1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by bgil66, Jun 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lawndart

Lawndart Hardcore Simmer

Yes, Formula 3’s at Sonoma. This isn’t an aero issue, this issue is a mechanical grip one. What you’re referring to is when you’re slower in turns with reduced aero in an aero car that’s very light, so your relying on mechanical grip. As for mechanical grip cars; Spec Miata, Spec racer Fords, and Ford GT’s (GT4 spec), Skip barber Skippies, and numerous concerted road cars meeting SCCA regulations like 350z, Subaru WRX (GT4 spec), and even raced horrible crap boxes in lemons. And that’s just the last 5-6 years, I’ve been racing for over 30, much of it motorcycles in WSMC and curbs are a whole other matter there... I know curbs better than my own kids, and all the variations of them. Hell I still call them “blister strips”.

Curbs in ACC (and AC stock tracks) act like you dropped a wheel off track.

Curbs are your friend, not your nemesis, that’s what sausage strips are for. Curbs can actually be quite sticky with hot tires.

Edit: oh, and Clio Renault 250 cup car, and Megan at the Nurburgring a few years back, I can tell you about every curb there. And some are designed to not be driven over (some are 45 degrees)

2. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Depends on the kerbs. Some pose no issue, some may help you turn - which works in ACC - some you should stay away from - as is the case in ACC. You know that.

I'm not saying the kerbs in ACC are perfectly fine, but ultimately I think we're talking about edge cases where this issue occurs.

3. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

MakeMeLaugh likes this.
  4. MakeMeLaugh

MakeMeLaugh Simracer

I remember they talking about looking into it. People have been complaining since the beginning and they didn't change a thing yet...

Rolz likes this.
  5. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

6. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

I'm not sure what you're trying to tell me by quoting my posts without writing anything.

Edit: @Oblit0r , since the quote doesn't show up either.

7. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

Basically asking you the same question you asked Lawndart; Have you raced a GT3 or other similarly quick and aero-dependent car in real life?

8. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

No, but neither have I mentioned that I have raced in real life. Lawndart did, so I asked if they drove a downforce-dependent car at speed. I got my answer, what I make of that doesn't matter (I'm not the engineer or programmer to judge that). So what's your point again?

9. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

Seemed to me like there was some kind of rhetoric in your question, maybe I'm wrong tho. I rather listen to someone talk about curbs who has experience driving on them, than listening to people who never have telling us what they supposedly should be like.

10. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

At SPA on the cooldown lap he still tells me to avoid the kerbs lol

11. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

My question was what the text says. Just something I wanted to know.

And I rather listen to someone who has to deal with the science behind the interaction of car and surface. Race track experience can be extremely helpful but it doesn't overrule hard data. In most of these discussions about kerb issues you rarely see people dive into the details of what is going wrong, it's all vague descriptions. Especially in Youtube videos with the red mist of the racing hanging over everything... People are quick to put the blame on the software whenever something goes wrong.

12. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

Even that person says there are issues with some of the curbs
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/curb-behaviour.51750/page-23#post-1060847
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/curb-behaviour.51750/page-24#post-1061736

Lawndart likes this.
  13. Rolz

Rolz Alien

hey has anyone noticed the sound of the AI cars seems to be restricted?
    I have yet to try 100/100, but at 90/90 you can hear it sounds restricted...
    probably designed that way to give me a chance lol

14. Echo_29

Echo_29 Hardcore Simmer

Is it possible to have 2 sets of graphic setting files for VR and non-VR? When I want to watch replays of some races I have done, I want to be able to watch in 2D without having to change all the settings I use in VR.

Coanda likes this.
  15. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

16. Rolz

Rolz Alien

you still need to exit out and go back in...
    Since v1.0.2 I have to specify opening in VR or it always opens up in pancake (right click on ACC in steam and choose open with Oculus VR)

17. Lawndart

Lawndart Hardcore Simmer

Epistolarious and I have been in here for a few years, I think he knew I had racing experience so the question was likely lagit, but to OblitOr’s point it sounded loaded after you put the internet filters on :p

But besides racing, I’m also a game developer of over 25 years, serving most production roles in that time. And as an owner of a studio that primarily focuses on Unreal engine games, I have a good idea what Kunos are doing, and will likely bring it up with Stephano at E3 next week (if he is there). But it’s a matter of why, not how, as AC was the same and they didn’t adjust it for their own reasons. Perhaps it’s cheap easy anti cheating? Discouraging taking too much curb? A lagit gameplay reason that I haven’t really thought through all the edge cases. And as such, I get the luxury of being here as another demanding consumer :D

chksix, Oblit0r and kro like this.
  18. Lawndart

Lawndart Hardcore Simmer

Thanks for the links, that comment was spot on, it feels like your front wheels are being pulled by the curbs. My personal issue is at the end of the Kemel straight at Spa, Thime was having the exact same issues.

19. MakeMeLaugh

MakeMeLaugh Simracer

Well, so much for being a simulator right?

20. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

And it wasn't intended to be "loaded" beyond asking for something specific. It was a simple question and I got an answer.

What I don't buy into is this popular exaggeration that the interaction with kerbs is completely broken, because otherwise the tracks in the sim would not be drivable and that's clearly not the case. I have seen several cases of people immediately putting blame on the "kerb of death" and the sim physics when it was not clear at all from the footage that this was the issue. When the person on the receiving end of a spin after driving over kerbs comes automatically to the conclusion that the physics have to be wrong then I'm going allow myself to remain sceptical. In other cases it's very clear that something isn't working as it should, but they're not common cases (as in preventing driving over kerbs entirely). None of that means that I'm saying the problem doesn't exist. Only that I think that there are more people talking over their heads than they perhaps realise. Just an observation...

What UE development or a produce role has to do with this I don't know. As you say, it was a known limitation of the simulation in AC1 as well.

Anyway...