1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by bgil66, Jun 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Simracer

I can't speak from a business model perspective but as a GT3 fan all I can say is ACC wins in every way, so I'm glad they went the route they did.

tjr and david m like this.
  2. Si.

Si. Simracer

It would seem sensible to stabilise the game now and have a marketing push with the release of the 2019 content.

menos | M6 and stephen_b like this.
  3. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

https://steamcharts.com/cmp/805550,211500,365960,266410#3m

comp.jpg

4. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

Anyone else see 'connected' but can't load the server list or ratings page right now?

5. MakeMeLaugh

MakeMeLaugh Simracer

Why did you include iRacing?

Raceroom has no mods, tons of stuff to buy and no structured multiplayer and simple singleplayer. rFactor2 is pretty much the same but with mods. So yea, pretty much all of them have almost no player base since there's very little reason for someone to actively play them everyday.

XettMan likes this.
  6. The iRacing numbers only reflect those who have linked the game to their Steam account. iRacing has the most people playing, PC sim racing-wise.

XettMan likes this.
  7. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Simracer

I think numbers wise this title is a big miss so far. They may turn it around, but out of the gate has been pretty disappointing. The game has a very limited set of cars/tracks because its limited to one series and if you are going to do that, you really have to hit it out of the park on launch.

8. henri

henri Hardcore Simmer

You can't see who is actually playing. Most of them are just logged in to read their forums (about other games like AC/ACC :D) and keeping browser open...

9. Tundra

Tundra Hardcore Simmer

I don't find it disappointing at all. it's no perfect, but I find the experience quite enjoyable.
    regarding the content, it's not that Kunos hid the facts about cars and tracks.
    they wanted to simulate a particular racing series and I think ACC delivers

F1Aussie and DiRTMark like this.
  10. MakeMeLaugh

MakeMeLaugh Simracer

Not really, the career is horrible and that is supposed to simulate the "Blancpain experience".

XettMan and mkotechno like this.
  11. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

Yes I had it for about and hour and had to do some hot lapping instead.
    It did eventually work though.

tjr likes this.
  12. Mitja Bonca

Mitja Bonca Alien

ACC will loose them a lot, if they work same way as they do now. This is crap whats going on now.

13. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Simracer

In single player it doesn't deliver quite yet. This is a series based on Endurance racing and I can't even finish 30min-1Hr races because when talking AI the leaders can't overtake backmarkers.

BrakeCheck101 likes this.
  14. Since you seem to somehow know the sales numbers that Kunos expected to hit, care to share?

Pretty sure that Marco and Stefano knew that a game with such limited content wouldn't sell anywhere near the same as AC. ACC having a higher daily player count than rf2 and nearly equal to pc2 is better than I thought possible.

sps_for_race likes this.
  15. Yep. That's like any game. My friends never log out of most games they play. They used to post actual iRacing participant numbers in their forum, but I haven't been there in a while.

16. MakeMeLaugh

MakeMeLaugh Simracer

Player count is very close to rf2, which is just a software with tracks and cars, but at least it has mods. PC2 have way more and that is without counting consoles. But don't forget, the trend right now is keep bleeding the few players left.

If you and the devs were expecting this, well, talk about low expectations. "Competizione".

Nahkamarakatti and David Wright like this.
  17. Wait, rf2 is now just some random piece of software that includes a couple cars and tracks? I thought it was considered the front runner in the genre for physics and AI. Could have sworn that just a couple days ago rf2 released a highly sought after dlc in the form of a laser scanned LeMans circuit along with a substantial core game update.

PC2 has way more?
    In the last 24 hours pc2 had a peak player count of 1713 compared to 1192 for ACC. Those numbers are closer than I thought they would be considering pc2 has far more content to choose from. (not to mention that we are also comparing a $50 game to a $60-$100 game)
    Not sure what the player count on console has to do with any of this.

18. chakko

chakko Alien

Not so sure about that... i think AC sold 1,4 million times? At least that's the figure i read somewhere. Can't imagine iRacing has so many subscribers in total. And, i don't mean people who are subscribed now, i mean people who ever subscribed to one of their subscription plans. 1,4 million is quite a milestone, for a sim. Actually, i'm surprised about that figure. For a sim that's like... totally awesome. I know this won't make me gain sympathy points here, but, i'm pretty sure that quite a lot of people bought AC not for the sim aspect, but, for the racing game aspect. Simmers are quite a rare breed.

19. MakeMeLaugh

MakeMeLaugh Simracer

Yes that's right, that rfactor2 is just a piece of software with some car, tracks and good physics(exactly like ACC, god damn the similarities). The singleplayer is the most basic thing ever, just like the multiplayer. It's the perfect game for the racing heroes around here.

PC2 also doesn't drop to 140 players like ACC does, it stays around 400~450 so average is much better. And yes, console numbers do count, we are talking about game popularity/activity.

AC1 sold pretty well. Solid engine, physics and mods. It reaches a very big audience, since it goes beyond simple racing. Community also made some top level mods that are not just tracks and cars. But do not mistake units sold to active users.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
  20. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Simracer

Not talking about the sales numbers bud. Check the number of users. ACC was just released and is hovering 3-4 times below what AC is more than five years after release and in some months ACC has been dangerously close to having the same number of users as RaceRoom and rF2. I would call that far from successful. I have to imagine Kunos wanted much more than having the same number of users as those titles a couple months after release.