had some incidents... but in general SA filter is really good, it elaborated desperate wreckers.
    however, i had some really good quick races at Monza without SA filter, no wreckers showed up there, instead of them we got a couple of really fast drivers, some of them were able to do 1:47s with Bentley... impressive. had some really good fights with a couple of incidents unfortunately (caused by too much red fog, not by me this time) - all in all very impressive. one thing that needs to be done, that P2 driver couldn't pass the P1 driver in the formation lap. one time i was starting from pole, but the 2nd place car gained like 50m advantage while i was driving slower, waiting for the rest of the field to close up on me.

and one more note, my SA rating could go up on MP server - first time in the early access :) it almost reached 70 now.

Son likes this.
  12. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

Racing on a 5o SA server feels a bit like like racing on the SRS platform, I’ve only had one significant contact so far - rear ended at the first chicane at zolder, but to be fair I was in the middle of 20 car field and it certainly wasn’t intentional, just one of those things that sometime happens.

I can’t understand why more servers are not running SA requirements???

trutya likes this.
  13. Felge Schneider

Felge Schneider Hardcore Simmer

Can someone tell me, which Unreal Engine 4 version ACC uses at the moment?

14. Luatz1

Luatz1 Racer

I've raced twice in nurburgring, 3 track medals, 30-50 SA I believe it was, we were just 5-7 drivers, being one of them Madsen (from this forum), and everything was fine for all of us I believe.

I've also raced 2-3 times in zolder, 3 track medals and 50SA requirements. in 1 race I slightly touched the guy in front of me at the exit of the last hairpin, making him spin, my bad. the rest of the races were totally clean for me. (specially surprised with the lapped cars)

As Mike said, I don't understand how there are so few servers with SA requirements.... and just 1 or 2 are with people racing inside... a bit sad to see 3-4 servers with no requirements full.

BTW. have people forgotten Paul ricard and hungaroring? I never see those in the server rotation.

trutya and martcerv like this.
  15. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I havent really had many randoms in an SA 50 3 medals server yet, those that were would be well into 90s SA in the end so no issues as expected.

The 3 track medals alone should sort out some of the rif raf, it doesnt take much to get to 3 and with the limited content in ACC its a good idea for all to at least know tracks to this level.

SA level without enough traffic in these its hard to say what 50 would relate to in MR. Should be ok we may go stricter but may not need to.

16. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Yep, sadly you Australians are a bit out of this question :-/

I wouldn't be surprised if we get rid of the Track Medal requirement during this year, and set 3 as hard requirement. As you said it's not really asked tooo much, and you don't really want to have guys around that can't drive 4 laps on a track.

Aseeth, Madsen, Rolz and 6 others like this.
  17. dek

dek Racer

50 Sa should be minimum for MP. Then there can be 60s and 70s servers as well. So we have different steps .

epsylonB likes this.
  18. Generally 50 or 60SA servers are quite clean.
    Most of the few accidents happens because some are a bit too frenzy and they want that position right NOW, even when usually the driver is clean. This seems more about the attitude rather than a SA parameter, but in a longer terms and maybe with higher SA will be better?
    Once in a while there is a total mess if the conditions are different than the "normal" I.E. rain or cold temperatures. Well I'm really bad myself when it's raining, some bumps here and there, but at least I'm not the common kind of "take out 3 or 4 drivers at once" :D. Let's say lack of experience because generally we drive on good conditions. But a lot start with "full power, like it's sunny and perfect" :(

Track medals work just a bit for the second half of the grid. Still there are some in 3 medals servers that cannot complete a timed lap after several attempts. In the dry. With close to nothing traffic. o_O
    I would scale the medals a bit different. 4 clean laps for the 2nd medal and 4 clean laps under the rain for the 3rd medal.
    I believe this might help to better understand the track and the dynamics of the cars

19. Si.

Si. Simracer

I’d like to race on a SA 50 Monza server but I’ve not been able to find a populated one yet. Often I go on the DrivingItalia server but it’s hit and miss if you make it through the first corner. I don’t understand people, often no attempt at all to brake, happy to wreck :(. If you do get past the first corner there’s some really good fast clean people to race with.

Some basic sorting by number of people, SA rating etc. on the multi-player servers would make a big difference. I know the SA and Race Rating preferences are greyed out at the moment, hopefully they will be activated soon.

20. trutya

trutya Simracer

if it was a ROWE BMW and you were driving the same car too, then it could have been me :D (if i remember correctly, i had an incident like this, out of the last hairpin)